PDA

View Full Version : Avante Mazda

peterd_m3
09-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Been doing my service at Avante for a while and so far so good.
I usually deal with jose or anthony but last week got some other dude and waited 2 hrs for my oil change...

my car was ready and the keys were just sitting on his desk...i could see the red puma tag on my key chain so i knew they were mine..

i kept asking him if my car was ready and to which he kept on replying they are still working on it...

after 20 mins of asking him, after the 2 hr wait, i finally could not take it anymore and said to him : " they must be amazing in the shop?" " they are working on the car and driving it to the front w/o even using the keys"

as a reply i got..." im sorry i was just busy and i thought u wouldnt notice"

lesson learned i guess

whiteomega
09-11-2007, 04:27 PM
that's kind of silly...i would have asked him about the keys the first time you asked if your car was ready

Fuman
09-11-2007, 04:37 PM
make sure you deal with jose next time then??
I dealt with him when I was servicing there, great guy.

peterd_m3
09-12-2007, 12:04 AM
jose has always been great!

all about principal my friend...principal!! haha

MPS
09-12-2007, 12:08 AM
yes Avante is the shit i wish i can go back there

RedRaptor
09-12-2007, 01:21 AM
Jose and Anthony are the only two guys I deal with there. I've only had bad experiences with Joe Wong.

Fuman
09-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Just dealt with Brant, think hes new.
My car's lowered and he says there should be no issues with getting it on the hoist and that there will be no change. (48,000km service).
Booked it for Monday. I usually go to MOT but Avante's shuttle runs until 6. And I won't get off work until 5.

I'll post again monday.

Fuman
09-24-2007, 09:09 PM
The guy's name is actually Brad. I also say Jose, he's still the same nice guy I remember.

Things done right / as requested
1) Moonroof lubed... I was anal about the slight metal on metal noise.
2) Brakes inspected (it was part of the service but I mentioned that I had issues with the brakes). Brakes are fine.. I guessing its cause my car's lowered. They mentioned I have a bit of rust.
3) Replace splash shield screws (or something to do with the shield.) I thought they used plastic parts because of a TSB Joe mentioned. But they used metal. I was a bit suprised.
4) The typical oil change
5) Tires were rotated I think.
6) Fixed some issues I had with the windows.
7) Told them on the phone that my car is lowered (S-techs) asked if I had to pay extra, they said no. They kept their word.
8) They said they cleaned my air-box and air filter by blowing it. I'm a bit skeptical on this one.
9) Shuttle was waiting for me at the Go-station

Things not done right.
1) I thought I'd get my car washed... but I didn't. But then my car was clean to begin with. I only noticed they didn't wash it because of my windshield.

Things I thought would be done:
1) Checking my alignment.

Miscommunication:
1) I priced shopping and got a quote at MOT for $199 without tax and Avante told me $226 with tax. It ends up its $226 without tax. I didn't argue as they didn't charge me for lowered and I was pretty annoying with my requests. I just paid and left. Nice people at Avante.

RedRaptor
09-24-2007, 10:21 PM
I was at Avante two weeks ago to get my coolant flushed and I noticed that Joe Wong is no longer at Avante. He's been replaced by Brad (I don't know his last name). Coolant flush took 1.5 hours and while waiting for my car I talked to another Mazda3 owner (older lady) whose light bulb burnt out and Ted told her the H7 socket melted a little bit as well. She was charged $13 for the lightbulb, $25 for a new adaptor and $25 for labour.

Holy smokes...$13 for an one H7 bulb and $25 to change it? I kidded with her that she should take her car back, buy the H7 adapter and drive me to CT where we'll get a bulb for $6 and I'll put it in for her for free. :)

Magitronic
09-25-2007, 02:17 PM
The guy's name is actually Brad. I also say Jose, he's still the same nice guy I remember.

