PDA

View Full Version : Corksport DP - Vibrant MP/CBE

alhope34
03-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Does anyone here know if the Corksport DP...

http://corksport.com/store/category/buir/MS3_Engine.html

And the Vibrant MP/CBE will fit together properly?

http://www.streetunit.com/Vibrant_MS3_Exhaust_p/1623.htm

CanadaGTO
03-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Everything I've heard is yes:)

RX9
03-12-2008, 10:19 PM
wooo. good idea alhope, that downpipe is very nice piece.

Unoriginalusername
03-12-2008, 10:20 PM
pat has the vibrant, thats half the battle :)

kid_icarus
03-12-2008, 10:21 PM
wooo. good idea alhope, that downpipe is very nice piece.

yeah it looks pretty good and sounds pretty natural. all for a pretty good price. hope you grab it.

Unoriginalusername
03-12-2008, 10:24 PM
yeah it looks pretty good and sounds pretty natural. all for a pretty good price. hope you grab it.

i am suprised more people haven't jumped on this... it is a great price with a high flow cat which means you can go for a corksport or turbo xs dp and have a 3" TBE with high flow cat for at least 500 less then the CPE TBE.

Pat and Ovilems3 have the vibrant on their cars and have posted good reviews..... had i waited i would have gone with the corksport dp and the vibrant cbe vs. the cpe and put that $500 towards the AP gb :)

REZXPERT
03-12-2008, 10:28 PM
i am suprised more people haven't jumped on this... it is a great price with a high flow cat which means you can go for a corksport or turbo xs dp and have a 3" TBE with high flow cat for at least 500 less then the CPE TBE.

Pat and Ovilems3 have the vibrant on their cars and have posted good reviews..... had i waited i would have gone with the corksport dp and the vibrant cbe vs. the cpe and put that $500 towards the AP gb :)

that's enough CP-E slaggin from you, mister!:rant

alhope34
03-12-2008, 10:28 PM
DP ordered. Now I just have to wait till I have money lying around to get the Vibrant off Pat. Sometime in April I should have it all together. :)

CanadaGTO
03-12-2008, 10:30 PM
I'll set ya up there ;)

alhope34
03-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Oh, and it was James' idea, I can't take credit for that.

REZXPERT
03-12-2008, 10:31 PM
DP ordered. Now I just have to wait till I have money lying around to get the Vibrant off Pat. Sometime in April I should have it all together. :)

excellent, congrats man! next to CP-E, i love the initials 'DP'..:blush:chuckle

Unoriginalusername
03-12-2008, 10:32 PM
that's enough CP-E slaggin from you, mister!:rant

Hey I do like my CPE alot, and a year ago it was the only game in town and I still recommend it, BUT ... It is very expensive compared to TBE's for other cars (i.e. SRT4 neon and caliber for example) and getting a 3" SS TBE with a highflow cat for $500 less isn't a bad idea.

I'd rather have a TBE and a cobb AP then just a cpe TBE...

REZXPERT
03-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Hey I do like my CPE alot, and a year ago it was the only game in town and I still recommend it, BUT ... It is very expensive compared to TBE's for other cars (i.e. SRT4 neon and caliber for example) and getting a 3" SS TBE with a highflow cat for $500 less isn't a bad idea.

I'd rather have a TBE and a cobb AP then just a cpe TBE...

true true. but i'd pay the extra $500 - TBE performance on par of course - to mimic the STI sound. not to resurrect an old thread but the CP-E on our car sounds most similar to the STI's.... god, i love:hawt that car's exhaust.

nevertheless, you can't go wrong w/ a TBE no matter the brand, esp that HP provoking DP mod. niiiiiiiiice.

Unoriginalusername
03-12-2008, 10:42 PM
true true. but i'd pay the extra $500 - TBE performance on par of course - to mimic the STI sound. not to resurrect an old thread but the CP-E on our car sounds most similar to the STI's.... god, i love:hawt that car's exhaust.

nevertheless, you can't go wrong w/ a TBE no matter the brand, esp that HP provoking DP mod. niiiiiiiiice.

