PDA

View Full Version : A-pillar color match??

wildchild_MS3
09-19-2007, 08:20 PM
I want to buy a A-PILLAR gauge pod holder but they are all BLACK and I would like to paint it to match the other one on the passenger side: gray color (like all mazda3 I guess)
Anyone know a paint color that match?? any advice?

thanks!

EvilDeadFan
09-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Go to a good body shop. They will find something suitable in a suitable finish. :)

MPS
09-19-2007, 10:40 PM
A pillar = rice
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/axela1/DSC01913.jpg

Wild Weasel
09-19-2007, 11:30 PM
A pillar = rice

No it isn't!

MPS
09-19-2007, 11:35 PM
ur to talk with ur GM :chuckle

Wild Weasel
09-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Huh? You gonna say GM is rice now? :chuckle

MPS
09-19-2007, 11:37 PM
no GM just has no style

Flagrum_3
09-20-2007, 08:46 AM
I want to buy a A-PILLAR gauge pod holder but they are all BLACK and I would like to paint it to match the other one on the passenger side: gray color (like all mazda3 I guess)
Anyone know a paint color that match?? any advice?

thanks!

You could always ask Flippy at MoT, maybe, to get the colour code for you.Or you could just go to CT or PartSource and get one that matches....they used to have a pretty good selection of vinyl/plastic paints at CT and they work well.

_3

nicker
09-20-2007, 08:55 AM
can I ask a (possibly) stupid question. What is the purpose of these gauges? I mean they do look cool I guess but what is on them, doesn't the current instrument pannel offer the same information???

Wild Weasel
09-20-2007, 09:00 AM
can I ask a (possibly) stupid question. What is the purpose of these gauges? I mean they do look cool I guess but what is on them, doesn't the current instrument pannel offer the same information???

The instrument panel doesn't provide all that much. When you start modding things, it's good to keep tabs on things it doesn't tell you in order to ensure you don't break anything.

In my Sunfire, I've got an oil pressure gauge, a boost gauge, and an air/fuel mixture gauge on the pillar. None of that is available stock and all can give me an indication that something is wrong that I'd need to look at.

Now if you've got an otherwise stock car, and put a pillar in with an AFR gauge, a volt meter, and a clock... then I'll throw in my lot with Vlad and call it rice. :)

Flagrum_3
09-20-2007, 09:07 AM

I'm not sure about the MS3 cluster, never really paid attention to whats on it, but for most normal 3's there's just lousy coolant temp/gas guages and the rest is dummy lights.If your the type that wants to know whats going on with your engine at all times there's lots of guages that will help with that, such as; Boost, oil pressure, oil temp, voltmeter, gas pressure etc; and even some electronic do-all guages.They are great to have in the sense that they keep you informed of your engines condition.

_3

wildchild_MS3
09-20-2007, 02:29 PM
hey Mazdaspeed member!
I already have the center dash gauge pod:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/mazdaracing/IMG_0989.jpg

But I want to do several mods on my MS3 and I want to monitor everything from my engine!
I already have BOOST/VAC, OIL PRESS, EGT but I want some other gauges like:
WIDEBAND, OIL TEMP and maybe WATER TEMP or FUEL PRESS.
So I need a A-PILLAR, but I DO NOT want to look RICE! :complain:bang

Thanks everyone for posting, I will take a look at CT today, maybe they can have the color I need, I will let you know...

MPS
09-20-2007, 02:52 PM
http://www.streetunit.com/photos/ASM-INR-300-2.jpg

Wild Weasel
09-20-2007, 03:03 PM
http://www.streetunit.com/photos/ASM-INR-300-2.jpg

That would annoy me, blocking the stock gauges.

07Speedfreak
09-20-2007, 03:09 PM
hey Mazdaspeed member!

But I want to do several mods on my MS3 and I want to monitor everything from my engine!

Thanks everyone for posting, I will take a look at CT today, maybe they can have the color I need, I will let you know...

Where did you tap for your EGT !! Just about to order mygauges right now but not sure about this one.

MPS
09-20-2007, 03:32 PM
EGT before turbo

07Speedfreak
09-20-2007, 03:49 PM
EGT before turbo

STARTING from the exhaust tip, you mean before Turbo so on top of the db right ??:whoa

Pics by chance...I know its an awkward spot propably.

MPS
09-20-2007, 04:07 PM
for best reding before the turbo
i did mine after
cus i was lazy

b3GS
09-24-2007, 09:25 AM
hey Mazdaspeed member!
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b217/mazdaracing/IMG_0989.jpg

nice!! i love that.. where did you pick that gauge pod up?