PDA

View Full Version : HKS catback for sedan!!!!

Boris
03-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi everyone, i just recently sent a inquiry about HKS muffler to this stores that i dealt with before. They told me that their supplier can find me a 70mm HKS Stainless Steel catback exhaust which fits a sedan!!!!! (no extension necessary). But it is kinda pricey tho, it costs 695 tax included. I just want to know people opinion on it, is it worth it or not or should i purchase other brand instead?.thanks

p-o-g-i
03-11-2008, 11:18 PM
HKS makes an awesome exhaust. $695 is a little up there, but it's all relevant. If I had the ducats to spend on a single mod, I probably would. But I'm in a position where I gotta spread the wealth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u7VTanynuk

CanadaGTO
03-11-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm only showing a Mazda3 Hatch HKS Exhaust on their website, part # 32003-BZ001. Confirm the part number he's quoting you on or I'd be skeptical about it.

If you can, I think I'd be able to beat that price.

Boris
03-11-2008, 11:37 PM
I"ll let u know as soon as possible. BTW, do u sell HKS Stainless Steel 70mm muffler alone??? If u do, can u pm me a price? thanks

CanadaGTO
03-11-2008, 11:42 PM
We do not carry the HKS Mufflers, but can get Magnaflow and Vibrant.

BTW, HKS Mufflers only come in either 60mm or 75mm

Boris
03-11-2008, 11:46 PM
i don't mind getting 75mm. 75mm actually is better for my application.

Boris
03-13-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm only showing a Mazda3 Hatch HKS Exhaust on their website, part # 32003-BZ001. Confirm the part number he's quoting you on or I'd be skeptical about it.

If you can, I think I'd be able to beat that price.

hey CTA Patrique, i just got a reply from the guy who told me he has the HKS for sedan. The part # he gave me is same as the one u posted. He said the part # shows it is for both 4dr or 5dr.......:loco

p-o-g-i
03-27-2008, 10:35 AM
In all honesty, the only real difference would be in length. I installed a Vibrant cat- back for hatch on my sedan. The length of the tip was off a couple of inches; not much to worry about. I didn't bother extending the tip... so it was a direct fit. Just bolted on with no mods needed.

shadyshoal
08-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Hi everyone, i just recently sent a inquiry about HKS muffler to this stores that i dealt with before. They told me that their supplier can find me a 70mm HKS Stainless Steel catback exhaust which fits a sedan!!!!! (no extension necessary). But it is kinda pricey tho, it costs 695 tax included. I just want to know people opinion on it, is it worth it or not or should i purchase other brand instead?.thanks

I am looking for the same thing. I have a 2008 2.3 gt sedan and love the sound of the hks. please let me know where to get one and the cost. thanks

stevenma188
08-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Holy 4 year old thread.... lol

JSharrmz
09-23-2012, 05:24 PM

I'm trying to find an hks now too lmao can't stand my magnaflow exhaust anymore.... Soooooo... Hint hint (can't post classifieds yet haha)

07carbon3
09-26-2012, 04:42 PM
its says that its for "off-road only" so i'm assuming to thers not catalytic converter in it? or if there is what makes them say off road only, would it fail emissions?

Adamo23
10-05-2012, 02:37 PM
its says that its for "off-road only" so i'm assuming to thers not catalytic converter in it? or if there is what makes them say off road only, would it fail emissions?
I have a hks. There's no cat on the exhaust and paired with vibrant headers I'm running catless and she shoots small flames :)

07carbon3
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
sorry for reviving an old thread but i ahve an appointment with jimmy to have my hks installed soon and he was abit concerned whether or not if we extend the exhaust that it would hit the bumper, can anyone chime into whether or not extending it an 1" or so would cause it to touch the bumper.

brucewayne
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
sorry for reviving an old thread but i ahve an appointment with jimmy to have my hks installed soon and he was abit concerned whether or not if we extend the exhaust that it would hit the bumper, can anyone chime into whether or not extending it an 1" or so would cause it to touch the bumper.

it should be extended if its going on a sedan, its made for hatchback. make sure to make the extension good, mine is rusting to crap and ill have to fix it soon or just sell it all.

S.F.W.
01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
I had one on my old sedan, but never extended it, really liked the stealth look.

loki
01-22-2013, 02:12 PM

old threads are meant to be revived if there is reason to revive.

shows that the person did a search (even though they probably didn't look closely at the date). good job!

07carbon3
01-22-2013, 03:12 PM
it should be extended if its going on a sedan, its made for hatchback. make sure to make the extension good, mine is rusting to crap and ill have to fix it soon or just sell it all.

i've been told jimmy is good welder so i trust he will do a good job with it

brucewayne
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
i've been told jimmy is good welder so i trust he will do a good job with it

i meant the actual extension piece. my extension piece is rusted to crap while the exhaust is fine though. i don't know what material or metal is best but if your going to keep it for long, get good material. im gonna have to get my extension redone in a few months or i just might go back to stock. so im gonna have to take it off the car, cut the extension, weld a new one and then put it back. ugh.

FoXy
01-22-2013, 04:28 PM
i have an hks on mine and dont have an extender... it melted my bumper a bit... lol but it's fine now. You dont NEED it... and it looks better anyway.

Simon99
01-22-2013, 07:14 PM
i have an hks on mine and dont have an extender... it melted my bumper a bit... lol but it's fine now. You dont NEED it... and it looks better anyway.

Can you comment on the level of noise from that exhaust ? It's currently the first on my list, but since police officer in Quebec are pretty strict on noise (not based on appearance) I'm scared of being pulled over for noise ...