PDA

View Full Version : My Dads Modded Cayman S

RallyPlaya
04-06-2008, 11:58 PM
After Years of Driving an 04 Volvo Xc 90 i felt it was time my dad got a new car and i went on a personal search for the right car for him. While @ one of my first La Paloma Meet.... this Car caught my eyes and i showed it to my dad during salary and bonus time.... to my surprise he bought it a few days after in Cash.... my dad always liked how i modded my car so he did his own version of modding it by getting the Porsche Carrera Turbo 19' Rims on the Ride which are the same rims as the 1st Porsche special edition here are some pics !!!! Enjoy :chuckle the.... Car is stock 295 hp:chuckle

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb15/ToStar_photo/porsche_cayman_s_limited.jpg

b
04-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Nice looking car. I really like this one. I've seen a few in oakville and I think I like it more than the 911.

RallyPlaya
04-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah im actually quite jealous.... my dad would let me drive it but im too scared 2 hahaha and if you sit in this beast it sounds like an airplane !!!

x_o_k_x
04-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Nice car, need more pics

kaval
04-07-2008, 12:54 AM
This is one of my favourite Porsche's on the road right now. Those wheels flow so well with the car, they look as if they came with the car!

Does your dad have any other plans for the car?

RallyPlaya
04-07-2008, 01:09 AM
Hes thinking of maybe getting the stripes like the design edition hes undecided though ..... otherthan that hes content just a car cover and maybe some original porsche accents ... the car doesn't nee dmuch modding... il take some more pics x_ok_x

Unoriginalusername
04-07-2008, 07:36 AM
its a nice car but i don't really get it... i mean a 4 door BMW 335i can spank it for less money, and a modded ms3 will be putting down over 300whp by the time the AP comes out and that will spank it for even less. so hard to justify spending all that cash for something that just doesn't go

Malcolm991
04-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Porsche there is no substitute

TheProfessor
04-07-2008, 09:13 AM
its a nice car but i don't really get it... i mean a 4 door BMW 335i can spank it for less money, and a modded ms3 will be putting down over 300whp by the time the AP comes out and that will spank it for even less. so hard to justify spending all that cash for something that just doesn't go

Wow, you're comparing a Mazda to a Porsche? The MS3 is nice, but not that nice.

There's more to a car than hp and straight line speed ;)

Unoriginalusername
04-07-2008, 09:18 AM

I am not comparing but i am explaining for me, paying $75k for a Cayman S doesn't make sense since paying $45k more to have a slower car just doesn't do it for me.

A BMW 335i sedan can be had for 50k and pleases the soul build quality wise just as much for $20k less.

For me the car is in a tough spot, its not a better track car then an elise for the same money, and it isn't a better DD then a 335i for less money, nor is it faster then a $30k MS3 so i am saying i just don't find that value equation to suit my tastes thats all.

Kevin@nextmod
04-07-2008, 09:18 AM

+1000000 on that..

Sometimes its about the class, the sound of the car and the logo on the key.

chinsterr
04-07-2008, 09:23 AM
..... and the logo on the key.

who can see a business card 100ft away ? lol

Its all about the status !!!

Kevin@nextmod
04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
its like when you're with a group of friends at a dinner and you see everyone putting there keys to a bimmer, honda, mazda, mercedes and then you put down your porsche key. Obvious winner!!!!

But thats what my chinese frds would do....hahah

mogul_pro
04-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Ah the good old boxer with a roof. Looks nice with the new rims. They are fun to drive little cars, though if your a bigger man fitting in the cabin for a long time is a stretch.

Kinda neat that your dad caught the "mod bug" from you. Mine is in the process of catching it from me as well I think this summer. :)

Unoriginalusername
04-07-2008, 09:29 AM
If you guys think $45k for status is a good deal all the power too you... me i'd get a used z06 or viper and have 500hp for that money because i shop $ per hp not for a particular logo. whatever floats your boat

FLIPDADY
04-07-2008, 09:34 AM
I still see hint of VW Beetle. Still a pretty sweet car. I'm with James on this one though, a BMW 335 is more practical and has plenty of potential for the money. Plus your passengers will feel more comfortable.

