PDA

View Full Version : blotch of wiper from wiper

lancesir
03-09-2008, 04:01 PM
anyone else noticed that the front wipers leave a blotch of water right in your line of sight (driver's side) on the windshield?

It seems like on the up sweep, wipers work great on both sides, but on the down sweep, driver's wiper streaks due to this spot of water on the windshield.

I'm wondering if it's only me or it's a common thing, and whether people have found ways to solve it.

thanks!

3GFX
03-09-2008, 07:50 PM
Ahahaha...sorry but all cars do that.

Its because part of the blade is frozen so it doesn't make contact to wipe the glass.

Try cleaning up the blade and making sure its not frozen.

kaval
03-09-2008, 09:46 PM
As 3GFX said, every car does that. A good option to reduce the amount of water that the wipers are sweeping up (which influences how much water is being brought down) would be to apply something like RainX to your windshield, and/or 303 Wiper Treatment. The water will get pushed up the windshield and onto the roof while you are driving.

kaval
03-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Check out this link. It has a video that shows what RainX does (and Aquapel)
http://www.jwardell.com/mini/media/06/aquapel.mp4

lancesir
03-09-2008, 10:00 PM
ok thanks guys....it's just I've never really had this problem with any previous cars...some wipers streak but I've never had it where it just left this spot of water in front of my eyes :rant

I guess it's something I have to live with :p

b
03-09-2008, 10:16 PM
^ What they all said above... but I get it on my passenger side even with the reflex wipers from CT!

EvilEric
03-10-2008, 09:17 AM
I've actually had some problems with RainX. It coats the glass and the parts that the wipers go over wear down sooner then other places.

It also gets damaged sometimes by ice-coated wipers. This makes the glass streak more then normal because there are now "grooves" in the RainX layer.

Since RainX is supposed to be applied almost bi-monthly or sooner and that's not something we can do during winter (due to the temperature). I'd say you can safely put it on your rear windshield and sides. But keep your front windshield chemical free and instead get better wipers.

3GFX
03-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Well to aid, use rain-x windshield washer fluid. I haven't reapplied in months and I've had no issues at all.

Kevin@nextmod
03-10-2008, 10:24 AM
^^ ditto!

lancesir
03-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Good advice guys, looks like I should try some of that rain-x washer fluid I see at CT.

Btw, how do you guys position your washer nozzles? I find that when I'm idling the nozzles shoot rather low, just about half way up the front windshield. Would higher be better? Or keep it low so it compensates when you are on highways?