PDA

View Full Version : Erin Mills Mazda: Don't you just hate bad dealerships??

dj-j
02-03-2008, 10:10 PM
hello everyone,

anyone been to erin mills mazda? I'm about to buy a mazda 3 and I have been there and i'm about to make a deal on Monday. However, when I searched for their website on the net, I got to this website called www.ComeVentWithUs.com and there is a story on there about how erin mills mazda tried to rip off a customer. Apparently, they signed a contract with a customer and then after a few days they told that person that the car wasn't available in Ontario and that he/she had to pay another extra $400 just so that they would get him/her that specific car from quebec! what a rip off!!! apparently, that person canceled the contract and found the same car in many other ontario dealships and was able to purchase it at a different dealership with no problems. has anyone else experienced anything like this at erin mills mazda? please let me know. thanks all.

Flagrum_3
02-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Have you tried talking to the Biz, or checked out some of the threads here on our site.There's alot of good info in there that I would suggest reading before you make your move....could save you big $$$ and problems.:)

_3

Jeff-TheBiz
02-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Have you tried talking to the Biz, or checked out some of the threads here on our site.There's alot of good info in there that I would suggest reading before you make your move....could save you big $$$ and problems.:)

_3

Thanx for the kudos.

If you can wait until wednesday, I can take care of you.

It will be worth the wait.

RallyPlaya
02-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah MOT is the Best Ive Been To When It Comes To Service. Definitely Worth the Drive Up dj-J. Im Sure the Biz Will Get U A Sweet Deal on a 3. I Bought My Car from Erin Mills and Regret not Dealing With MOT. Im Even Switching My Servicing to MOT.

p-o-g-i
02-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Thanx for the kudos.

If you can wait until wednesday, I can take care of you.

It will be worth the wait.

Go see this guy. The Biz is a great guy to deal with. He's always upfront and honest :)

Fuman
02-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Go see this guy. The Biz is a great guy to deal with. He's always upfront and honest :)
Deal with Jeff and you won't get ripped off like my parents did.

dj-j
02-04-2008, 07:21 PM
hello everyone,

anyone been to erin mills mazda? I'm about to buy a mazda 3 and I have been there and i'm about to make a deal on Monday. However, when I searched for their website on the net, I got to this website called www.ComeVentWithUs.com and there is a story on there about how erin mills mazda tried to rip off a customer. Apparently, they signed a contract with a customer and then after a few days they told that person that the car wasn't available in Ontario and that he/she had to pay another extra $400 just so that they would get him/her that specific car from quebec! what a rip off!!! apparently, that person canceled the contract and found the same car in many other ontario dealships and was able to purchase it at a different dealership with no problems. has anyone else experienced anything like this at erin mills mazda? please let me know. thanks all.

thanks everyone....I've decided not to rush this...i'm going to take my time and shop around...i'll go to as many dealerships as possible...no need to rush whatsoever....definitely not going to erin mills though....

Hey TheBiz,

A lot people seem to be praising you a lot...so of course I'll give you a try :) ....i'm going to ask a very simple question just to establish for my own your level of honesty...this is the first question I ask as I walk to a dealership....most sales people unfortunately lie not knowing that I already know the answer (you got the advantage of knowing that right now)....here is the question:

I'm planning to buy a brand new 2008 mazda3 sport GT, manual (no additional options). what is the price your dealership pays for this car? Just to make it clear, i'm not interested in the msrp, that's already available on the net, and it's a huge rip off. I'm looking to see what YOU (your dealership) pays for that car. Let's get this out there first and then we can later talk privately using the base price to negotiate.

Thanks for your help,

hope to hear back from you soon on this thread

Jeff-TheBiz
02-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm planning to buy a brand new 2008 mazda3 sport GT, manual (no additional options). what is the price your dealership pays for this car? Just to make it clear, i'm not interested in the msrp, that's already available on the net, and it's a huge rip off. I'm looking to see what YOU (your dealership) pays for that car. Let's get this out there first and then we can later talk privately using the base price to negotiate.

Thanks for your help,

hope to hear back from you soon on this thread

First off, something that you may not know, I am not a salesperson, I am the Business Manager at Mazda of Toronto and I only sell cars to referrals and people who know people that have bought from me in the past. Make sure you ask for me when you come in, otherwise I cannot sell you the car.

I would recommend you shop all you like, go to several dealerships if you feel it necessary, but do not come to my dealership until you have experienced the rest. You will realize that a normally salesperson gets paid a commission on whats left of the profit, I do not get paid that way so my price will always be better.

I would be happy to show you what we pay for the car, you would be surprized with how little the markup is on a 3.

In fact, I show all of my clients what we pay for the car, it makes buying the car so much easier.

