PDA

View Full Version : Suspend old thread feature?

Unoriginalusername
03-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Seems to be alot of inactive threads coming back to life lately, moreso with new members trying to up their post count to gain access to the classified section or the like.

Is it possible that if a thread has sat for say 6months that a reply goes to a mod before actually being posted to see if the thread deserves to come back to life and gets subject to the normal flame the newbie whoring for not looking at the date of the post?

Xerox
03-09-2008, 11:43 AM
haha. I've noticed that too.
It's sometimes annoying (especially if the new comment has no substance - something like "that's sweet") but it's just the way it is....growing pains.

Noisy Crow
03-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah... I noticed the same thing in some of the dealer reviews.... it's really confusing when the recent post says something like "boy, were you s****d" referring to OP when in reality the dealer has cleaned up his act and has been getting great reviews lately...

Skarbro
03-09-2008, 05:22 PM
This doesn't bother me as long as it isn't a blatant attempt to boost post counts. I've brought up the occasional old thread because it is better than starting a new thread on the same topic.

RallyPlaya
03-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah i understand what u guys are saying but when i was a noob lol i used to like to comment on members rides and some of those threads are old.... i didnt even know about that 50 post rule at the time.....so i feel it is understandable if they comment on those.... but other long lost threads being reintroduced is annoying.... what i find annoying is noobs starting wtb threads like WTB sharkin etc when they can use the search feature and find out for themselves where they can get the product.

Niteshade
03-09-2008, 05:33 PM
This doesn't bother me as long as it isn't a blatant attempt to boost post counts. I've brought up the occasional old thread because it is better than starting a new thread on the same topic.

+1

If people are using search properly, then re-starting an old thread is better than duplicating it

FLIPDADY
03-09-2008, 07:42 PM
It's okay to comment on old threads b/c it may answer noob questions and avoids having to start a new one with the same topic. If I see someone post nonsense just to up their count then I'll delete it.

3GFX
03-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Some older threads have useful info, so other than the skyline thread (yea we all know which one) I'm okay with leaving old ones open. I rather have someone bring up an old winter tire tread from '04 with good info rather than starting 5 new ones.