PDA

View Full Version : GI: Possibly selling my CPE CBE For Speed3

Unoriginalusername
01-30-2008, 10:36 AM
On the car from late July to November when it was then parked for the winter... gauging interest on a sale. Asking $649 OBO

CBE is a little too sporty sounding for my likeing, but not loud enough for MPS's liking lol. But for me with work and kids on the way i am thinking of toning it down a little with either the oem or ms cbe.

Sound clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb9fwiWacBI

royroy
01-30-2008, 10:47 AM
u dun need to sell the whole exhaust ><
maybe just the down pipe..

MPS
01-30-2008, 10:52 AM
but thats where all the power is :)

07Speedfreak
01-30-2008, 10:53 AM
u dun need to sell the whole exhaust ><
maybe just the down pipe..

The downpipe is where he makes his power. Selling the cbe and going back to stock or quieter cbe is a better choice for him.

07Speedfreak
01-30-2008, 10:53 AM

what was that 8seconds before me :blush

Unoriginalusername
01-30-2008, 10:58 AM
The downpipe is where he makes his power. Selling the cbe and going back to stock or quieter cbe is a better choice for him.

exactly, i am keeping the power (DP) and trying to reduce the noise (CBE)... if you like the sporty look and sound it is a great piece

dentinger
01-30-2008, 11:18 AM
just wondering....

its speed3 specific right.
so it wont fit a non-speed3 or a sedan?

RX9
01-30-2008, 11:20 AM
no, thats why UU post that here.

Unoriginalusername
01-30-2008, 11:23 AM
just wondering....

its speed3 specific right.
so it wont fit a non-speed3 or a sedan?

well the oem speed 3 cbe does fit the the 3 hatch, so it may fit the hatch, not sure if it would bolt up the same or not though

REZXPERT
01-30-2008, 12:24 PM
bump for a good deal & wicked exhaust, performance- and sound-wise. (mine's a keeper, what with COBB CBE or not)

UU, is there any way to throw another resonator on there.. assuming you have the CP-E
quad core already?

RX9
01-30-2008, 12:28 PM
hey james, is that full tbe with dp.... such things? if thats full tbe, its good price. i may interested.

REZXPERT
01-30-2008, 12:41 PM
hey james, is that full tbe with dp.... such things? if thats full tbe, its good price. i may interested.

do it man. next to WRX STI, it is the nicest & most aggressive sounding exhaust out there. in my humble opinion:)

RX9
01-30-2008, 12:53 PM
i know man, i drove behind MPS and thats why i buy speed3, then i found out he installed the CP-E's:complain

Unoriginalusername
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
i know man, i drove behind MPS and thats why i buy speed3, then i found out he installed the CP-E's:complain

It does sound fantastic I agree, but for picking up execs at the airport for work events i found myself uncomfortable with the volume on the hwy a few times, that and i know my wife isn't its biggest fan :chuckle

to clarify, i am selling the entire CBE not the DP, you need to add that bit to have the complete turbo back exhaust (which MPS has as well).

if more then one person wants it no worries, i think vlad still has a new one available too... plenty of cpe love to go around

REZXPERT
01-30-2008, 01:16 PM
TM3 Speed3 owners have been good to CP-E from the sounds of it. we should all receive complimentary EMS' as a token of their appreciation. that way we can pitch their product .... till we receive our COBB AP's:chuckle

Unoriginalusername
01-30-2008, 01:24 PM
TM3 Speed3 owners have been good to CP-E from the sounds of it. we should all receive complimentary EMS' as a token of their appreciation. that way we can pitch their product .... till we receive our COBB AP's:chuckle

Lol from an exhaust standpoint from what is available i think it is the best quality bar none... not sure i'd want their standback lol

REZXPERT
01-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Lol from an exhaust standpoint from what is available i think it is the best quality bar none... not sure i'd want their standback lol

EMS install issues to boot. glad i held out.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123693916

MPS
01-30-2008, 03:04 PM
yaaa im sorry there EMS is just BS
love there CAI and TBE by just say no to STAND BACK !!!

Pilzz
01-30-2008, 04:22 PM
On the car from late July to November when it was then parked for the winter... gauging interest on a sale. Asking $649 OBO

CBE is a little too sporty sounding for my likeing, but not loud enough for MPS's liking lol. But for me with work and kids on the way i am thinking of toning it down a little with either the oem or ms cbe.

Sound clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb9fwiWacBI

if you dont want the soudn you have to go OEM. MS CBE is probably louder than the CPE CBE if you are going to keep the DP on.

SpeedBaby
01-30-2008, 09:24 PM
if you dont want the soudn you have to go OEM. MS CBE is probably louder than the CPE CBE if you are going to keep the DP on.

+1 on that...there hasn't been a day when i drove in the speed and Pilzz hasn't set off my alarm by driving by it with his MS CBE :chuckle

maybe if you're really looking to reduce the noise level adding a resonator would be a good option for you...unless of course that is not covered by the secret 'mod fund' lol

azn_outlaw
01-30-2008, 09:29 PM

Oh really?

damn when I read about these cars, I thought the power was when you install a MBC

in which will increase boost levels but only if done with proper tunning and maybe giving it a bit more timming and fuel to compensate for high boost levels.

besides, it would make more sense to just eliminate the catalytic converter and install a test pipe...

which in theory would be safer to install and cheaper that then putting a downpipe onto a turbo that has infamous weak seals...

the gains you get from a test pipe would be as equal to a downpipe and in a sense it is still legal seeing how the fact that there is still one more catalytic converter on the vehicle.

last thought, why would increase exiting pressure onto a stock turbo....when for the price of the downpipe alone, you can go with a custom turbo setup, with a bigger turbo and front mount intercooler + bigger downpipe and totally say **** to a increased sized downpipe, both options say good bye to warranty but if it was up to me...

If it is remotely possibly, something in the turbo world known as a dumptube is another way of slight power increase but doubt there is any room under the car to do that, yet the coolest part of a dump tube...would be that under certain situations you will be flexin flames coming out of that thing and hella illegal...

Nothing says **** YOU Mazda Warranty and the Mazda engineering department when you role up into the dealership with a brand new turbo setup and having a car pump nearly 150+ HP or more (with proper tunning)

-------

Okay back to the original thread, sorry to crap out on you mon!

I dont know what the exact setup is on your car, but to quiet it down, you could put a larger resonator, or re-install one of the cats to quiet the puppy down...

and still be able to make power...and keep your exhaust nice looking exhaust

I wonder if piping size has anything to do with it, cause any TRUE 3 inch diameter exhaust will wake up the dead and doubt that the Mazda piping diameter is close but not a 3 inch exhaust due to noise levels.

Unoriginalusername
01-30-2008, 10:03 PM
+1 on that...there hasn't been a day when i drove in the speed and Pilzz hasn't set off my alarm by driving by it with his MS CBE :chuckle

maybe if you're really looking to reduce the noise level adding a resonator would be a good option for you...unless of course that is not covered by the secret 'mod fund' lol

the secret fund is taped out after the pro-kits and the camber links lol... it can't be replenished to rapidly for obvious reasons lol :chuckle but perhaps i will go go the reasonator route.

i figured the cpe was worth the same or a little more then the ms cbe is so i could swap for essentially no cost whereas a reasonator is extra cash out of pocket and you have to hack up the cpe.

would you go hi flow or normal, how restrictive is a normal resonator? pat has a few goods ones to pick from