Corksport and vibrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1hGoGNh3MM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggaA-PYS82o&feature=related (just the cbe, no dp)
Sounds pretty similar if you ask me :chuckle

REZXPERT
03-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Corksport and vibrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1hGoGNh3MM&feature=related

Sounds pretty similar if you ask me :chuckle

whatever. listen to this beast...........what a stud:chuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9f-s7B4pAI

Unoriginalusername
03-12-2008, 10:47 PM
whatever. listen to this beast...........what a stud:chuckle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9f-s7B4pAI

lol well in a garage it is going to sound different.... nice boots btw :chuckle

this is a similar angle as the other vids (horrible distortion)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cwIuIhGJ4I&feature=related

I agree i like the cpe unit don't get me wrong i just think you can get ver very close to the same sound and performance for about $500 less which makes a lot of sense

REZXPERT
03-12-2008, 10:50 PM
lol well in a garage it is going to sound different.... nice boots btw :chuckle

Napolean Dynamite has nothin on REZX.

kid_icarus
03-12-2008, 10:59 PM
why not buy vlads cpe cbe??

CanadaGTO
03-12-2008, 11:09 PM

That won't work with the Corksport DP

Unoriginalusername
03-12-2008, 11:17 PM

CPE DP
- Down pipe + mid pipe/race pipe with a high flow cat
- Bolts up to traditional CBE's (i.e. MS, OEM, etc)

Corksport & Turbo XS
- Sell DP and MP separately.
- DP replaces one cat. MP/RP replaces the second to reach the oem cbe

Vibrant CBE
- Unique in that it includes a high flow cat and MP/RP section, so it is a CBE with actual performance gains but it can only hook up to a DP section. It sounds great and is a great value for the money.

kid_icarus
03-12-2008, 11:19 PM
CPE DP

Corksport & Turbo XS

Vibrant CBE
- Unique in that it includes a high flow cat and MP/RP section, so it is a CBE with actual performance gains but it can only hook up to a DP section. It sounds great and is a great value for the money.

lol that's why i ask questions and typically provide very little answers haha
good explanation james =)

RX9
03-13-2008, 12:13 AM
CPE DP

Corksport & Turbo XS

Vibrant CBE

is that mean i will get full TBE with DP with V+C combo, thats from turbo to tip(50HP gain?)? i am confusing now, if that so, its cheaper this way.:loco

Unoriginalusername
03-13-2008, 08:08 AM
is that mean i will get full TBE with DP with V+C combo, thats from turbo to tip(50HP gain?)? i am confusing now, if that so, its cheaper this way.:loco

yes the corksport DP (don't believe CTA carries these yet) and the Vibrant CBE (talk to pat for this) will give you a full TBE that should be within the exact same gains range at the wheels. I think it is more like 30hp, and 50tq. based on my dyno

duh lol about the less expensive, that is what we are saying. great way to save $500 available for those who waited

RX9
03-13-2008, 10:57 AM
yes the corksport DP (don't believe CTA carries these yet) and the Vibrant CBE (talk to pat for this) will give you a full TBE that should be within the exact same gains range at the wheels. I think it is more like 30hp, and 50tq. based on my dyno

duh lol about the less expensive, that is what we are saying. great way to save $500 available for those who waited

i get one more mod to spend money now, wheels,TBE,AP.....whats next? i should cancel the internet service by stop paying them.:chuckle

kid_icarus
03-13-2008, 11:22 AM
i get one more mod to spend money now, wheels,TBE,AP.....whats next? i should cancel the internet service by stop paying them.:chuckle

lol rez and pat will tell you AP =)

but i think u should hold off from getting one of those since i can't get one either

so u should buy wheels
=P

well you were planning on getting wheels anyways

alhope34
03-13-2008, 07:10 PM
A month and a half is too long to wait... I better start offering to work Saturdays again lol.

