PDA

View Full Version : COBB SF SRI pics

REZXPERT
02-18-2008, 03:15 PM
freshly picked up, freshly installed today.....:)

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/tragikgogo/IMG_0530.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/tragikgogo/IMG_0528.jpg
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/tragikgogo/IMG_0533.jpg

CanadaGTO
02-18-2008, 03:22 PM
That was quick :)

mleblond
02-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Very nice. I am still debating between the MS CAI and this one....I want to hear this one before I make my decision.

Looking very good, I guess you got this from the GB?

REZXPERT
02-18-2008, 03:23 PM
performance observations: definitely feel improved pull in 3rd gear, 3500rpm.. our sweet spot feels sweeter. negligible loss top end, 5th, 6th.. still feel that pull at highway speeds... maybe 2..3% loss, if that. how about the rest of you COBBers?

(btw, got my car dyno'd... that'll be on another thread... props to Mel @TagRacecraft in Oakville for the pulls & quick SRI install)

REZXPERT
02-18-2008, 03:24 PM
That was quick :)

i don't waste any time:gone thanks again, Pat!

kid_icarus
02-18-2008, 03:30 PM
i don't waste any time:gone thanks again, Pat!

hey rez! thanks for the turbosmart today. i presume you found the shop in oakville? lol

how do you find the SRI vs the CAI you used to have?

any major difference?

Unoriginalusername
02-18-2008, 03:31 PM
performance observations: definitely feel improved pull in 3rd gear, 3500rpm.. our sweet spot feels sweeter. negligible loss top end, 5th, 6th.. still feel that pull at highway speeds... maybe 2..3% loss, if that. how about the rest of you COBBers?

(btw, got my car dyno'd... that'll be on another thread... props to Mel @TagRacecraft in Oakville for the pulls & quick SRI install)

that looks great... i think that is what i was expecting, i felt MS cai gain in top end but lose in bottom end. cobb sri is more of a low end grunt intake then a peak hp at top rpm

REZXPERT
02-18-2008, 03:54 PM
hey rez! thanks for the turbosmart today. i presume you found the shop in oakville? lol

how do you find the SRI vs the CAI you used to have?

any major difference?

yeah, Phil, no probs reachin Tag for my dyno in Oakville. thanks for the directions though, i'm lost anywhere W of pickering...jk

check the Dyno section for my brief write-up on my dyno @Tag Racecraft.
i'll post my results soon. i only have a hard copy print-out for the time being.
definitely goin back after i get the AccessPort installed & tuned.

from what i've noticed so far, i prefer the SRI. and i need another lic plate frame, Pat!:chuckle

Unoriginalusername
02-18-2008, 03:55 PM
yeah, Phil, no probs reachin Tag for my dyno in Oakville. thanks for the directions though, i'm lost anywhere W of pickering...jk

check the Dyno section for my brief write-up on my dyno @Tag Racecraft.
i'll post my results soon. i only have a hard copy print-out for the time being.
definitely goin back after i get the AccessPort installed & tuned.

from what i've noticed so far, i prefer the SRI. and i need another lic plate frame, Pat!:chuckle

cobb? you can have mine if you want it

REZXPERT
02-18-2008, 04:09 PM
cobb? you can have mine if you want it

thanks, man.

i'm almost sad that i'm losing my smoked plate covers and doin it legal now.
prick ass TO cops. Durham < cool:pop

RX9
02-25-2008, 10:20 PM
i have just installed the SU motor mount and SRI at jimmy's shop. very nice guy! the charge is almost like FREE.
SRI sounds amazing, (i was thinking that i got a BOV under the hood.):chuckle and really help the touq under 2000rpm!
SU motor mount is solid, i can feel the viberation from the engin bay inside the cabin, but the shifting is much smoother than before, do i say much? i mean that A LOT "MUCH", especially shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd gear.

yearoftherat
02-26-2008, 07:03 AM
Nice to hear that you guys like the SRI. I had a Simota SRI on my MZ3. I noticed that it pulled more at the lower RPM compared to the MS CAI I currently have now. Definitely louder too. I'm surprised that the COBB doesn't have a heat shield.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/cjlee9/DSC_0032.jpg

REZXPERT
02-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Nice to hear that you guys like the SRI. I had a Simota SRI on my MZ3. I noticed that it pulled more at the lower RPM compared to the MS CAI I currently have now. Definitely louder too. I'm surprised that the COBB doesn't have a heat shield.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k22/cjlee9/DSC_0032.jpg

i believe COBB is releasing an SRI box w/ their next batch or it will be available as an add-on.

REZXPERT
02-26-2008, 09:18 AM
i have just installed the SU motor mount and SRI at jimmy's shop. very nice guy! the charge is almost like FREE.
SRI sounds amazing, (i was thinking that i got a BOV under the hood.):chuckle and really help the touq under 2000rpm!
SU motor mount is solid, i can feel the viberation from the engin bay inside the cabin, but the shifting is much smoother than before, do i say much? i mean that A LOT "MUCH", especially shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd gear.

congrats, Bernie. no doubt, Jimmy is super cool & a pro. SRI & motor mount are nice additions, you will enjoy it. excellent mods, value-wise.

RX9
02-26-2008, 10:38 AM
the CF heatshield looks great, some said COBB will release their CF shield this summer. maybe pat will do another GB for that.:)
yup, strongly recommand the motor mount and SRI mod, they are worth.

CanadaGTO
02-26-2008, 11:18 AM
the CF heatshield looks great, some said COBB will release their CF shield this summer. maybe pat will do another GB for that.:)
yup, strongly recommand the motor mount and SRI mod, they are worth.

I will be doing this for sure :)

REZXPERT
02-26-2008, 11:40 AM
i believe COBB is releasing an SRI box w/ their next batch or it will be available as an add-on.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/tragikgogo/3809.jpg

"The COBB Tuning Heat Shield was designed to capture the cool air supplied to the SF Intake through the factory intake snorkle. Constructed of 16 ga. Aluminum the heat shield consists of a one piece surround, directional lid, and stainless fasteners that help reduce a loss of power that could be robbed from your motor by a heated intake charge."

$125USD. GB Pat??

RX9
02-26-2008, 12:20 PM
what are those ruber tubes for? replacing the stock tubes such as BPVs.... ?

hey pat, did jimmy call you yet? he wanted one SRI as well, i tole him that you may have couple over-ordered. ;) he falled in love with that SRI, hahaha.... thats why he charged me soooo cheap.

REZXPERT
02-26-2008, 12:44 PM
what are those ruber tubes for? replacing the stock tubes such as BPVs.... ?

hey pat, did jimmy call you yet? he wanted one SRI as well, i tole him that you may have couple over-ordered. ;) he falled in love with that SRI, hahaha.... thats why he charged me soooo cheap.

i think we should all chip in & buy Jimmy a Street Performance sign:werd

RX9
02-26-2008, 12:55 PM
i think we should all chip in & buy Jimmy a Street Performance sign:werd

As you said, i just noticed, yea, theres no sign over the top. i definity will chip some in for that. :chuckle who gonna group us up?:pop