Now, that being said, Mazda Canada does read this forum and I am not allowed to post costs or pricing here for that reason.

Please drop by, I can be reached at (416) 642-7777

I am back in the office this wed at 2pm - 9pm.

and fri 9-6, I am in on Saturdays as well, but unable to provide service to my clients due to how busy the dealership is.

I am normally in mon, tues, wed: 2-9

Side note, if you are a dj, we may have more in common than you think... DJ Danny D from 103.5 is driving a Sunset Orange Mazda3 Sport that I sold to him 3 yrs ago.

dj-j
02-05-2008, 12:21 AM
First off, something that you may not know, I am not a salesperson, I am the Business Manager at Mazda of Toronto and I only sell cars to referrals and people who know people that have bought from me in the past. Make sure you ask for me when you come in, otherwise I cannot sell you the car.

I would recommend you shop all you like, go to several dealerships if you feel it necessary, but do not come to my dealership until you have experienced the rest. You will realize that a normally salesperson gets paid a commission on whats left of the profit, I do not get paid that way so my price will always be better.

I would be happy to show you what we pay for the car, you would be surprized with how little the markup is on a 3.

In fact, I show all of my clients what we pay for the car, it makes buying the car so much easier.

Now, that being said, Mazda Canada does read this forum and I am not allowed to post costs or pricing here for that reason.

Please drop by, I can be reached at (416) 642-7777

I am back in the office this wed at 2pm - 9pm.

and fri 9-6, I am in on Saturdays as well, but unable to provide service to my clients due to how busy the dealership is.

I am normally in mon, tues, wed: 2-9

Side note, if you are a dj, we may have more in common than you think... DJ Danny D from 103.5 is driving a Sunset Orange Mazda3 Sport that I sold to him 3 yrs ago.

Thank you for your quick reply TheBiz,

As I mentioned, I am shopping around so of course I'll give you a try as well. But you will by no means be the first dealership nor the last. As mentioned I'm going to as many dealerships as possible to see who will offer me the best deal out there. The fact that you mention is not new, it's a tactic used by almost all dealerships because of course everyone is afraid of competition and everyone wants to be the dealership selling the car. That's why most people say, "ok come to our dealership last, go to the other ones first" unfortunately, the reality is that as a consumer the only advantage I have is shopping around and I do not tell anyone that they are going to be the 'last' dealership i'm going to, unless, i really see what I like.

As mentioned previously, I already know exactly what you have paid for a the vehicle of my choice, and no I'm not suprised about the mark up. It's actually average, the higher the cost of the car, the higher the mark up usually. I have paid for this information, and I am armed with it, and I use it to my advantage to see how honest the specific dealership is. Furthermore, what most people don't realize (and dealerships gladly don't want anyone to know) is that, dealerships don't really make a lot of money from sellling new cars. The money is mainly made from service departments, used cars, and extra options sold for a new car and not the new cars themselves.
I will be coming to your dealership very soon and we can chat. (Btw, of course, I understand that a dealership has to make money and I'm not expecting you not to make any money. We will negotiate using the price you pay for the car and we also consider the amount of money the head office/factory pays your dealership for evey car sold off your car)
Thanks again....

deedotpee
02-05-2008, 01:31 AM
hello everyone,

The same thing happened to me when I bought my 3. They said that they would pay the $300 if they had to ship it from Quebec since 07 GT was hard to find in the colour i wanted. So I agreed, finalized the deal. signed the agreement, and waited. A week later the sales manager called me saying there's is only one in Quebec and they have to ship and charge me the $300. I went to the dealer that day and the salesperson kept insisting that I have to pay the shipping because they're losing money on the deal if they shipped it themselves. I got furious and decided to cancel the agreement and get back my deposit. It took me an hour of repeatedly saying No for them to finally give my money back. The salesman even had the nerve to say it's against the law to cancel the deal even though the agreement had no VIN stated in the agreement plus there was no car. In the end, they lost a sale on a car, lost the sales on mazda parts and service (even if Erin Mills Mazda is closer to my work, I rather drive to Mississauga Mazda).

Jeff-TheBiz
02-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I look forward to meeting with you.

I just sent you a PM in regards to CCC.

I provide the same information that Car Cost Canada does for free, but if you have already been contacted by one of my salespeople from CCC I may not be able to sell you a car anyhow.

-RJ3-
02-05-2008, 02:02 PM
ERIN MILLS MAZDA = ASS

Got my car at ASS and, had a similar issue but did not pay the 400 dollars. Got my car somewhere north because its a "rare" colour...PFFFT!
they credited the mileage by giving me free lock nuts and an engine shampoo.. OOOOH (sarc:)

Also in reading article in the website posted, I never heard of an overflow lot across from leons..

Why would they put it so far when there old overflow lot (Ridgeway and something) was closer.

Something fishy about that dealership.

RX9
02-05-2008, 04:07 PM
ERIN MILLS MAZDA = ASS

Got my car at ASS and, had a similar issue but did not pay the 400 dollars. Got my car somewhere north because its a "rare" colour...PFFFT!
they credited the mileage by giving me free lock nuts and an engine shampoo.. OOOOH (sarc:)

Also in reading article in the website posted, I never heard of an overflow lot across from leons..

Why would they put it so far when there old overflow lot (Ridgeway and something) was closer.

wheel locks should be free anyway, and paint as well.

dj-j
02-05-2008, 05:37 PM
ERIN MILLS MAZDA = ASS

thanks for your comments....ya the whole story about Erin Mills mazda on www.comeventwithus.com seems like they were lying right from the start....i just feel sorry for that person....

MikeyGT
02-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I look forward to meeting with you.

I just sent you a PM in regards to CCC.

I provide the same information that Car Cost Canada does for free, but if you have already been contacted by one of my salespeople from CCC I may not be able to sell you a car anyhow.

This is the first time I ever heard of this. I'm browsing through this site and have a few questions.

Does this site have all the manditory fees? Feels like it's missing some fees like air tax or something.

Also, what is base price? Is that MSRP?

Jeff-TheBiz
02-05-2008, 06:36 PM
This is the first time I ever heard of this. I'm browsing through this site and have a few questions.

No clue, I have never been on the site myself.

But I have had clients in the past waste their money on it.

dj-j
02-05-2008, 11:21 PM

Does this site have all the manditory fees? Feels like it's missing some fees like air tax or something.

Also, what is base price? Is that MSRP?

the msrp is the Manufacture's SuggestedRetail Price, and it is at least a couple of thousands more than what the dealer actually pays for the car. Of course a car that is more expensive has a greater mark up than a cheaper car. But basically the msrp is just a rip off and you should never go by the msrp. What you need is the "dealer invoice price" which is basically what the dealer pays. This is the price you should use to start negotiating with the dearlers. Furthermore, you have to keep in mind that the dealerships still make money on every car sold even if they sell the car at the same exact price they paid for it. How? There is usually other factory incentives and dealerships get some money from the factory/head office for every car that is sold off their lot. Plus, they will try to sell you extra options such as warranties, rust proofing, and other extra options that are highly overpriced and mostly useless.(you can get all of those for a lot cheaper in other shops, don't have to go to the dealer to do so) Additionally, the dealership hopes that you will bring the car back to them for service so they will make a ton of money from any car sold over time. My advice is that you definitely purchase a report from a website like http://crcanadacars.org/default.asp
for your car of interest. This will show the dealer invoice price and also the current factory incentives. The dealership doesn't want you to have this stuff at all, and they will usually tell you not to buy this and that 'it's a waste of time and money' but it 's an excellent investment. I have saved about 3K on my 07 civic and about 4k on a caravan I bought for a family member recently. and the report cost is like 30 bucks for each car or so....it's definitely worth it...it also has very good advice on how to deal with the dealers....hope that help....and good luck....

dj-j
02-05-2008, 11:24 PM
the msrp is the Manufacture's SuggestedRetail Price, and it is at least a couple of thousands more than what the dealer actually pays for the car. Of course a car that is more expensive has a greater mark up than a cheaper car. But basically the msrp is just a rip off and you should never go by the msrp. What you need is the "dealer invoice price" which is basically what the dealer pays. This is the price you should use to start negotiating with the dearlers. Furthermore, you have to keep in mind that the dealerships still make money on every car sold even if they sell the car at the same exact price they paid for it. How? There is usually other factory incentives and dealerships get some money from the factory/head office for every car that is sold off their lot. Plus, they will try to sell you extra options such as warranties, rust proofing, and other extra options that are highly overpriced and mostly useless.(you can get all of those for a lot cheaper in other shops, don't have to go to the dealer to do so) Additionally, the dealership hopes that you will bring the car back to them for service so they will make a ton of money from any car sold over time. My advice is that you definitely purchase a report from a website like http://crcanadacars.org/default.asp
for your car of interest. This will show the dealer invoice price and also the current factory incentives. The dealership doesn't want you to have this stuff at all, and they will usually tell you not to buy this and that 'it's a waste of time and money' but it 's an excellent investment. I have saved about 3K on my 07 civic and about 4k on a caravan I bought for a family member recently. and the report cost is like 30 bucks for each car or so....it's definitely worth it...it also has very good advice on how to deal with the dealers....hope that help....and good luck....

also make sure you go to at least 5 dealerships and shop around and get the best deal...and let them know up front that you are going to shop around....

dj-j
02-05-2008, 11:39 PM
btw everyone....I have the dealer invoice price for the vehicle I am buying and i'll be more than happy to share with anyone....and unlike thebiz, I do not work for mazda canada and I couldn't care less whether they read this forum or not....so please feel free to ask if you are also interested in the same vehicle....