Cardinal Fang
04-07-2008, 09:40 AM
If you guys think $45k for status is a good deal all the power too you... me i'd get a used z06 or viper and have 500hp for that money because i shop $ per hp not for a particular logo. whatever floats your boat

I totally agree with you. Unfortunately, that's not exactly how the world spins. People with money, more often then not, buy based on status rather than performance.

mogul_pro
04-07-2008, 09:51 AM
z06 and viper IS status... and power. I don't see any factory workers pealing out from the punch clock in a viper lol Mind you for that price your getting a viper thats been USED pretty good as new they are 6 figure cars.

I'd be WICKED embarased though if I had a "sports car" like that and got spanked buy a speed3 with a couple bolt ons lol...

mogul_pro
04-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Yeah im actually quite jealous.... my dad would let me drive it but im too scared 2 hahaha and if you sit in this beast it sounds like an airplane !!!

Don't worry bro one day your testicles will drop. ;)

Jokes...

Kevin@nextmod
04-07-2008, 09:55 AM
People that makes a decent amount of money just do'nt care about practicality of a car because they have a few more cars at home that makes it up. Its mostly how much they want or like that car.

Unoriginalusername
04-07-2008, 09:56 AM
z06 and viper IS status... and power. I don't see any factory workers pealing out from the punch clock in a viper lol Mind you for that price your getting a viper thats been USED pretty good as new they are 6 figure cars.

I'd be WICKED embarased though if I had a "sports car" like that and got spanked buy a speed3 with a couple bolt ons lol...

If you time it right there are plenty of one year old 500hp vipers that show up with under 10,000km for $60k. There is a 05 z06 vette in atlanta i saw for sale on the STI boards with a super charger, low miles, insane condition for $34k USD... this car was putting down 500hp at the rear wheels.

With the dollar you can import that for less then a nicely equiped dodge minivan so it isn't like performance is unachievable to the avg. person if you don't care so much about the logo/interior

Malcolm991
04-07-2008, 09:56 AM
I think it's a matter of personal choice here. He probably has the BMW as his everyday car and his son has the Mazda3. As for the money aspect, it's because he can and we shouldn't knock him because we would all buy our personal favourite supercar if we could.

RallyPlaya
04-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Well My Dad Got the Car for 59 0000 it had 12 000 k on it previously so the price was sweet... UU peformance wise obviously Porsche is not worth the money in Hp=$ but my dad is not an enthusiast in the power of a car as much as you he just wanted a car that would stand out in looks and match his personality....theres plenty of faster cars for cheaper but my dad is prbly 80% looks and 20% peformance when it comes to cars.... theres different types of drivers and we another have an XC 90 sport for the family this is just my dads toy

mogul_pro
04-07-2008, 10:35 AM
If you time it right there are plenty of one year old 500hp vipers that show up with under 10,000km for $60k. There is a 05 z06 vette in atlanta i saw for sale on the STI boards with a super charger, low miles, insane condition for $34k USD... this car was putting down 500hp at the rear wheels.

With the dollar you can import that for less then a nicely equiped dodge minivan so it isn't like performance is unachievable to the avg. person if you don't care so much about the logo/interior

If it wasn't for this DAMN CANADIAN SNOW I would DEFINATELY own a far more sporty car... lol.

Unoriginalusername
04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
If it wasn't for this DAMN CANADIAN SNOW I would DEFINATELY own a far more sporty car... lol.

thus why hhr ss, srt4, ms3, wrx, sti, evo are good cars... lots of performance, but not enough $$$ that you cringe at the idea of driving it year round like you would for a cayman.

practical, fast, reliable and affordable cars regardless of the badge FTW

Cardinal Fang
04-07-2008, 10:38 AM
theres different types of drivers and we another have an XC 90 sport for the family this is just my dads toy

I have to ask RallyPlaya, is your dad going through a mid life crisis? :) Not there is anything wrong with it because I'd like to know so I can warn my wife to look forward to mine.

mogul_pro
04-07-2008, 10:41 AM
I heard only 750 evo are going to be in canada. A friend of mine said his brother is trying to order one and the dealer is almost having to tell him no because they aren't sure when they will have one to sell him!

