PDA

View Full Version : Wireing up LED's Inside

nicker
10-11-2007, 02:14 PM
I am looking at wireing up two led light bars in my front footwells. I need a 12v power source but I want it to be constant. I want to wire these lights up to a switch so I can turn these lights on and off when I want even with the car off.

Anyone know of any good and easy wires to tie into?

nicker
10-12-2007, 08:54 AM
NO ONE AT ALL!

And yes I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

andytam
10-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Well I'll help you out...
Front footwells, that you want always on eh.
There might be an easier way to do this, but what I did was I routed a wire from the battery in through the firewall on the passenger side behind the glovebox.

I figured it would be good to have a 12V source for anything I would need it for inside my car. Just get some 10 gauage wire, some ring terminals, a fuse holder and route it through the firewall behind the glovebox. It sounds hard, but it really isn't. There are two main ground points that I know of, one on the drivers side and one on the passengers side, behind the footpanel.

Then you can route it to the drivers side and just dick around with your 12V source anywhere in the car.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

dentinger
10-12-2007, 01:19 PM
i have my underglow wired in this way.
just look up the mazda3 wiring diagram, and look up a 12V constant.
i tihnk mine might be wired into the ignition, but im not 100% sure...

dentinger
10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/2004/Mazda/3-Series

this may help you out a bit.

dentinger
10-12-2007, 01:32 PM
actually, looking at that, i think its just the 12V you tap in to.
to gain access to it, you have to remove the plastic cover under the driver's side dash.
so remove the hood cable from the pull latch, and then the rest should just pull out. i believe its just held in there with plastic tabs or watever

jcr
11-12-2007, 09:20 PM
here is my question, isn't there a 12V line going to your fuse box? Can't you tap it into that?

lamerking
11-13-2007, 12:44 PM
If I installed LEDs inside, I would wire them to the map lights b/c then you can turn them on and off when you want to (if you need to) but I have no idea which wire is the map light.