PDA

View Full Version : OEM Seat Swap?

mogul_pro
10-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Do all the differant Mazda3 front seats fit all the differant models? If I wanted to get the seats from a differant trim level off another mazda3.. AKA leathers.. will they fit any model?

ALSO... will the RX8 front seats fit the Mazda3???? I REALLY wish they did but I dont know.. if you know the answer and are positive.. please help me out...

If the RX8 ones dont fit are there any other mazda models that have seats which fit the Mazda3? (fronts only)

thanks...

Cardinal Fang
10-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Do all the differant Mazda3 front seats fit all the differant models? If I wanted to get the seats from a differant trim level off another mazda3.. AKA leathers.. will they fit any model?

Yes they do. I've seen guys from the Mazda3Forum switch seats with each other without any problems. I've read where one guy wanted to get the leather seats from an 06 but was having problems because they were heated. I think it had to do with him making them functional (running wires and adding the button to the dash).

ALSO... will the RX8 front seats fit the Mazda3???? I REALLY wish they did but I dont know.. if you know the answer and are positive.. please help me out...

I've heard lots of requests about this on the U.S. board and the best I could remember is that it required some modifications to the rails. But if that was the only problem it would have been done by now. I think there's more to it than that.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=83734.0

mogul_pro
10-31-2007, 12:19 PM
That sucks about the RX8 seats... My buddy just got racing seats for his RX8 and selling his two front ones that are black leather in awsome condition for a good price (to me because im a close friend)... just wish I could get them to fit.. that would be an AWSOME upgrade!

If anyone knows if this can be done PLEASE post up.

Cardinal Fang
10-31-2007, 12:21 PM
I feel your pain. I love the RX8 Seats.

mogul_pro
10-31-2007, 12:26 PM
A buddy of mine owns a custom car shop in the falls... hes at sema until saturday.. I am going to haev him hold these seats for me until I talk to him and see if he can custom fab soemthing even.. I mean hes selling me them, for 200$ you CAN NOT beat that! So if there is any change it will fit i will take them... IF he wasnt my friend i would just buy them and sell them for more... but that wouldnt be very nice since he is giving them to me particularly cheap vs someone else that were to ask for them...

I love those seats though... will keep you posted.. if anyone has any info.. again.. please post it up.

Cardinal Fang
10-31-2007, 12:30 PM
$200.00!!!

I hate you.

mogul_pro
10-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Well... they are useless if i cant fit them in my car!

F*ck it I might just buy them and use them as chairs in my house in the basement when I play racing video games on xbox360 hahahaha...

dentinger
10-31-2007, 12:42 PM
im sure if your just swap the rails, you will be ok

or! do wat the civic guys do.
keep the top part of the rx8 seat rail, and use the bottom half of the mazda3 rail. it could work. altho im not sure if they would still work together or not.
but you could at least remove you one seat, and compare the rails to the rx8 rails.

mogul_pro
10-31-2007, 12:50 PM
yeah but if u start screwing around with the rails like that how safe will it be if you ever had an accident? I wouldnt want a passanger or myself to get hurt cuz a seat breaks away from the rest of the car and someone goes flying lose from the with seat and all...

dentinger
10-31-2007, 12:57 PM
it was just a thought.
like, its worth a try to see if they are compatible.

mogul_pro
10-31-2007, 01:10 PM
Yeah I hear ya man.. wasnt trying to knock down your point. Will have to see what others say and what I can find out this week I guess.

stevenlung
10-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Are those power seats????????

Powered, heated, with airbag, can those be compatible??????

I want to know how can those power seats work with our rails??????

mogul_pro
11-01-2007, 12:04 AM
They are not power seats...
... even if they are heated I don't care really if that feature on them is hooked up.

b
11-01-2007, 12:09 AM
The heated seats are the cat's meow. Hook em up!

mogul_pro
11-01-2007, 08:13 AM
If I knew I could mount the seats to my car I would! lol

b
11-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Anything can be done.