And true there are some performance cars that you won't grind your teeth over if they get some paint chips on them I guess.

mogul_pro
04-07-2008, 10:42 AM
every decade I plan on having a "crisis" lol..

20's 30's 40's 50's and so on... eachdecade the "crisis" will be more profound! lol

Unoriginalusername
04-07-2008, 10:46 AM
I heard only 750 evo are going to be in canada. A friend of mine said his brother is trying to order one and the dealer is almost having to tell him no because they aren't sure when they will have one to sell him!

And true there are some performance cars that you won't grind your teeth over if they get some paint chips on them I guess.

20 grand is still a lot of money to spend, i can't say you feel good about it anytime but it is better then having the shopping mall door ding on a 70k car lol.

RallyPlaya
04-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I have to ask RallyPlaya, is your dad going through a mid life crisis? :) Not there is anything wrong with it because I'd like to know so I can warn my wife to look forward to mine.

No but after i got in an accident with his beloved mazda millenia and after driving an old Volvo Xc 90 for soo many years he needed an upgrade... he loves the car\ and told me hes never buying a car again...well we are buying an audi a4 for a winter beater for him but i guess that the Cayman S will be his last Car in the summer sense.... and sort of like a mid life crisis i believe well im moving out of the house and he just wants to enjoy his life more hes taking more vacation etc... its good in a way.... he never even asked my mom for permission just informed her he was buying it :chuckle

mogul_pro
04-07-2008, 10:51 AM
I hear ya. Even on my type-r I used to have with a custom paint job, I used to flip out when people parked close so close to me u could barely get the doors open!

:S

ZeroChalk
04-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Sure there are plenty of things that can beat a porsche, but it is more then just a car but obviously a symbol of wealth, identity, status, etc. Your also paying a premium to buy in to the heritage. With Bimmer's it's like a dime-a-dozen. Go to any parking lot in the suburbs and your bound to see a few (especially with low lease rates).

On the flip side, porsche's are a dime-a-dozen in the financial district. People drive'm all year round. Someone I know in investment banking told me, you kinda can't pop up to a golf game driving something cheap, or bang for your buck. Porshe's are like the practical everyday sports car.

x_o_k_x
04-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Most of the time i see suped up honda civic racing/driving down the street. Now why would you wanna spend so much money modifiyng your car when you could just simply get something like speed3 for the same price? It all depends on your status and wealth. You wanna stand out and be proud on what you drive, so buying a super duper cheap race car or somethining that has its name and power already in it as factory. People buy on what they like and their preference. As a dad, for 75 grand you could buy a skyline making 700hp+ but do you need it?? no, so something like caymen s which is nice sporty car is great to stand out and tells alot about the driver. Does that make sence?

chinsterr
04-07-2008, 12:54 PM
thus why hhr ss, srt4, ms3, wrx, sti, evo are good cars... lots of performance, but not enough $$$ that you cringe at the idea of driving it year round like you would for a cayman.

practical, fast, reliable and affordable cars regardless of the badge FTW

I know what you mean UU , but the target audience for these cars is different. I can't see my dad driving an evo just because it has the best HP/$.
Example: When a 40+ years old man rolls up to the golf/country club in a evo/srt4/sti it looks like he is driving his son's car :chuckle

Hell, even I'm graduating from the boy-racer scene and into something more sport-luxury (hopefully, after graduation).

EDIT: lol i just realized zerochalk used the same analogy.

