PDA

View Full Version : Cobble Cobble WOOT WOOT

Unoriginalusername
01-07-2008, 04:48 PM
AP is coming in 4weeks

Dave@ Cobb
AP 4 ish weeks
FMIC hopefully 6-8 weeks
SS maybe a couple weeks after that, this one os pretty vague, but the latest prototype fit as planned, just improving feel of the mechanism now.
TBE hopefully about 4-6 weeks
Tuner software later this year, probably 4th quarter

This is our current plan. Things could still change. The AP is the most firm though.

REZXPERT
01-07-2008, 04:52 PM
did he guestimate a price on the AP?

MPS
01-07-2008, 04:53 PM
$700

Unoriginalusername
01-07-2008, 05:16 PM
$700

x2

FMIC
We have the FMIC ready to set in motion as soon as soon as we can get a piping supplier ready to go. So it is not a certainty, but something we are still working on. The same is true for the WRX's.

Reprogram vs. Piggy-Back
This debate is something that has been around for a good bit of time in our experience. We used piggy-backs before we had the ability to reflash that ultimately led to the AccessPORT. We feel that getting the ECU to do what we want directly is vastly superior to getting it to do some things by altering the signals to and from it. It would be like you asking someone to do something, they do something different, but tell you that they did what you asked. But then you can see from another guy that things are different. That is a simplification, but you get the idea. Regarding blowing cars up: that is more in the person doing the tuning rather than the tuning device.

Fuel Pump
One thing that people are forgetting.........we have the possibility to move or remove the fuel cut and have the throttle body act how we want it. So far we have not had any fueling issues with our MS3. On the direct injection cars a fuel pump upgrade may alter the tune if fuel pressure is altered. More pressure meas that more fuel is injected each time the injector squirts, so a car with more fuel pressure would run richer and may require different mapping.

Overboosting
SOME cars can still overboost if there is a physical limitation in the boost control system. In the case of some of the later model WRX's they changed the size of a small pill. We had to release a low wastegate duty cycle map that some people had to use if they were still experiencing boost spiking with our mapping.

AccessPORT
We are still on schedule for a first quarter release. I am thinking more the end of the first quarter (March) rather than earlier, but we will see how it pans out. The CANBUS Subaru's are out and the Nissan/Infinity's that we will be doing are basically done, with a little beta testing to be done to the mapping. So that only puts the Rx-8 before the MS3. And we already have a lot of work done on that. We actually did some tuning on the Rx-8 a while back so it is already well beyond the initial stages and has been for some time. It is also looking like it should come in at the same $695 price point. I think rmcat may be speaking Canadian dollars after the conversions?????? Availability depends more on things like suppliers more than a lot o other things. Most of our periods of out of stock are due to a delay on one sub component or another. We do our best to forecast, but we can get a little caught-out at times. It is not possible to reprogram an AccessPORT for another make to an MS3 AccessPORT.

MPS
01-07-2008, 05:18 PM
man im hurting i got cash on hand
i fell like calling COBB now and offer $1000 to be first in line

Unoriginalusername
01-07-2008, 05:20 PM
man im hurting i got cash on hand
i fell like calling COBB now and offer $1000 to be first in line

$700 to be second :chuckle :bana2:bana

MPS
01-07-2008, 05:22 PM
$700 is reg price so good luck

3GFX
01-07-2008, 05:23 PM
What about the MZ3, i want another option for power other than boosting!!!

MPS
01-07-2008, 05:30 PM
only MS3

MPS
its hard to get power from Mazda 3 with out boost

Unoriginalusername
What about the MZ3, i want another option for power other than boosting!!!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q250/XR2003/Funny/V-Tecboy.jpg

MPS
ohhhh NASTY

3GFX
01-07-2008, 05:31 PM
:p . . . its a reasonable want.

CanadaGTO
01-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Hey guys,

I've got calls in to confirm availability on the AP.... Let's remember that it was 4 ISH weeks.... nothing set in stone yet.

If I can confirm availability date then I'll take pre-orders, with a possible discount if I can get 5. There will be a deposit needed though.

More news when I get it..... Let's keep our fingers crossed.

MPS
01-07-2008, 06:35 PM
my SRI ?
and ill take 2 AP plz

Unoriginalusername
01-07-2008, 06:52 PM
ap and sri for me too... discount ftw

MPS
01-07-2008, 06:57 PM
and dont forget about Dashhawk

ap and sri for me too... discount ftw

Unoriginalusername
01-07-2008, 07:06 PM
and dont forget about Dashhawk

yep that too

CanadaGTO
01-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Gb posted:

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=249126#post249126

Unoriginalusername
01-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Gb posted:

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=249126#post249126

Chating in my living room.... "Cobble.... Cobble.... Cobble.... Cobble.... Cobble.... Cobble.... Cobble.... Cobble" :chuckle

RX9
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM
is this port reprogram ECU? can ecu return back to OEM setting when back to dealer for service?

Unoriginalusername
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM
is this port reprogram ECU? can ecu return back to OEM setting when back to dealer for service?

Yes and Yes

I will start by saying that we never have the intention of fooling dealerships or the factory. If you modify your car you should be ready to accept the consequences of your actions. If you are looking for ways to possibly blow up your car and have the factory pay for it, we may not be the right people for you. We are all adults and should be able to soak in our own dishwater.

We have factory scan tools so we know how they operate and what they show.

There is a “Date Last Flashed Counter”. However this date will be saved with your stock mapping so that when you revert to stock it will show the last date it was flashed by the dealer or the factory. It will not show the last time you used the AccessPORT to flash the ECU as it does not have a date stamp to “restamp” the date in the ECU like the factory tools do. The factory tools are what stamp this date in to the ECU, not any computer in the car.

There is no evidence of a “Flash Counter” in the ECU.

This is not to say that you can reflash your ECU with any device including the AccessPORT, revert it to stock and there might not be some way that the factory can tell.

Any OBD II data monitoring devices should still be able to work.

RX9
01-08-2008, 11:13 AM
i think i will pass this one, cause i dont even pick the car up yet, first yr will like to ride it with original, next yr may go for new EVO when they come to toronto.

REZXPERT
01-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Patrique, hit me up for one AP, please. thanks

MPS
01-08-2008, 11:51 AM
post ur name here

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...126#post249126 (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=249126#post249126)

REZXPERT
01-08-2008, 12:14 PM
done

Unoriginalusername
01-08-2008, 01:52 PM
done

good man :bana2

REZXPERT
02-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Chating in my living room.... "Cobble.... Cobble.... Cobble.... Cobble.... Cobble.... Cobble.... Cobble.... Cobble" :chuckle

They're In!!!!!! A WOOT WOOT to our SFIs...... & we know what's just around the corner....:bana2

WOOT WOOT to Pat @ CTA! Post your feedback after installs. Doin mine next week.