PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Junction Box

notoriousb
12-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi there, I have a 2006 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring, and on my PJB I am missing connections for the seat warmer fuse and a stop fuse. I don't understand why, but the fuse AND the connection seat to accept the fuse is missing.

Does this mean I need a new PJB? My heated seats do not work, and my car does not sense that it is braking (even though it is braking).

How much is a new PJB from the dealer, or is there anyone who has one for the 06. Thanks.

MPS
12-29-2007, 11:10 PM
dont you have warranty ?

notoriousb
12-30-2007, 01:05 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooo

MPS
12-30-2007, 01:17 AM
lol its 06 where is ur warranty ?

RedRaptor
12-30-2007, 01:30 AM
He bought a wrecked car from US and fixed it.

If you need a new PJB, thats big money.

MPS
12-30-2007, 01:37 AM
PM me i think i know some that has 1
i will ask them for you

Gizzmo_jr
12-30-2007, 01:48 AM
04-05 PJB is $700+ (if you can get a good source)
Example on M3F (http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=43529.0)

FLIPDADY
12-30-2007, 06:43 PM
You still need to find a PJB for that particular car.

I'll check my collection at work.

notoriousb
12-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm not looking to spend $700 on anything. I'm thinking around $50. I have two PJB's myself, one is for an 05. I believe the 06 is the defective one.

FLIPDADY
01-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Well seeing that there is only 2 main part numbers one with DRL's the other without. I think the only difference is the PJB's I have here have the DRL relay inside.

notoriousb
01-02-2008, 07:43 PM
So would you have one for my car? 2006 Mazda 3 GT / S Grand Touring

notoriousb
01-04-2008, 05:24 PM
FIXED ---- Was the wrong PJB I accidently put the 05 in.

mkoz
03-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi All,
I need a PJB for an '04. The car is doing crazy stuff, lights won't turn off, horn activates randomly. The problem has been traced to the PJB. If anyone has one, drop me a line at: mkoz99@yahoo.ca with what you want for it.

Cheers,

Mike

garboui
03-07-2008, 05:30 PM
if its just the matter of a few connections missing, why shell out the dough just to have it all in the JB. if it were me id just create my own wiring and relay/fuse harness.

FLIPDADY
03-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi All,
I need a PJB for an '04. The car is doing crazy stuff, lights won't turn off, horn activates randomly. The problem has been traced to the PJB. If anyone has one, drop me a line at: mkoz99@yahoo.ca with what you want for it.

Cheers,

Mike
Sent you an emal Mike.:)

bb-bue
03-14-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi,

Two weeks ago, I received a letter from Mazda doing an upgrade discount on a shocker alarm.. I thought it was worth it... Anyway, after the alarm, a week later, it was pouring rain, and my wiper stop working in middle of the drive, and alarm goes off.. not sure what else... So I was told PJB Box was defective, and cost me $1500.00 to repair which I have.. Currently, I want to know if anyone else have this issue, as this is too expensive... I am first owner, and warranty of the car just ran out... It is unfair.. I am putting in a complaint.. Please advise. Thanks

FLIPDADY
03-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Pm sent.

bb-bue
04-09-2008, 11:18 PM
After that replacement of the PJB, something new happened right after I pull out the lot.. My car shut down itself.. I have to put back in P, and turn on the engine again.. It happened 5 times.. First two times, I thought o this never happened, but then the 3rd time, I was like omg... and 4th and 5th time, I almost got into a car accident.. This all happened within 3 blocks from the service place.. What caused the engine shut down?

FLIPDADY
04-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Where did you get the PJB replaced?

shashi.gandhi
01-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Hi

Just a few days ago the wipers on my Mazda 3 became irresponsive. They do not work at all. My car was sitting in the garage for the night and the next morning when I tried turning on the wipers they didn't work.

I actually have another electrical issue with the car and that is the door LOCK button sometimes doesn't respond. When the button doesn't respond at all I hear a click sound coming from the passenger junction box (PJB), so what I do is repeatedly press the LOCK button until it starts locking the doors again.

I went to my garage and they diagnosed the problem. They said the microchip that controls the wiper functions is most likely dying or dead. In order to replace that part I have to replace the entire PJB.

From a Mazda dealer this repair would cost me $$$$$$$$. I'd like to ask if anyone if they have or knows where I can get a used PJB? Part number BN8S66730C. My garage told me it has to be capable performing daytime running lights and auto rain sensor. My car is a Mazda 3 04 GS trim.

Any help would be really appreciated, THANKS!

RedRaptor
01-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Unfortunately there is no happy ending to this story.

Even if you could source a used PJB, you'll need it serviced at the dealership where they would programming your car to mate to the PJB.

When mine crapped out on me, I spent lots of time and money trying to find a used PJB. After going through 2 used PJBs (one wasn't compatable and the other died after 6 months), I bought a new one from Joe/Flipdaddy and had it reprogrammed at Mazda of Toronto.

I spent a little over $1000 for the parts and labour (not including the money spent on the used PJBs) to fix this issue.

This is not a story I enjoy telling.

BillymileZ
08-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Hey Fellas from Calgary, Alberts.

I drive a 2004 mazda 3 2.3l, is this all I need to know to find which PJB I'll need with out reprogramming/flashing?

Do I need more information to know which one to buy?

I have the horn fuse out due to continuous blaring (and I've been to lazy to disconnect the wire), hazards are turning on on their own (two instances, affected by the passenger door), CEL is on and I think maybe one or two other minor things that i cant remember.

I was also thinking about the possibility that it could be the harness. Let me know what you think.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance