PDA

View Full Version : "Turbo Sweat"

REZXPERT
03-17-2008, 01:40 PM
anyone else here have moisture build up from the turbo (visible from bottom of car)? is this normal? it's minor sweat, but i'm taking it into Mazda to give my warranty some purpose.

Garu
03-17-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't have that many chances to look up my car from below. So... I couldn't tell ya.

alhope34
03-17-2008, 09:16 PM
I have seen sweat on and around my BPV after a lot of boosting and letting off the throttle. Any rapid release of highly pressurized air will cause cooling to the material containing the pressure. This is also why your propane tank ices on the bottom if you leave your BBQ on for a long time. Which means that when the metal of my BPV cools the air around it, it draws in moisture. Cool air can't hold as much water as warm air.

Unoriginalusername
03-18-2008, 05:13 PM
i think its called condensation and it happens when hot (turbo) meets cool or damp air :) :) :)

REZXPERT
03-18-2008, 05:46 PM
i think its called condensation and it happens when hot (turbo) meets cool or damp air :) :) :)

hey man, welcome back:) so i have nothing to worry about then??

Unoriginalusername
03-18-2008, 05:49 PM
hey man, welcome back:) so i have nothing to worry about then??

Thanks, had a good time skiing in lake placid... Never hurts to ask the dealer but i think you're fine. if it was coloured or oily that is a different story, but a little moisture/condensation i wouldn't get too excited about.

theurgy
03-18-2008, 05:57 PM
It's like sweat on your balls....
Balls/Turbo....same thing.

REZXPERT
03-18-2008, 06:31 PM
It's like sweat on your balls....
Balls/Turbo....same thing.

thanks man, that reminds me, 'gotta shower.