PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered some mods...

mogul_pro
10-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Hey guys I own a 2006 Mazda3 sport.

SO FAR its stock besides the nice BFG G-Force Sport tires I have on the car..

HOWEVER.... I just ordered an Injen Cold Air Intake, Vibrant strut bar (front upper), and eiback (sp) anti-roll sway bar kit with bushings, and a short shifter kit (also with bushings)...

Hopeing this adds a little more fun to my car... I know the performance in acceleration wont be very noticable with the intake.. but im hoping with my good tires and suspension support that it will at least handle well with little body roll (the thing is like a top rolling all over the place with stock stuff on i find. and i HATE body roll..).... not going to lower it thought with coilovers or springs.... i have alot os snow in my area outside of town and they dont do the roads so well so i would jsut get stuck..

ANYWAYS.. anyone have ANY of these mods? What do you think of them? I guess I'm just looking for some product review if you own and use anything i just ordered so i know what to expect....

THANKS!

yearoftherat
10-18-2007, 09:40 AM
The modding has begin...lol

I've got vibrant strut bar and do not notice any difference in handling...thinking of selling it. In regards to the eibachs, I do notice that the car is def stiffer on bumps and handles better going around corners, curvy roads and such.

mogul_pro
10-18-2007, 09:53 AM
thast what i was looking for.. right on.... i only paid 50$ for the vibrant strut bar on ebay so its not a big loss if it doesnt make to much of a diff...

(i have a PO-box just across the boarder and live in niagara so i ship online products within the us and drive them over the boarder... duty is only 6% so its alot cheaper than paying brokerage fees).

I think thats the only mod'n im gonna do.. dont wait to screw around with anything else...

mogul_pro
10-18-2007, 09:53 AM
its not like there is a wide selection of aftermarket anyways for our cars..

rcd001
10-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Their is a huge array of products available for the Mazda 3. The Mazda 3 is what the civic was in the 90s'. Hot car with a huge market of young people looking to waste money, me being one of them! :)

stevenlung
10-21-2007, 12:07 PM
300% satisfaction for sway bar kit (must be front and rear)

I'm sure you'll attack all the hwy ramps after you put it on :chuckle

mogul_pro
10-22-2007, 11:59 AM
The Mazda3 vs my old car (integra type-r).. the integra had WAYYY more options for aftermarket performance.. all what your used to I guess.

But thanks for the input. Having everything installed the end of this week. Will keep posted.

dentinger
10-22-2007, 12:30 PM
honda's have an absolutely insane amount of aftermarket parts for them.
its outrageous.

our cars are also still somewat new on the market. the aftermarket parts for our cars are starting to increase. im still waiting for some '07 love. lol

Mogul Pro, you do realize that once u start modding, you cant stop. ive spent ~$5000 on my car!! and thats just since i got it a year ago!
and i have the car for at least 3 more years!!

mogul_pro
10-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Yes I do realise that.. lol.. my last car it felt like the only thing I had stock was the engine block itself.. lol.. good times.

but this is not the same type of car so just a few thigns to make driving a little more enjoyable (and for that damn body roll to DIE DIE DIE so that it stops annoying me every time I take a turn at anything more than 5km over the speed limit.. lol).

Interested to see how the injen intake goes primarily...I didnt haev an "intake" on my last car as I went for a turbo hit so I havent seen what an intake on an N/A motor actually does... will find out soon enough though.

mogul_pro
10-24-2007, 11:18 PM
ok so all parts in.. i have homelink morror with rain sencors, eibach sway bar kit, vibrantstrut bar, and injen intake, and short shifter kit by twm...

so far i just installed the strut bar.. and yes it does make a differance by itself.. i did it frist and tested it cuz ppl on here say it doesnt make a differance.. well i can definately tell that it does... and anything that makes ANY kind of performance gain for 60$... is A-O-K with me.... wil lkeep u updated everything nwill be in by the end of the week for sure..

rcd001
10-25-2007, 12:51 AM
I think the tower strut bar just makes the car look more cool. To me it performs the exact same way. Maybe it will help reduce body twist so less creaking as the car get's older.

mogul_pro
10-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Injen intake .. INSTALLED... REALLY loud! .. better throttle responce... slightly noricable power added..

Short shofter kit... REALLY FUN AND INSTALLED!

Eibach sway bar kit... NICE AND STIFF AND INSTALLED!

MY MAZDA IS FUN TO DRIVE NOW!!! :)