PDA

View Full Version : MoT Experience- additional charge for a lowered car??

PHO-EVER
12-21-2007, 10:15 AM
So this morning I had an appointment at 8am to do the regular oil change service. I dropped off my keys and headed out the door and asked them to give me a call when the car is ready. I get a call 45 minutes later from Mohammed saying that the "floorman" cannot put my car on the hoist and that they will have to manually jack up my car because my car is lowered and that there will be an additional $15 charge. To me, this was very unusual because I have taken my car there many times in the past and not once have they charged me this fee, (btw car is lowered with Pro Kit and winter steelies and tires) I expressed my dissatisfaction about the additional charge and his options were to either pick up my keys or pay the fee. So I was like fine whatever buddy since I already waited 45 minutes for them to bring in my car I'll pay for it this time and get this thing over with. Yes 15 dollars isn't much but why all of a sudden the additional charge? Not like my car is slammed or anything.

So just a heads up to other members that have lowered cars, make sure you asked them at the counter if they will charge you extra when you hand them your keys so that you can make a decision on the spot whether or not you will pay for it and not have them waste your time later calling you about it regardless of what you may of heard in the past about this dealership being MOD friendly. A lesson learned.

FLIPDADY
12-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Why didn't you come down and see me Johnny?

Next time you come in I'll take the $15/off your next service.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

PHO-EVER
12-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Why didn't you come down and see me Johnny?

Next time you come in I'll take the $15/off your next service.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Sorry Joe, my gf was waiting in her car so I just dropped off the keys and left then when I came back I wasn't too happy about the overall experience so I just wanted to pay and leave. But anywas, thanks a lot for helping me out ONCE AGAIN. I'll be sure to see you at the next appointment.

P.S I don't know if it's bad luck or something but I find that I always get "issues" whenever Mohammed take care of my car. Should have gone with Vincent ;( Again, thanks Joe for looking into it.

FLIPDADY
12-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Sorry Joe, my gf was waiting in her car so I just dropped off the keys and left then when I came back I wasn't too happy about the overall experience so I just wanted to pay and leave. But anywas, thanks a lot for helping me out ONCE AGAIN. I'll be sure to see you at the next appointment.

P.S I don't know if it's bad luck or something but I find that I always get "issues" whenever Mohammed take care of my car. Should have gone with Vincent ;( Again, thanks Joe for looking into it.
Next bowl of Pho on me bro!

Kevin@nextmod
12-21-2007, 11:41 AM
yea.......i try to stay away from mohammed. Not once i've been there he gives me the right set of keys. Either i get the RX8 key or the Mazda 5 key. And he has no clue to what i talk about when i'm describing the problem. I always stick with vincent or stanley the man.

Jeff-TheBiz
12-21-2007, 11:03 PM
yea.......i try to stay away from mohammed. Not once i've been there he gives me the right set of keys. Either i get the RX8 key or the Mazda 5 key. And he has no clue to what i talk about when i'm describing the problem. I always stick with vincent or stanley the man.

Vincent and Stanley know their sh!t.

Sorry about the over charge.

For the record, if you are a member and feel you have over paid for anything, please bring it up to Joe or I before you pay and leave... difficult to fix a situation after the fact. Wish we could be everywhere. :)

SP33D 3
12-24-2007, 08:56 PM
yea vincent and stanley are really great guys to deal with