Things done right / as requested
1) Moonroof lubed... I was anal about the slight metal on metal noise.
2) Brakes inspected (it was part of the service but I mentioned that I had issues with the brakes). Brakes are fine.. I guessing its cause my car's lowered. They mentioned I have a bit of rust.
3) Replace splash shield screws (or something to do with the shield.) I thought they used plastic parts because of a TSB Joe mentioned. But they used metal. I was a bit suprised.
4) The typical oil change
5) Tires were rotated I think.
6) Fixed some issues I had with the windows.
7) Told them on the phone that my car is lowered (S-techs) asked if I had to pay extra, they said no. They kept their word.
8) They said they cleaned my air-box and air filter by blowing it. I'm a bit skeptical on this one.
9) Shuttle was waiting for me at the Go-station

Things not done right.
1) I thought I'd get my car washed... but I didn't. But then my car was clean to begin with. I only noticed they didn't wash it because of my windshield.

Things I thought would be done:
1) Checking my alignment.

Miscommunication:
1) I priced shopping and got a quote at MOT for $199 without tax and Avante told me $226 with tax. It ends up its $226 without tax. I didn't argue as they didn't charge me for lowered and I was pretty annoying with my requests. I just paid and left. Nice people at Avante.

There isnt a single thing mentioned in your post that they did to your car that they could ever justify charging you more for because its lowered. Lowering your car should only affect the cost of getting an alignment. I would never take my car to a shop that would try and charge me more money for a tire rotation, break inspection and a oil change becuz the car is lower. Explain how any of those items could possibly cost more due to being lowered.

Jeff-TheBiz
09-25-2007, 02:51 PM
There isnt a single thing mentioned in your post that they did to your car that they could ever justify charging you more for because its lowered. Lowering your car should only affect the cost of getting an alignment. I would never take my car to a shop that would try and charge me more money for a tire rotation, break inspection and a oil change becuz the car is lower. Explain how any of those items could possibly cost more due to being lowered.

Not agreeing with the charge at all.. but it generally the labour required to use a manual jack to lift each side of the car so that the hoist will be able to go under the car...

Again, not saying it is okay, just telling you why some places charge it.

Fuman
09-25-2007, 03:27 PM

Hmmm?? They didn't...
"7) Told them on the phone that my car is lowered (S-techs) asked if I had to pay extra, they said no. They kept their word."

When I price shopped on the phone last week:
MOT: $199 without tax
Avante: $226 with tax (or so I heard).

When I finished my service and they called me:
They said $262.xx. I was like errr u said $226 with tax, they are like you must of heard wrong.

Guess I'm gonna be even more anal when I price shop next time.

Fuman
09-29-2007, 01:08 AM
had to go back...
i realized they didn't rotate my tires...
my left tires have weird groves on the outside.
They told me the tread didn't need rotating, I had to go into Avante. I called a few times. Once I went in, I dealt with Jose instead of Brad.
During the service, they said my brakes were fine. But I've been suspecting my rotors are warped. I told them to check it again (my steering wheel will vibrate if I brake going faster than 100), so they did check it again (when I went back to ask why my tires weren't rotated). They told me my front rotors are warped.

Their explanation, during service they only drove the car at 60 km/h (at that speed u don't feel it). During my 2nd visit they went up to 80 km/h and they felt it.

blue3
10-01-2007, 08:16 AM
Had an oilchange done there recently , the tech walked around my car atleast 4 times before actually putting it on teh hoist ?????? , ontop of that the oilchange took 1 hour and 20 minutes ???

gochickenfactory
10-28-2007, 02:26 PM
hahaaha i work at Avante Mazda as a detailer, and yes Jose is ****ing awesome. Everything gets done quick with him cause hes always on the ball. You can see me delivering cars (cleaning them) through the window where the washroom is. I'm the chinese guy there. If you ever see your car keys sitting at the end of the table where that little cardboard box is. Its waiting for a car wash. Our car washer is slow as ****. so if you see it there. don't hesitate, you're car is done, just needs a wash. If you dont' want a wash (cause it usually takes forever) ask to get a rain check for a car wash and gtfo. lol I worked at Terrace Gate acura, and Agincourt Hyundai, and i can say, our service is awesome, i was like..WOW when i walked in the first day. Our service manager, a former mechanic, gets his hands dirty and work on cars if we're backed up. So that the customer doesn't get pissed off.

gochickenfactory
10-28-2007, 02:30 PM
had to go back...
i realized they didn't rotate my tires...
my left tires have weird groves on the outside.
They told me the tread didn't need rotating, I had to go into Avante. I called a few times. Once I went in, I dealt with Jose instead of Brad.
During the service, they said my brakes were fine. But I've been suspecting my rotors are warped. I told them to check it again (my steering wheel will vibrate if I brake going faster than 100), so they did check it again (when I went back to ask why my tires weren't rotated). They told me my front rotors are warped.