Unoriginalusername
04-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I know what you mean UU , but the target audience for these cars is different. I can't see my dad driving an evo just because it has the best HP/$.
Example: When a 40+ years old man rolls up to the golf/country club in a evo/srt4/sti it looks like he is driving his son's car :chuckle

Hell, even I'm graduating from the boy-racer scene and into something more sport-luxury (hopefully, after graduation).

EDIT: lol i just realized zerochalk used the same analogy.

no but it is all relavant, my purchasing philosophy remains the same... IF i had 70k to spend i would get that used viper or z06. it would fit in just fine at the country club :chuckle

mogul_pro
04-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Have fun filling up at the pumps with a viper... like EVERY DAY! lol

Unoriginalusername
04-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Have fun filling up at the pumps with a viper... like EVERY DAY! lol

You'd be amazed how well vipers/vettes do on the hwy... besides if you've spent 70k on the cayman or 70k on the used viper/vette is mpg really your priority here?

mogul_pro
04-07-2008, 03:00 PM
some ppl buy a 50k car like its nothing.. others buy the same 50k car and dont have a spare penny... so yes it may be a priority.

RallyPlaya
04-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I Personally would pick a Cayman S over a viper or corvette.... yeah i know the corvette is faster but there too long in lentgh and im not a fan of american cars... This is what im looking like for my next few cars.... Mazda 3 till im 21... then Rx8 till i can make the 6 figure salalry and then porche/ lotus/M3 for that time period im hoping 28 years old ... then i have no idea a mazda 5 if i get married damn =( well thats a lot of years cars will change but i really want the new 09 rx8 in 2,3 years im a fan of only europeun and japanese cars wouldn't get anything else

3GFX
04-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Nice car...rollin on 911 Turbo rims!

Fobio
04-07-2008, 04:24 PM
I absol-posi-lute-tive-ly LOVE the BOXSTER S. I believe the Cayman S is a better car, but not of the same SOUL. I would still buy a Boxster...but now likely after the 2nd or 3rd kid. And I wouldn't mind a nicely kept used one.

Ppl don't buy Porsche (unless you're an investment banker) for practical reasons...and part of the joy is the wherewithal and the sheer freedom of buying something for oneself...(sometimes with complete disregard for practicality and family)

You must be taking care of yourself well for your Dad to feel right indulging himself...

iconicrocket
04-07-2008, 04:38 PM
I would go for the Nissan GTR. Spank nearly everything on the road for the same amount of money as a Porsche Cayman S. lol.

Wow, RallyPlaya what does your dad do? What line of work is he in, I want to join?

Garu
04-07-2008, 04:41 PM
I would go for the Nissan GTR. Spank nearly everything on the road for the same amount of money as a Porsche Cayman S. lol.

Wow, RallyPlaya what does your dad do? What line of work is he in, I want to join?

I was about to say that.
I'd get GTR over that on any day.

And also I'd consider STI/EVO a performance and also luxury cars. They are not cheap. Come on 45k?? I'm not sure how much you guys make but that's like 60% of my salary!

WhiteSpeed3
04-07-2008, 05:04 PM
unoriginal just a quick question if u were buying a car right now and didnt have your speed3 and u had a choice of the speed3 or the srt4 caliber wat would u choose?

Unoriginalusername
04-07-2008, 05:08 PM
unoriginal just a quick question if u were buying a car right now and didnt have your speed3 and u had a choice of the speed3 or the srt4 caliber wat would u choose?

a year before either was released it would have been the srt4 based on the original concept but after the launch process was done with that car 100% Speed3. Drove the srt4 caliber and didn't like it much a month or so ago just for fun

ms3 +1000

ds2chan
04-07-2008, 05:11 PM
I was about to say that.

And also I'd consider STI/EVO a performance and also luxury cars. They are not cheap. Come on 45k?? I'm not sure how much you guys make but that's like 60% of my salary!

I guess I'll be 3rd in line for the job then.. =P

nice car.. I'm aiming for a Lamborghini myself.. lol.. probably never show up unless I win the 30 million lottery.. even then, gotta learn to drive the stick (do they make them in automatic these days??)..

