PDA

View Full Version : iPhone and aux-in iPod connection in 07 M3

electric
03-24-2008, 12:02 AM
I have a 2007 Mazda 3 that came with the built in aux-in in the armrest. I just got an iphone and am having trouble getting it to play on my car speakers. My old phone was able to plug right in and the aux-in cable and it acted as a handsfree device. Am I doing something wrong or does anyone else have this problem with the iPhone not working on the car's speakers. Help please!

Mike
03-24-2008, 09:13 AM
May not compare perfectly, but the itouch works fine. I really doubt that the device you use makes a difference. The problem must come from something else. Try a different mp3 player to make sure your aux connection/wire works good, then try a set of earphone to make sure your 'sound out' works from your iphone. If you've done all that and it still doesn't work, then there's probably a problem
with the compatibility. Let us know what you find out.

electric
03-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Try a different mp3 player to make sure your aux connection/wire works good, then try a set of earphone to make sure your 'sound out' works from your iphone. If you've done all that and it still doesn't work, then there's probably a problem
with the compatibility. Let us know what you find out.

I did try both those things already. My regular ipod works fine when connected to the aux cable. I tried two different cables for the iphone and still nothing... When I plug in regular headphones I have no problem hearing the music out of them.
I also called Mazda this morning and they said that they don't know why that is happening but recomend calling apple. I will let you now what they say when I get ahold of them.

Gizzmo_jr
03-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Odd, my male-male headphone wire works fine with my iphone (07 hatch).
Did you cut down the surrounding plastic on the jack to make it fit all the way down? I'd take a wild guess is that either the Left or Right channel is now acting like the microphone hence why the iphone thinks you plugged in a hands free kit.

electric
03-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Did you cut down the surrounding plastic on the jack to make it fit all the way down?

No I didn't cut down anything. I will try that later. I figured because it fit fine on my old ipod, it should fit fine on the iphone but that is a really good idea. Thanks!

Gizzmo_jr
03-24-2008, 09:54 AM
I had to cut mine down to make it work. Like you, my 2G nano worked fine but the shoulder on the iphone case is way to narrow for any 'normal' headphone jack to work.

Also to add, I sure ain't buying those converters for $10. My knife and 2min of my time does the job.

Fobio
03-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Go to www.monoprice.com and pick up a couple of smaller 3.5mm male plugs. The iphone has a smaller plug than most...I picked up 2 for $10 shipped off ebay, they're even cheaper at monprice, but you may have to wait. Good luck!

electric
03-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Thanks! I ordered 2 from that website and it cost me less than 6 dollars with shipping. Awesome.

oni
04-07-2008, 03:36 PM
yup, monoprice is a great site. Too bad I couldn't find the m-m that's only 3 ft. The shortest is 6ft for $0.65