PDA

View Full Version : Hawk HPS pad fitment

garboui
12-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I had just finished installing some HPS pads on the rear of my 3. i had noticed though that the hawk pads sit slightly higher than the stock pads ~<1/8" higher I installed the pad stamped with an "I" and the spring clip on the inside, they both sat high. High enough though to run into the lip that the oe pads have worn into the rotors. Has this been normal across other peoples installations?

ps. i originally attacked setting the pistons back in via needle noze pliers by twisting and pushing. i ended up resorting to the gool ole c-clamp to get the pistons pushed back. if doing it this way you just have to make sure that the screw part of the clamp is pushing on the piston so that the rotation of the screw part of the clamp will allow/cause the piston to turn as you tighten it.

garboui
12-01-2007, 03:39 PM
shiza, just realized i posted this in the wrong forum. mods can you please move this? sorrry.

3GFX
12-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Moved....pictures of situation?

garboui
12-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Moved....pictures of situation?

thanks for the move,

unfortunatly no pics, i was going to but got too lazy to clean my hands and go looking for a digi.

everything sits in properly and went back and went all back in place perfectly. basically the pads are evenly taller on both the inner and outer pad.

edit: the track height on the pads is the same as stocl as they dont ride as far down on the rotors as the stockers did.