RX9
03-13-2008, 07:31 PM
lol rez and pat will tell you AP =)

but i think u should hold off from getting one of those since i can't get one either

so u should buy wheels
=P

well you were planning on getting wheels anyways

lol....thats right, one thing a time. :chuckle

alhope34
03-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Well, I'm counting down the days... I think I'll really enjoy having this setup rather than the CPE (not including the saved money) just because not many people, at least in Toronto, are running the same setup. Sorta makes it almost vaguely unique sounding, I guess. If that makes any sense.

brecker
04-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Does anyone stock/sell the Corksport DP in Canada?

CanadaGTO
04-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Have you donsidered the TurboXS? It's a nice piece, and I have one in my trunk if you want to see it.

The Corksport looks to be good, but I'm always a little wary of the welds on those types of pieces and the turboXS main part is cast.

alhope34
04-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Have you donsidered the TurboXS? It's a nice piece, and I have one in my trunk if you want to see it.

The Corksport looks to be good, but I'm always a little wary of the welds on those types of pieces and the turboXS main part is cast.

I've seen the one Vince had in his trunk. How much do you sell them for? Can they bolt up to the stock exhaust? Approx. how much hp/tq would this add without changing the whole exhaust? Shoot me a PM.

RX9
04-03-2008, 01:16 AM
please shoot me a pm too, i am looking into them as well.

CanadaGTO
04-03-2008, 05:32 AM
Pricing on the TurboXS DP is $325 + taxes. Gains seem to be in the 20-25WHP with the stock exhuast. They also offer a mid pipe, but it's not needed if you get the Vibrant Exhaust.

Yes, it will bolt up to the stock midpipe, and comes with all adaptors to do it :)

WhiteSpeed3
04-03-2008, 06:52 AM
+1000 for turbo xs

i might have a spare FMIC next week if anyones interested :)

Unoriginalusername
04-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Pricing on the TurboXS DP is $325 + taxes. Gains seem to be in the 20-25WHP with the stock exhuast. They also offer a mid pipe, but it's not needed if you get the Vibrant Exhaust.

Yes, it will bolt up to the stock midpipe, and comes with all adaptors to do it :)

man it pays to wait a year lol, +1 for the txs and vibrant combo

brecker
04-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Wasn't there some fitment issues or CEL's caused by the TXS DP? Or has this been resolved - I may be incorrect thought??

CanadaGTO
04-03-2008, 11:11 AM
DP's without CAT's can sometime throw codes, but they've tried to minimize that with bung placement on the DP. The AP should be able to take care of this as well since their DP will eventually be CATless as well.

alhope34
04-15-2008, 10:32 PM
well, I'm getting the TurboXS DP tomorrow. Hopefully I can call early enough to get a hold of Jimmy tomorrow and HOPEFULLY get an appointment for early Saturday to get it installed. Does anyone have any experience with this down pipe causing CELs? I really don't want any...

kid_icarus
04-15-2008, 10:37 PM
well, I'm getting the TurboXS DP tomorrow. Hopefully I can call early enough to get a hold of Jimmy tomorrow and HOPEFULLY get an appointment for early Saturday to get it installed. Does anyone have any experience with this down pipe causing CELs? I really don't want any...

i'm going in at 9am
don't double book me please
lol

alhope34
04-15-2008, 10:46 PM
i'm going in at 9am
don't double book me please
lol

Know how late are they open to on week days? Know when he stops answering the phone?

kid_icarus
04-15-2008, 10:54 PM
Know how late are they open to on week days? Know when he stops answering the phone?

lol no clue. by some of the stories here, the guy will work as long as you stay in his shop and don't let him go home.

i know on weekends he wants his last appointments to be at about 1pm

alhope34
04-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Alright, thanks. I'm just worried I won't get a hold of him. I have no access to a phone all day at work, and can only call around 6-6:30pm.

brecker
04-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Does anyone stock/sell the Corksport DP in Canada?

Does anyone sell this in Canada yet? :chuckle

Fobio
04-16-2008, 10:06 AM
DP's without CAT's can sometime throw codes, but they've tried to minimize that with bung placement on the DP. The AP should be able to take care of this as well since their DP will eventually be CATless as well.

I'm very interested in the results, as this seems like a good solution, considering the pace of Cobb releases...good luck with the upgrade Allan!