PDA

View Full Version : 14k

alhope34
03-02-2008, 06:05 PM
I'd just like to say that I rolled over the 14,000km mark today on my '08 MS3. Looking back on my purchase, I couldn't be happier if I had have chosen anything else in the same price range. I've had no issues at all with this car so far, it hasn't let me down yet.

I have noticed that it goes through tires really fast. :chuckle I think I have about 35-40% tread left on my front winters, and around 97-98% tread on my rears, so I also rotated the tires today. How often do you guys have to change the tires (summer and winter) on your MS3?

Speedy2008
03-02-2008, 07:56 PM
You must drive a lot. I only have 1,200km on my '08 that I picked on new years eve. Obviously, I don't drive much in the winter. Still have the summer tires on right now so I can only drive on good weather days. I have a lot of catching up to do to reach your current mileage.

alhope34
03-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, I drive 30kms a day for work and probably 1-200kms every week end. Also, my fiance lives 1300kms away in north-eastern Quebec. Took two trips there in the speed already, and going again for easter week end. Yea, I do drive a lot, I love driving. I should probably have 30,000kms on the MS3 by the one year owning mark at the end of October.

Unoriginalusername
03-02-2008, 09:34 PM
i have about 13,000 or so on my car (all summers) and they might make it this summer as well if i don't do too many km ... maybe 30,000 total

Garu
03-02-2008, 09:37 PM
You must drive a lot. I only have 1,200km on my '08 that I picked on new years eve. Obviously, I don't drive much in the winter. Still have the summer tires on right now so I can only drive on good weather days. I have a lot of catching up to do to reach your current mileage.

You should be lucky with that low mileage. More money when you're selling the car!

I already 19k on mine, putting about 2000 a month.

alhope34
03-02-2008, 09:46 PM
I guess the stock summers would have much better wear on dry pavement than my Toyo winters, even though the Toyos are meant for the cold. It's just so easy to break the winters loose, even in 2nd...and fun too!

I also noticed something that was really odd to me. Last time driving through Quebec, once I got north of the St. Lawrence, the amb temp went down to -30 to -32 and the winters seemed to grip sooo much better than at normal -5 to -10 Toronto winter temps. Actually had to give it full throttle to break loose the winters in 2nd once it got that cold.

Garu
03-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Our turbo suffers from extremely cold weather as well...

alhope34
03-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I thought colder outside temperatures would yield more power? The colder air you start with, the colder and denser the air would be after compression, and also more effective the intercooler would be. That's what I assumed, anyway.

Unoriginalusername
03-02-2008, 09:57 PM
I thought colder outside temperatures would yield more power? The colder air you start with, the colder and denser the air would be after compression, and also more effective the intercooler would be. That's what I assumed, anyway.

thats been my philosophy as well

Garu
03-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't know... but my car felt so much stronger today than when it was -20 outside.
When it was in extremely cold condition, the car felt quite weird.

ptfire
03-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Some of you guys do a lot of driving. After 4 months I haven't even reached 5,000km.

JashiK
03-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Some of you guys do a lot of driving. After 4 months I haven't even reached 5,000km.

lucky... i got my car mid dec and i've got 8500km's. Wish I didn't have to drive so much.

07Speedfreak
03-03-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm at 7000kms on my 07. Since September. Drive it everyday.

alhope34
03-03-2008, 06:33 PM

Wasn't it your car sitting at the dealer when I bought mine? back near the end of October when I bought mine on the Saturday there was the blue one sitting there and the saleman told me it was being picked up that day.if so, i got my car only 4 days after you and i have maybe 3x the kms haha. Easter week end there will be another 3000kms on it, but that's all highway.

Speedy2008
03-03-2008, 07:16 PM
You should be lucky with that low mileage. More money when you're selling the car!

I already 19k on mine, putting about 2000 a month.

I would like to drive my car way more. When it gets warmer and drier, I'll definitely be using it more - for nightime cruising (midnight runs) and going places. I walk to work every morning b/c it's less than 10 minutes away from where I live. Resale value is very much an afterthought for me b/c I want to keep it for a long time. It's my first car.

Does anyone have kms on their car from cruising or does everyone's odometer reading represent purposeful mileage?

alhope34
03-03-2008, 07:38 PM
A lot of the kms I drive are for going to my fiance's place and work. The 1-200kms I do every week end are for cruising around the city.

My fiance's sister's boyfriend's MS3 has 36,000kms on it now, and he reports no problems at all with it, too. On his second full set of summers, though. His dealership sponsored him to run the 1/4 at the airport for their annual local races. He's really lucky, he got the MS CAI for $200 brand new because of the dealership sponsoring. In return he had to put the dealership logos all over his car for the media to shoot.

zoomzoom33
03-04-2008, 06:19 PM

Cooler air is good, but once you dip too low like the temp. you experence in quebec, it doesn't do your turbo or engine any good. There is less oxygen
in cold climate versus cooler ones. Cold climate = less oxygen = less power.
:chuckle . I find that my MS3 runs best in -5 to 15 degree range.