Unoriginalusername
04-07-2008, 05:13 PM
I was about to say that.

way to tell everyone you make 75k lol

Kevin@nextmod
04-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I was about to say that.

Even with top of the line cayman S, you still wo'nt be able to get the top model GTR. A base one maybe.

saintjames7
04-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Porsche there is no substitute

Totally agree

Garu
04-07-2008, 05:23 PM
way to tell everyone you make 75k lol

Well I just ballparked it. :chuckle

Fobio
04-07-2008, 05:31 PM
You guys know how in the MS3 section, we debate whether ppl call our cars a Mazda 3? Kinda petty, but some relish in the distinction...

Same thing with a Porsche but on a different level...ppl ask you what you drive, you either say, a Porsche, 911, Carerra, Boxster, Cayman, Cayenne...then nobody ask if it's a JUST regular Porsche...(well nowadays, some ppl might ask if it's a Cayenne S or whatever they call them)...

When was the last time you asked a guy driving an RX8 and he told you he drove a Mazda?

RallyPlaya
04-07-2008, 05:51 PM

Hes a CFO for Barclays Global investors (UK Bank they sponer the English premiership), when we first came to Canada he started as an accountant..... so hard work pays off :)

WhiteSpeed3
04-07-2008, 06:21 PM
a year before either was released it would have been the srt4 based on the original concept but after the launch process was done with that car 100% Speed3. Drove the srt4 caliber and didn't like it much a month or so ago just for fun

ms3 +1000

so the speed3 is about 6k more than the srt4 caliber how can u justify paying that much more for almost the same thing speed wise

my point is that ppl buy cars cuz they want them

some would say then would never buy a STi b/c its not classy enough its all about preference

so imo its a very nice car and prob a pretty good bang for the 75k

Unoriginalusername
04-07-2008, 08:15 PM
so the speed3 is about 6k more than the srt4 caliber how can u justify paying that much more for almost the same thing speed wise

my point is that ppl buy cars cuz they want them

some would say then would never buy a STi b/c its not classy enough its all about preference

so imo its a very nice car and prob a pretty good bang for the 75k

well the srt4 with similar options as apples and apples you can make it is 29k... the ms3 is 31k and i got about 1500 so to me that sounds about the exact same price for getting the options you want on either car in which case i still pick the speed3.

Nextmod
04-13-2008, 12:56 PM

All I know is every Evo is sold over MSRP

if they do give you MSRP, they are giving you a deal

Nextmod
04-13-2008, 01:00 PM
I Personally would pick a Cayman S over a viper or corvette.... yeah i know the corvette is faster but there too long in lentgh and im not a fan of american cars... This is what im looking like for my next few cars.... Mazda 3 till im 21... then Rx8 till i can make the 6 figure salalry and then porche/ lotus/M3 for that time period im hoping 28 years old ... then i have no idea a mazda 5 if i get married damn =( well thats a lot of years cars will change but i really want the new 09 rx8 in 2,3 years im a fan of only europeun and japanese cars wouldn't get anything else

ya same here. I would never look right driving a Z06

how many Asian do you see driving a Z06 lol

(actually I had a Asian friend that had one, and he sold it after a few months lol)

Nextmod
04-13-2008, 01:03 PM
well the srt4 with similar options as apples and apples you can make it is 29k... the ms3 is 31k and i got about 1500 so to me that sounds about the exact same price for getting the options you want on either car in which case i still pick the speed3.

admit it, just tell us you dont want to be driving a neon =P

Unoriginalusername
04-13-2008, 04:17 PM
admit it, just tell us you dont want to be driving a neon =P

caliber is the new one that they make

MSMitch
04-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Porsche / BMW / MS3 - all great cars, like most said, whatever floats your boat - I don't think it's (always) about status - I haven't driven a Boxster or Cayman, but have driven just about every other Porsche made, going back to old 944 turbos (one of my all-time favorites), to various 911 turbos (frickin scary in the 80's), to most recently my cousins Carrera 4S - don't know what it is, but there IS something different about driving a Porsche over a BMW, Vette, my MS3, whatever (I haven't driven a Ferrari or Lamborghini - yet!). All I can say is if you have enough money in your bank account, be careful, if you test drive a Porsche, chances are you'll be driving home in one! :chuckle

MZ3_GS
04-17-2008, 01:45 AM
OP Nice car.

