PDA

View Full Version : MS3 Spring and camber plate problems

zoomzoom33
08-18-2007, 02:43 PM
I had installed a set of MS3 springs and camber kit to my MS3 about 2 1/2 months ago. The problem that I currently have is a clunking sound coming from the front of the car. This only happens when I turn the steering wheel while going at a very slow speed ( 10 - 15 km/hr ) or when i'm stopped and turing the wheel to park the car. I have brought it back to the dealer a few times and they said everything is fine. I'm really concerned about this, because what if I'm driving and something breaks or the suspension gives? I want a second opinon on this, So can any one recommend a shop I could go to and have it looked at. Any help would be appreiciated. :flaming

FLIPDADY
08-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Which dealer did you take it to? Who installed the parts?

zoomzoom33
08-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Which dealer did you take it to? Who installed the parts?

I bought my MS3 at scarborgh mazda, and had the springs installed there too.
The mechanic that did the install was the lead/shop foreman. I have been
back there only during the scheduled maintaince to complain about the issues
I've been having. The springs are one of a few problems that still has not been resolved. The other is a crunching sound that happens ONLY when I start the car and drive it for about 1 min. after that it goes away. Is it true that if I installed or bought the car at a particular dealership, that I would need to go back to the same one for warranty work? Any help is much appreciated. :bang

dentinger
08-21-2007, 09:15 PM
im having the same problem with my mazda3 (non-speed).
im lowered on sportlines btw. actually, its been about 2-3 months now, and the clunking just started.

the clunking noise is coming from the strut mount bearing.
i think lowering the car puts extra stress on them, thus causing the clunking noise.
luckily, a new strut mount bearing is fairly cheap ($20? ish?)
and fairly easy to install, however, IIRC, you still have to take the strut apart (ie, remove the spring, etc etc).

msequence
08-22-2007, 06:30 PM
wow u guys are nutts.. I Wish I had as much money as you to just decide.. Nah.. I dont like the mazdaspeed 3 I want a mazdaspeed 6 now hehee lol

Ballers.. !!!!

dentinger
08-22-2007, 09:11 PM
ha!
i wish i had that much cash laying around...
then again, im working on a ~$2000 system, and new 18's next year, that will probably cost about the same as the system lmao