-RJ3-
02-06-2008, 12:05 AM
wheel locks should be free anyway, and paint as well.

I know, the funny part is I came back a week after I got the car, and the car salesman that sold the car does not work there anymore...

dj-j
02-06-2008, 04:42 PM
I know, the funny part is I came back a week after I got the car, and the car salesman that sold the car does not work there anymore...

man that sucks

mEtH
02-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Just a note... The owners of Erin Mills Mazda are also the owners of Ontario Mazda

p-o-g-i
02-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Kuljit (Sales Manager) has been working with me the last 6 weeks in regards to trading in my Mazda3 for an RX-8.
I just found out that he is no longer there either.

dj-j
02-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Just a note... The owners of Erin Mills Mazda are also the owners of Ontario Mazda

thanks for the note...ya...i think i heard that too...

dj-j
02-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Kuljit (Sales Manager) has been working with me the last 6 weeks in regards to trading in my Mazda3 for an RX-8.
I just found out that he is no longer there either.

so he just disappeared on you? or did you know he was leaving?

RX-8...lovely....

p-o-g-i
02-09-2008, 09:36 AM
I stand corrected. Kuljit is leaving on Friday next week.
I had a meeting last night with the sales rep Jason, the new Sales Manager Sean... and to my surprise Kuljit.

Sean wanted to help rectify things and try to get the deal I was looking for. We spent over an hour after the dealership had closed and almost everyone has gone. In the end he tried to eat up as many variables as possible and indicated he came very close to my asking price. He even went as far as to say that he wanted me to write up the paper work with the sales rep.

To bad that Sean forgot to indicate me that he wanted $5000 down.... hahaha. I just looked at him :whoa. I told him that you forgot to mention this whole $5000 down payment aspect, but he replied that Kuljit advised him that was how much I offered to put down. I told Sean right there that I indicated to Kuljit straight up that I was working on $0 down as a worst case scenario and that I never mentioned once about putting that much down. I also told Sean straight out that I did not like working with Kuljit, how I did not wish to speak to him when I was there (yesterday) and that how customers will appreciate that he is leaving :bana2

With all said and done, I left with no deal in hand :(

dj-j
02-09-2008, 07:57 PM
I stand corrected. Kuljit is leaving on Friday next week.
I had a meeting last night with the sales rep Jason, the new Sales Manager Sean... and to my surprise Kuljit.

Sean wanted to help rectify things and try to get the deal I was looking for. We spent over an hour after the dealership had closed and almost everyone has gone. In the end he tried to eat up as many variables as possible and indicated he came very close to my asking price. He even went as far as to say that he wanted me to write up the paper work with the sales rep.

To bad that Sean forgot to indicate me that he wanted $5000 down.... hahaha. I just looked at him :whoa. I told him that you forgot to mention this whole $5000 down payment aspect, but he replied that Kuljit advised him that was how much I offered to put down. I told Sean right there that I indicated to Kuljit straight up that I was working on $0 down as a worst case scenario and that I never mentioned once about putting that much down. I also told Sean straight out that I did not like working with Kuljit, how I did not wish to speak to him when I was there (yesterday) and that how customers will appreciate that he is leaving :bana2

With all said and done, I left with no deal in hand :(

man...oh well...just sho around and go to at least 5 dealerships and just take your time...you'll definitely get a better deal....good luck....and keep us up to date... :)

mazda3zoom
06-11-2008, 07:56 PM
ERIN MILLS MAZDA = ASS

Hi Everyone-- I am an employee of Erin Mills Mazda- I thought I would introduce myself to the group & if any one had any questions or any concerns you can send me a message & I will definitely get back to you- I have been with the dealership for 3 years now & I am here to help & answer questions.
About the above quote- We are no longer using our previous lots because of constant vandalism (i.e. someone treating our cars like trampolines YIKES).
I own a 2006 Mazda3SpGT & a 2002 Protege ES & I was a member on this board (because of my protege) before I worked for Erin Mills under a different name. Oh Yes, Kuljit is now back at our dealership he left to move back home & realized that he really enjoyed being our New Car Sales Manager, SO it's good to have him back. We have a very strong & experienced team & we are always working on improving ourselves (we are constantly working at bettering ourselves by creating new policies & procedures to better service our customers). If you have any comments or questions send me a message & I will get back to you.
Have a good one!:)