PDA

View Full Version : Hatch clip problems

Bluemazda3-S
04-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Hey everyone... I was wondering if any fellow hatch owners have a problem with the one clip that the (i don't know the proper name for this) privacy cover (that deck that folds up when you open the hatch) clips on via two elastic straps falls out? Ours keeps coming out, I clip it in, and it falls out within the hour.. the wife tells me to just glue it, but I don't want to make a mess with glue.

Any idea?

Jeff-TheBiz
04-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Elastic Strap????

:ttiwwp

FLIPDADY
04-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Maybe the small ball on the clip is busted? That would cause the straps to fall off. It happens if too much weight is on the cover or something hits the clip causing it to get damaged.

Best bet is to get a new clip.

Bluemazda3-S
04-15-2008, 12:30 AM
lol.. flip knows what I am talking about... but no, the strap isn't coming off, the whole keep is coming out of the hole in the hatch, and the clip is not damaged, but it IS easy to push in, almost no resistance at all

mit-gee-mui
04-15-2008, 12:56 AM
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=18821&highlight=strap+hatch

??

Not sure if this is what you are talking about.

If not, just ignore me.....:loco

Bluemazda3-S
04-15-2008, 12:59 AM
thats exactly what I am talking about.. nothing is broken on it, but it just doesn't want to stay inside the whole in the frame of the hatch

Wild Weasel
04-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Sounds like it's been pulled through the hole a couple times and now the hole is bigger than it should be.

Shouldn't hurt to use a little glue on the back, so long as it's not visible. Then, if it later breaks, you can just drill through it or dremel it away to put a new one in.

Cardinal Fang
04-15-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm very careful when taking the clip off the ball. These things are too delicate in my opinion. My last car had the same setup on the hatch and in the 14 years I had that car I managed to replace the clip 5 times.

It's really frustrating.