Their explanation, during service they only drove the car at 60 km/h (at that speed u don't feel it). During my 2nd visit they went up to 80 km/h and they felt it.

we dont' drive the car fast. as theres squirrels, and kids running around the back streets on lucas/mill st/benson... and we dont' go on young st at all cause theres too much traffic, so its not their fault.

PolarBear
11-23-2007, 06:53 PM
I went there to replace an alternator on my Protege. They were very busy that day (Saturday) but they replaced an alternator even though I didn't have appointment. I dealt with Ted. Overall I'm pleased with their service.

Axela
02-11-2008, 02:46 PM
i only serviced my car at avante Mazda, i was not impressed as well. took the car their for the LCD issue, the guy at the service area, younger one with messy hair style took the info and told me they will order one for me as it is back ordered. 6 mths passed and i had to take the car back in again for noise in driver seat. i asked the same guy about the LCD. he said they have to place the order after having a mechanic taking a look at it again for the second time, meaning he never followed through with the first time.

also i was not impressed with their shuttle service.

Fuman
02-11-2008, 09:54 PM
i only serviced my car at avante Mazda, i was not impressed as well. took the car their for the LCD issue, the guy at the service area, younger one with messy hair style took the info and told me they will order one for me as it is back ordered. 6 mths passed and i had to take the car back in again for noise in driver seat. i asked the same guy about the LCD. he said they have to place the order after having a mechanic taking a look at it again for the second time, meaning he never followed through with the first time.

wtf... that sucks.
When my LCD died. MOT ordered one for me, Took a month for the part to get to MOT. Sure sounds like Avante slipped on this one, doesn't sound like them.

How come you didn't call them back after a month or so?

Axela
02-11-2008, 10:11 PM

I just couldnt bother until it was time to visit them again, i could only go to the dealer on saturdays cause of work and didnt want to spend my saturday at the dealership.

Jeff-TheBiz
02-12-2008, 12:12 AM
wtf... that sucks.
When my LCD died. MOT ordered one for me, Took a month for the part to get to MOT. Sure sounds like Avante slipped on this one, doesn't sound like them.

I remember that :)

rayzeroo
02-12-2008, 10:11 AM

It's unfortunate that our service department did not look after your needs during your LCD issue. We pride ourselves in providing first class service. We endeavour to improve our procedures to ensure better customer satisfaction. Thank you for your comments, it's better to hear about our slip ups so that we can prevent them from happening again.

thrasher
02-25-2008, 07:20 PM
First service, went well. They don't hesitate to answer my dumb questions or check things out for me. Delt with Anthony

irietek
04-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I go to Avante Mazda, and I have been going there for 2+years now.

They are good to me =)

WLS ZMZM
04-04-2008, 12:50 PM
had my car at avante on the 31 of march... my service there as usual was excellent, didn't have to wait around for the shuttle, found the driver very pleasant and professional. Had my door plate kit and my shock sensor installed, and as usual was very pleased with my service there

pt4000
04-21-2008, 10:56 AM
I left a message last monday for an oil change and the door plate/shock sensor, never got a call back after 3 days. I had to call again to talk to somebody.
I was under the impression that Avante had good customer service, I didn't find this in my case.

Wild Weasel
04-21-2008, 11:08 AM
It's been good for me so far. I'll be there tomorrow for an oil change.

thrasher
07-05-2008, 10:20 AM
Second oil change, this time delt with Raymond. Excellent service. Took 5 mins short of an hour so I was happy they are able to do it in the time promised.