PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with kitchen Fire

RX9
03-14-2008, 09:28 AM
my insurance company sent this to me today, take a look on the video, that will help.

Dear ALL, This is a dramatic video (30-second, very short about how to deal with acommon kitchen fire ... oil in a frying pan. Read the followingintroduction, then watch the show ... It's a real eye-opener!! At the Fire Fighting Training school they would demonstrate this with adeep fat fryer set on the fire field. An instructor would don a firesuit and using an 8 oz cup at the end of a 10 foot pole toss water ontothe grease fire. The results got the attention of the students. The water, being heavier than oil, sinks to the bottom where itinstantly becomes superheated. The explosive force of the steam blowsthe burning oil up and out. On the open field, it became a thirty foothigh fireball that resembled a nuclear blast. Inside the confines of a kitchen, the fire ball hits the ceiling andfills the entire room. Also, do not throw sugar or flour on a grease fire.One cup creates the explosive force of two sticks of dynamite. This is a powerful message----watch the video and don't forget what yousee.Tell your whole family & clients about this video. Or better yet, sendthis to them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpqEXyc9Mig)

Cardinal Fang
03-14-2008, 09:48 AM
I got nothing.

vanpatrick81
03-14-2008, 09:56 AM
You sent us a link to your Hotmail account's attachment which we will never have access to anyway at all unless you give us your account info. :chuckle

RX9
03-14-2008, 10:25 AM
opps...let me fix it.

edit: its done.

Cardinal Fang
03-14-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks RX9. I think the most important lesson you can take from that video is that you approach the hazard in slow motion like the fire fighter did.

Unoriginalusername
03-14-2008, 12:54 PM
how did michael jackson get in that video? i wasn't expecting that. But seriously, i feel horrible for that person

RX9
03-14-2008, 01:31 PM
yup, i felt sorry for that lady(maybe) after seen that fire ball at the end of video. and that slow motion definitely helps.

BLKOUT
03-31-2008, 09:55 PM
how did michael jackson get in that video? i wasn't expecting that. But seriously, i feel horrible for that person

i could not stop laughing when i read the Michael Jackson bit....i know im worng.

WildEmu
03-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks RX9. I think the most important lesson you can take from that video is that you approach the hazard in slow motion like the fire fighter did.

lol....the slow motion is key!

Soyabean
03-31-2008, 11:26 PM
SHES SCARY LOOKING :S Im scared. Someone hold me

tweak_s
04-01-2008, 01:08 AM
SHES SCARY LOOKING :S Im scared. Someone hold me

Ben, you always want people to hold you.... :loco :chuckle

RX9
04-03-2008, 04:17 PM
show it to ur gf this vid, ben. then you will get bite again.:chuckle

M3!
04-04-2008, 02:20 AM
wish I saw this video years ago. When I was like 13 or something I was frying up some french fries and playing video games, forgot about the fries. When I ran back to the kitchen the oil had caught fire. I grabbed the extinguisher and put it out, then grabbed the pot and headed to the backyard, as I was walking the fire reignited and I panicked and started running, the oil spilled and landed on the inside of my forearm, arm started bubbling up. Needless to say, hurt like hell. Lesson learned: always keep an eye on what you are cooking.