To Everyone that thinks this car isn't worth the money comparing and it to a 335i, do you realize you're comparing a Sports Car to a Coupe thats based on a sedan? The driving experience is totally different, it cannot be compared.

Sure the MS3 is fast, sure it's class leading in power and handling and sure you can squeeze more power out of it, but don't flatter yourself, it's still based on a family car platform and it will never drive like a Porsche.

Skarbro
04-17-2008, 05:30 AM
Sheer power isn't the only thing in a car. I'de like to see a Cayman vs a Speed3 in AutoX.

Unoriginalusername
04-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Sheer power isn't the only thing in a car. I'de like to see a Cayman vs a Speed3 in AutoX.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oE4CLKLItMk&feature=related

I'd like to see any cayman attempt to take this cheap old bag of screws :chuckle

MSMitch
04-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Awesome video - I know off topic, but amazing how they got four wheels on a Kleenex box!!! Looks like fun though, great for dowtown driving and parking :chuckle

Skarbro
04-17-2008, 10:16 AM

I'd like to see any cayman attempt to take this cheap old bag of screws :chuckle
Damn stupid work filter. I'll have to check this out later at home.

Zaku_4
04-17-2008, 03:08 PM
I absol-posi-lute-tive-ly LOVE the BOXSTER S. I believe the Cayman S is a better car, but not of the same SOUL. I would still buy a Boxster...

im on the EXACT same boat as you. EVEN THOUGH the "porsche fanatics" will stare us down telling us its the poor mans porsche or how its not a "real" porsche.

theres just something about the boxsters looks which would make me take it over any 911 cab's or even the carerra GT.

btw chinsterr: i didnt know the new GTR came in different "models" or specs. i thought the GTR was the top of the line skyline. i know the old one had a special edition which was primarily a used car with new stuff on it (spec V nur or seomthing liek that).

Garu
04-17-2008, 03:21 PM

ROFL that is so awesome and the driver!

azn_outlaw
04-18-2008, 12:42 AM

Damn what I call a fine piece of automotive engineering.....Talkin about the Cayman S

But IMO....an economy car compared to this thing, even a tunned MS3 seems like a waste

and what Tunned MS3 on that, damn how about go back to your routes....

Can MS3 Stop a mid 80's Mitsubishi, that is comes in AWD and a REAL TRUE Turbo vehicle....

case in point:

http://forum.4g61t.org/viewtopic.php?search_id=1299861145&t=24370

Coles note: 89 Mirage (aka Dodge Colt) keeping with a 911 Porsche

Gotta know your roots...Back to Basics

But nothing can compare to a Porsche....even a Modded Mazdaspeed3 , rather boring, better and more interesting comparison is the Subaru's, Mits, and Toyota coming into the picture

oh wait it a Mazdaspeed3 can compare to BMW M series, seeing that the the wheel/tire value for a Mazdaspeed3 is like buying a used set of 18X8 BMW OEM M-series rims with 235 and Run flats

yet another me just expressing myself

again its just my opinion

Rallyplaya your Mazda3 has a great friend to sleep beside, and I am jealous, my car sleeps next to a Porsche but its a toy car and sometimes a picture in a magazine

Unoriginalusername
04-18-2008, 07:26 AM
Damn what I call a fine piece of automotive engineering.....Talkin about the Cayman S

But IMO....an economy car compared to this thing, even a tunned MS3 seems like a waste

and what Tunned MS3 on that, damn how about go back to your routes....

