PDA

View Full Version : Door Rust

mazda lover
09-29-2007, 02:40 PM
I have searched the subject but can't anything, mostly rims and wheel well rust bubbling. I have noticed on my driver side door on the inside on the edge where the metal looks to be folded or joined, a seam, when looking at the door from the outside its the right edge, inside, I have some bad bubbling starting. No break on the paint but it appears to be rust bubbles. I checked the seams on the other doors and all looks new. The car is not driven in the winter, a summer driver. Always garaged, washed every week, polished and waxed twice a year. Not happy but I guess its a match for my rims bubbling at he center hub..Sorry I don't have a digital camera or I would post pictures.
So the bottom line check your doors at the seams, all around, bottom etc for rust bubbles. Going to see what the dealer says.
Good luck
2005, GT,GFX, Auto ......... 37,000KM

WLS ZMZM
09-29-2007, 03:14 PM
just out of curiousity do you undercoat the car??? and where is the car stored during the winter... I mean even if a car is stored all it takes is a little moisture and booya baby.. rust.... as for the bubbling on the rims... don't forget these are aluminum rims... so one good chip... and a little moisture gets at them or a little salt and its bubblin time!!!

mazda lover
09-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Car stored in a unheated garage. Not undercoated. A car stored outside would be more subjected to moisture. Notice in the mornings on some days how nmuch water is on your car, well thats what causes rust on any bare panels, metal. The car in my garage is dry. But yes there is always moisture in the air. On my doors the rust is under the paint, bubbles. I don't expect this to happen so soon, Also the brake calipers look new..no rust...One good chip on all 4 rims wow am I unlucky...by the way how does a paint chip happen on the inside of a door, a stone find its way, no sign of any chip or broken paint...as for undercoating I would never put that black waxy tar crap on my car, yearly application of oil is the way to go, but I don't even think oil undercoating would have helped me here...I don't think

WLS ZMZM
09-30-2007, 10:04 AM
ewww I would never use that tar shit.... as for undercoating I meant the oil sprays... truthfully it might have helped.... as for getting chips on the inside of the door.. its not hard depending on where it is.. you could have smacked the door with a bag or something.... noticed alot of chips on the passenger side rear door on the inside... from my gf throwing her back pack in the car maybe go grab a can of Krown from Canadian tire.... and spray the shit out of it?? just a suggestion...... as for being unlucky.... sounds like it

nicker
10-05-2007, 03:31 PM
that should for sure be covered under warranty!

My car was rust proofed from the dealer, so I am not worried about that.

I will how ever oil my locks and hindges before its stored next month.

Magitronic
10-06-2007, 12:57 AM
I dont think rust is covered under warranty ... if so .. i have a small little rust dot on the roof near the sun roof :o

srbin
10-07-2007, 12:17 PM
My car was rust proofed at MOT and I got 'lifetime' warranty on it.:pop

mazda lover
10-07-2007, 02:57 PM
My car was rust proofed at MOT and I got 'lifetime' warranty on it.:pop

what kind of material did they use to rust proof your car/
Read your warranty, some say the rust must come through the panel from the inside out in order to apply for a claim.

WLS ZMZM
10-09-2007, 08:25 PM
thats ridiculous.... it has to come through the panel... in order to be covered under warranty... in which case its time to bring out a screwdriver and make it come through

cisco23
10-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Dont go to the dealer without knowing exactly what you want in the end. Dealers arent charity organizations and I'd make a case that its due to a factory defect in production, I dont care where you live, 2005 car shouldnt rust.. Hyundai's come with a 5 Year Rust Warrenty from inside out.. Let us know what happens.

srbin
10-12-2007, 10:35 AM
what kind of material did they use to rust proof your car/
Read your warranty, some say the rust must come through the panel from the inside out in order to apply for a claim.

I rust proofed it with that tar crap...

2004Mazda3
12-02-2007, 11:50 PM
I just bought my Mazda 3 2 weeks ago, I noticed that the car had been oiled every year, But I just noticed that I have surface rust on both inside rear wheel wells. So I drove it down to a Mazda dealer and they looked at the car and told me to bring it back in the spring to fix it. Mazda has a 5 year unlimited km. warranty on the body. So I would take it in as soon as possible.

Flagrum_3
12-03-2007, 05:15 PM
I just bought my Mazda 3 2 weeks ago, I noticed that the car had been oiled every year, But I just noticed that I have surface rust on both inside rear wheel wells. So I drove it down to a Mazda dealer and they looked at the car and told me to bring it back in the spring to fix it. Mazda has a 5 year unlimited km. warranty on the body. So I would take it in as soon as possible.

What exactly do you mean by inside rear wheel wells?....just curious and pics would go a long way here guys.

_3

RX9
01-16-2008, 01:31 AM

the rust has to be inside the paint(bubbled), phy damadged paint layer and get rust doesnt count, dude. u better chk with dealer and if they say its coverd, fix that ASAP, dont wait till they change mind.

RX9
01-16-2008, 01:32 AM
What exactly do you mean by inside rear wheel wells?....just curious and pics would go a long way here guys.

_3

i think he means feder lip. the wheel well is pastic.

x_o_k_x
02-25-2008, 05:45 PM
how could these car rust if they havent been on the road much, they are practically brand new??? even 04s should not rust. My 04 gt looks better then a brand new car out there.

Flagrum_3
02-26-2008, 06:00 AM
how could these car rust if they havent been on the road much, they are practically brand new??? even 04s should not rust. My 04 gt looks better then a brand new car out there.

Its easy to understand getting rust anywhere on the car especially wheel wells, thats an area that takes alot of punishment,...like stone chips for instance...Mazda or any other company for that matter will not cover rust caused by chips, scratches or collisions.Its up to the vehicle owner to carefully check their vehicle periodically for such things and touch them up.

_3

lesnar
02-28-2008, 01:46 AM
has anyone ever tried 3M tape on the edge of the wheel weel to protect the metal from getting stone chips?

john_jamieson
05-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Unfortunately, my 2005 3 is getting very rusty. There is considerable rust around the wheel wells, under the rear light in the trunk and quite a bit of paint has come off under the doors on both sides. I live in Atlantic Canada but I would not have expected this amount of rust on a 2005. I even bought rust protection when the car was new. Into the dealer tomorrow for maintenance - I am going to see if they can do anything. Love the car hate the rust.