PDA

View Full Version : Dealership service experience - need advice

thesober
08-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Alright so I go for a routine 8000km service today and mentioned that there is an unregular noise coming from the front wheel well at slow speeds. Drop off the car and no one calls me so I'm assuming that everything is peachy.

When i get to the dealership, i get this bill for $200+, parts on warranty but $150 labour charge to swap out a distorted lower control arm. No one can explain anything as the service department is gone for the day.

Shouldn't they call me for a go ahead of what they are doing? I wasn't expecting the bill that i got, and i wouldn't have done it as it was just a minor thing.

Anyways, my question is when i mentioned that there is some unregular noise and they document it on the work order, does that give them the ok for them to do the work without my consent?

S.F.W.
08-21-2007, 07:11 PM
no, they shouldn't do the work without your consent. Also, if the parts were in warranty, why wasn't the labour?

RedRaptor
08-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Also, if the parts were in warranty, why wasn't the labour?

Right on. From my dealership experiences, anytime something is on warranty that means both parts and labour included.

m_a_t_r_i_x
08-21-2007, 07:21 PM
which dealership is that?!?!?

thesober
08-21-2007, 07:34 PM
I rather not say which dealership at the moment, but thanks for everyones confirmation.

b
08-21-2007, 10:00 PM
I rather not say which dealership at the moment, but thanks for everyones confirmation.

C'mon. You could save someone else from having problems!

Azi
08-21-2007, 10:51 PM
thats odd that the parts are warranty but the labour wasn't, and you have no clue about it. somethings defiantly not right. they cant do anything w/o your consent.

JonsMazda
08-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Sounds like a "stealership" to me...

cisco23
10-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Anyone have experience with Prima Mazda??? Words to the wise? Please let me know what you heard or have experienced

FLIPDADY
10-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Anyone have experience with Prima Mazda??? Words to the wise? Please let me know what you heard or have experienced
I'm sure a few members have serviced their cars there. We'll just wait and see if anyone posts something.

:pop

JonsMazda
10-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Mazda of Toronto is good. Also Mississauga Mazda, Tiffany is the Service manager there and shes funny...

ds2chan
10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear which place this is (seriously).. that's pretty outrageous that they would charge you without asking you first. I'm assuming they wouldn't allow you to leave with your without paying. So what happened at that point??

thesober
10-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Whoops, sorry for not updating my original post, i cleared it up the next day, they charged me incorrectly, and got a refund for the labour charges.

Cardinal Fang
10-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Glad to hear.

AJE
11-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Cisco23, I can confidently say that here at Prima we do our best to deliver not only the best service possible but we also believe that a happy customer is one that will come back time and time again.

With that being said there are instances where customers will become disgruntled but hey that can happen everywhere. Im a firm believer in that no matter how much you do for someone at the end of the day they choose whether or not their happy with your service. I work in sales here at Prima ( I actually sit right next to Dennis ) and I can tell you that we go out of our way to satisfy every customer we have here.

Take care guys,

Cheers!

nicker
11-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Good to hear they straightened it out. THat is the main thing. Hey we are all human and make mistakes, now that they took care of the mistake is class.

It was funny yesterday I was driving by a Chrysler dealer here in London and there is a guy out front with a sign reading, "If you want GOOD Service, go somewhere else". I laughed my ass off. And I almost wanted to pull over and shake this guys hand. I know this dealership has had issues before with un happy customers. I love that this guy did this. Companies have to realize people are not going to roll over anymore when they **** up.