Can MS3 Stop a mid 80's Mitsubishi, that is comes in AWD and a REAL TRUE Turbo vehicle....

case in point:

http://forum.4g61t.org/viewtopic.php?search_id=1299861145&t=24370

Coles note: 89 Mirage (aka Dodge Colt) keeping with a 911 Porsche

Gotta know your roots...Back to Basics

But nothing can compare to a Porsche....even a Modded Mazdaspeed3 , rather boring, better and more interesting comparison is the Subaru's, Mits, and Toyota coming into the picture

oh wait it a Mazdaspeed3 can compare to BMW M series, seeing that the the wheel/tire value for a Mazdaspeed3 is like buying a used set of 18X8 BMW OEM M-series rims with 235 and Run flats

yet another me just expressing myself

again its just my opinion

Rallyplaya your Mazda3 has a great friend to sleep beside, and I am jealous, my car sleeps next to a Porsche but its a toy car and sometimes a picture in a magazine

Everyone knows you dislike the ms3 and its owners... but is lacing your immature sarcasm in every post really required? Take your issues out with Dr. Phil and stop wasting space on the forum :chuckle

midnightfxgt
04-18-2008, 09:53 AM
OK guys... lets keep it on topic here!

Fobio
04-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Don't take this as sacrilege, but after installing the SU mount, Cobb springs and wider wheels and tires, the MS3 has a somewhat Euro feel to it...and why the heck not! I have no problem with my $35K pocket rocket/hot hatch with less than 10% of its value in upgrades has the drive tightness of a (god forbid) GTI, but power (soon w/ AP, intake and DP) of a STI. This allows me to drive the snot out of the car without worrying about my precious $40 - 50K car, because it's really only a $35K MS3...hehe....

Kinda like the Boxster/Cayman vs. 911 to me...I've seen friends who are hardcore drivers that once they stepped up to a Porsche, all of a sudden drives SLOWER cuz dang, that thing costs $$$...I'd drive it like it's a Ming Dynasty vase too! But a Boxster...I can drive the snot out of it and it won't bite me in the ass or the wallet as much, anyway.

What really grinds my gears are those old men driving their Porsche/Ferrari SLOW...like it's a parade...actually...anyone driving slow sucks...whether it's you or your car!

RX9
04-22-2008, 08:21 PM
i will always like Porsche, they make good cars for sure.

prospectjtaz
04-23-2008, 10:17 PM
The only Porsche I've ever liked is the Carrera GT, however the Cayman is appealing to me a bit now, since I saw this post. Saw one downtown the other day. Hate the boxer, ya I know ppl call it the poor mans porsche, but I hate it because of two reasons, 1 its a convertible, and 2 the center ONE piece exhaust, looks like its a whole for excrements. Only thing I do like from the boxster is the front headlights, a whole lot better than the full round bug eyes of the other porsches.

Everyone has their specific reasons to why they buy their cars. I have an 8, I get asked all the time, why didnt I get a Z or G35 or a WRX. Do I want a f***ing rally car in the city??? If I was working ful time, I would love the WRX for its AWD in the winter or if I was into offroading, but guess what I live in the suburbds. I bought the 8 for serveral reasons. One the unique sound of the engine, sounds uber in the high revs, the looks, the cheap insurance, (insurance companies consider it a four door family sedan), and its rarity. How many 8s did you see today???

But I am disturbed by the shitty resale value our cars have. Cause of all the douches that blow the engine, we get stuck with a crap resale. Which makes me squirm about the future. In a few years the 8s will be low enough that teens can afford them, as their FIRST car. Last thing I want is a punk kid showing up asking how he can go faster in a straight line. But I also think it might not happen. I got my 8 at a really good price. But guess what, its expensive to maintain. From the oil changes to the fuel costs. Not to mention all the aftermarket mods are notoriously priced. Just got a break on some of the Mazdaspeed prices.

