PDA

View Full Version : MOT 24k service

fourtrack78
08-28-2007, 04:41 PM
First off, the service I've gotten (from oil changes) have been great and of course Joe. I got my rims changed, tsb fixed. But then i went for my 24k service. They are suppose to change the oil, filter, rotate tires check levels, service brakes, check lights all for $199 (might be a few more things i left out). I got a call about 2:30pm saying i need to change my rear rotors and pads for $4XX (can't remember the exact price), told him no I'll get it done somewhere else. Now comes the funny part, there are suppose to check "lights", my left fog light has been blown for about 2 months.............and when i drove home it was still out. Did they miss that? You my be thinking its just a light but it makes you think what else they missed? oil? tighten my nuts?...........my 2 cents

Jeff-TheBiz
08-28-2007, 06:08 PM
:bang

MattC
08-28-2007, 07:03 PM
MoT needs to hire good guys like Jeff and Joe in their service department...

m_a_t_r_i_x
08-28-2007, 07:04 PM
did you check your receipt if you had that item? "check left fog light?" if not then the service advisor must have missed it out.....

like lars said, one thing i noticed during oil changes service, they dont lubricate the trunk hinges, now mine is squeeking and getting a little bit rusty...

RedRaptor
08-28-2007, 07:47 PM
tighten my nuts?

No kidding. When I went to Avante for my 48K service, their tech actually forgot one lug nut on the driver side rear wheel.

The reason why I check my wheels now after every major service is because at my 24K service, Avante forgot my wheel lock nut! So for my 48K, I knew better to check.

After I confronted them about the lug nut, they found it in the mechanic's tray but I got some attitude from Joe Wong for using wheel locks on steelies... :S wait a min, who screwed up here?