PDA

View Full Version : Progress rear sway bar V2 won't fit a 07 model

stevenlung
08-18-2007, 09:43 PM
I found out today, a progress rear sway V2 won't fit a 07, the bushing mount bracket for 07 is in a different area now (closer to the curve/bend of the bar, let say there should be 12" apart between 2 bushings, now the 07 has extended to 16"), so there's no point for me to put it on since V2 has a welded ring to secure the bushing to avoid the bar shifts left and right.

Does anyone on this board has a rear sway on their 07 sedan?

Anyone wants to take this sway bar away from me for $120, I bought it from Coolcolombian 2 weeks ago, I want to post this on the sell section, but I'm still a noob on this board, so I don't have enough posts in order to have privilege to start a new thread in the sell section.

Please PM me if anyone of you are interested.

doughboyr6
08-19-2007, 09:22 AM
sorry to hear...

i know that the mazdaspeed ones fit the 07s....but check w/ the dealer to confirm...i know several from Mazda3forums have 07s with the mazdaspeed sways...

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=75149.0

that doesn't answer your question, but someone else had the same problem.

stevenlung
08-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Re: GB: Hotchkis Sway Bar Kit for Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick update.

Seems the rear bar may not fit regular 3's. Jimmy's working with one of our customers who has a 3 and purchased this set and they are in contact with Hotchkis already regarding rear fitment. Front fits fine. Might be something a work around can be found for, but until this is sorted out I'm gonna sell units only to Speed3 owners.

Supposedly, the same trick that some use with the Progress bar may work, but we want to find out what Hotchkis suggests first.

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks anyways doughboyr6

azn_outlaw
08-21-2007, 08:48 AM
That actually was more focusing on the 04-06 Models....

the 07+ Mazda3 (speed3 or non-speed3) both have the same rear subframe, so any rear sway bar designed for a 07 Mazda3 Application will fit no problem..

now try to reverse the application meaning putting an 07 Mazda3 rear sway bar onto a 04-06 Mazda3 will not work....

stevenlung
08-21-2007, 01:37 PM
That actually was more focusing on the 04-06 Models....

the 07+ Mazda3 (speed3 or non-speed3) both have the same rear subframe, so any rear sway bar designed for a 07 Mazda3 Application will fit no problem..

now try to reverse the application meaning putting an 07 Mazda3 rear sway bar onto a 04-06 Mazda3 will not work....

Thank you so much. :bana

MattC
08-21-2007, 02:13 PM
thanks alot for posting this mang, I was going to buy one a while back and held off, but had no idea it wouldnt fit.