Essentially I'm just saying people buy cars for their own tastes. Its what makes us all unique, and not the same. I hate carbon fiber, unless it has a mechanical function, but then you got those freaks that plaster it everywhere. Everyone with their own taste. Ya I know the 8 has some pretty crap low end torque, but I knew that ahead of time. But that doesnt stop me from smiling everytime when I hit that 9000K Redline..... BEEP, FTW!!!

x_o_k_x
04-23-2008, 10:32 PM
The only Porsche I've ever liked is the Carrera GT, however the Cayman is appealing to me a bit now, since I saw this post. Saw one downtown the other day. Hate the boxer, ya I know ppl call it the poor mans porsche, but I hate it because of two reasons, 1 its a convertible, and 2 the center ONE piece exhaust, looks like its a whole for excrements. Only thing I do like from the boxster is the front headlights, a whole lot better than the full round bug eyes of the other porsches.

Everyone has their specific reasons to why they buy their cars. I have an 8, I get asked all the time, why didnt I get a Z or G35 or a WRX. Do I want a f***ing rally car in the city??? If I was working ful time, I would love the WRX for its AWD in the winter or if I was into offroading, but guess what I live in the suburbds. I bought the 8 for serveral reasons. One the unique sound of the engine, sounds uber in the high revs, the looks, the cheap insurance, (insurance companies consider it a four door family sedan), and its rarity. How many 8s did you see today???

But I am disturbed by the shitty resale value our cars have. Cause of all the douches that blow the engine, we get stuck with a crap resale. Which makes me squirm about the future. In a few years the 8s will be low enough that teens can afford them, as their FIRST car. Last thing I want is a punk kid showing up asking how he can go faster in a straight line. But I also think it might not happen. I got my 8 at a really good price. But guess what, its expensive to maintain. From the oil changes to the fuel costs. Not to mention all the aftermarket mods are notoriously priced. Just got a break on some of the Mazdaspeed prices.

Essentially I'm just saying people buy cars for their own tastes. Its what makes us all unique, and not the same. I hate carbon fiber, unless it has a mechanical function, but then you got those freaks that plaster it everywhere. Everyone with their own taste. Ya I know the 8 has some pretty crap low end torque, but I knew that ahead of time. But that doesnt stop me from smiling everytime when I hit that 9000K Redline..... BEEP, FTW!!!

Nicely said, although some people have bad taste. Like today I saw this old Accord suped up with chrome like no tommorow, not to mention it has acura sign upside down, i was like wtf. Should have taken a picture of it. But yeah everyone has their own taste

chu
04-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Nice car.

Swerny
04-25-2008, 03:20 PM
sweet.

I drove my GF's Dad's 911 4S last weekend and I totally understand the appeal now.

For those saying their MS3 is just as fast...dream on...plus the MS3 is FWD...which is FTL.

MS3 rocks for what it is, compared to other cars in it's class it's a winner, but you can't compare it to a Cayman S. The Cayman S will blow it's doors off in every sense of the word, and look better while doing it.

x_o_k_x
04-25-2008, 03:51 PM
The other day I was on the highway in my 04gt and this porshe was behind me, so evrytime i would step on gas to give him some space, he would be there again in less then a sec, crazy driver.. Also I heard MS3 would tear tires apart when going over 100 and stepping 1 gear down..Shows how powerfull those hatchbacks are..

Swerny
04-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Also I heard MS3 would tear tires apart when going over 100 and stepping 1 gear down..Shows how powerfull those hatchbacks are..

put down the crack pipe.

I would guarantee that the MS3 won't spin 4th or 5th gear at 100 Km/H.

x_o_k_x
04-25-2008, 03:54 PM
put down the crack pipe.

I would guarantee that the MS3 won't spin 4th or 5th gear at 100 Km/H.

The guy at the dealer test drove one when he took it home, well at least thats what he told me

Swerny
04-25-2008, 03:56 PM
The guy at the dealer test drove one when he took it home, well at least thats what he told me

he told you BS.

x_o_k_x
04-25-2008, 03:57 PM
he told you BS.

OK, where you the one that got blocked?

Swerny
04-25-2008, 04:00 PM
OK, where you the one that got blocked?

???