PDA

View Full Version : Forge BPV Tuning

justblaze
02-09-2008, 11:37 PM
What is the general consensus on which color spring to use when tuning the Forge Speed3 BPV.

P.S. Thanks cta patrique.

Unoriginalusername
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
+1 for CTA, great vendor. I think yellow is the recommended spring

07Speedfreak
02-11-2008, 04:49 PM
blue spring in mine from the start

alhope34
02-11-2008, 04:57 PM
I use the yellow as well.

Speed 3 Demon
06-15-2010, 04:29 PM
When my Forge BPV came, it had the blue spring already in it. I did notice that the stock bpv is really stiff when you try to compress the spring (much stiffer than just the blue spring in the Forge), so I added one shim. Adding the shim seemed to give better response and sound, though it could just be my imagination.
From other forums I learned that yellow, blue, red is the order from weakest to strongest.
Anybody else notice quicker spool recovery, or any notable "gains"? I like it overall.

Sean80
06-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Blue spring + 2 shims on mine.

Snotrocket
06-16-2010, 01:46 PM
When my Forge BPV came, it had the blue spring already in it. I did notice that the stock bpv is really stiff when you try to compress the spring (much stiffer than just the blue spring in the Forge), so I added one shim. Adding the shim seemed to give better response and sound, though it could just be my imagination.
From other forums I learned that yellow, blue, red is the order from weakest to strongest.
Anybody else notice quicker spool recovery, or any notable "gains"? I like it overall.
When i bought my car a friend of mine was trying to explain to me that using an aftermarket blow off valve is not a good thing on my vehicle. He informed me that the air blown off out of the system has already been measured and accounted for by the MAF sensor and by expelling the access air causes the car to run rich. Is this true and if so are there valves designed to compensate for this?

swales
06-16-2010, 01:49 PM
^The forge isn't a blow off valve, it's a Bypass Valve like how the car comes stock

Snotrocket
06-16-2010, 02:54 PM
so other then sound do aftermarket serve a purpose being like stock?

Turok
06-16-2010, 03:07 PM
so other then sound do aftermarket serve a purpose being like stock?

I've read and heard they don't leak.. people have mentioned that the stock BPV leaks.. if you do a quick search I know there are some threads on it

Sean80
06-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Don't put a BOV on these cars, make sure it's a BPV to recirculate the air. The point of getting an aftermarket one is to hold the boost better and not let it leak away when you start pumping more boost.