PDA

View Full Version : Clock & Audio Display Stopped Working

BenjiM3
02-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi, has anyone had an issue with their clock/audio display not working? Mine just stopped working a couple days ago. Now I have to look at my wrist watch to see the time, I can't tell what radio station is on, or what number disk is playing; the screen just does not come on at all.
I called the dealer; and without even checking it, she said she'll order the display screen and let me know when it's in. Based on her response to just order me a new screen without checking what the issue might be, I figured there might have been some issue with the screen in this model mazda.
Is this right?

Gizzmo_jr
02-15-2008, 11:35 AM
First i'm hearing about something like this. You ever take out the headunit before? Sounds like it just could be a simple loose connection.

Does it power up the background lighting at least?

BenjiM3
02-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Nope, nothing comes ona at all. I just got the car 3 weeks ago and haven't removed or tried to change anything.

Cardinal Fang
02-15-2008, 11:57 AM
That's not normal. The only issue we've had with the display is on the 06 models the clock would fall behind by 20 to 40 minutes every now and then. Mazda fixed it by replacing the displays. This is the first I've heard of the entire display not working.

Let them have a look at it. It is possible you may have had a defective display.

Caz
02-15-2008, 01:44 PM
I had my display go crazy, flashing different letters and numbers, the dealer fixed it over a year ago, no problems since. I am sure it is just a bad display.

Jeff-TheBiz
02-15-2008, 02:03 PM
That sucks...

Try this... (http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=259306#post259306)

Just kidding,take it to the dealer, it should be covered under warranty.

hen
02-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Mine just stopped working the other day on my 2006 Mazda3. Mazda said it costs around $250.00 + tax to have a new one installed. Any one else have to have this replaced?

dj_adamix
02-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Just the screen shouldnt be an issue. i think it the controller thats inside the head unit that burnt. Screens like that dont just burn out randomly, they should still have something displayed on em if it was the screen. im guessing its the head unit.