PDA

View Full Version : How To: Enable Fog lights as DRL

raine
08-25-2007, 03:47 PM
I recently installed HIDs and disabled my Daytime Running Lights. However, I noticed that some of the members have their fog lights enabled as their day time running light. Just wondering how difficult this process is and whether anyone knew how much something like this would cost.

Tokic_o
08-25-2007, 04:23 PM
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=11730.0

Try searching...someone linked this before...

raine
08-25-2007, 09:44 PM
thanks Tokic_o

Ricky
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Thx for help

Shipton
08-22-2008, 07:36 AM
I thought it was illegal for cars past 1992 not to have DRLs of some sort?

A friend of mine had to straight-wire his HLs on his ghetto-ass Dodge sedan for some reason like that, haha.

M3Nick
08-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I recently installed HIDs and disabled my Daytime Running Lights. However, I noticed that some of the members have their fog lights enabled as their day time running light. Just wondering how difficult this process is and whether anyone knew how much something like this would cost.

I have a GS (aka no OEM fog switch), so when I got HID's, I used took my stock DRL wiring for my fogs. I built a wiring harness for my fog lamps, and plugged them into the stock system.

My fogs come on when I drop my P-brake, or do 1 + clicks of my light switch. It also makes for a really clean wiring job, and if I ever have to go back to stock, its really easy because I haven't hacked up the car's wiring :)

If you don't mind your fogs being on all the time, this might be an option for you?

ICEBOX
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I have a GS (aka no OEM fog switch), so when I got HID's, I used took my stock DRL wiring for my fogs. I built a wiring harness for my fog lamps, and plugged them into the stock system.

My fogs come on when I drop my P-brake, or do 1 + clicks of my light switch. It also makes for a really clean wiring job, and if I ever have to go back to stock, its really easy because I haven't hacked up the car's wiring :)

If you don't mind your fogs being on all the time, this might be an option for you?

can you elaborate, I would be really interested in doing this.

ICEBOX
03-10-2009, 10:56 PM
would this thread work for a Mazda 5 as well? I did this mod to my 3 but now want HIDS for the 5 so I would like to do this.

aberg83
06-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Is this legal?

TheMAN
06-29-2009, 08:59 PM
technically no