PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Ice Paste Wax

buon77
04-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey guys,
I was just a crappy tire and noticed this new product by Turtle Wax. Has anybody tried it, if so, what did you think?

Thanks

kaval
04-19-2008, 06:05 PM
I haven't tried it, but from what I've read, its durability isn't very good (around 2 weeks)

cwp_sedan
04-19-2008, 06:12 PM
I haven't tried it, but from what I've read, its durability isn't very good (around 2 weeks)

+1

I have it for emergencies. Basically does an ok job but it's easy to apply.

Flagrum_3
04-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Hate to bust your bubbles guys but you heard wrong this stuff is awesome, the best stuff I've ever used!! TurtleWax Ice paste wax is they say a once a year application (manufacturers claim).Now I don't know if it'll last a year but I've had it on my car since early October, thats 6 months, a couple of dozen washes and the worst winter in decades and water still beads and the finish is still smooth as a babies ass, and I tend to think my finish looks amongst one of the best on this forum!...Best part is you can put it on and not have to worry about any trim because it waxes the trim also! No powder residue, no smudges, just awesome!...I'd go on TV to promote this stuff, I like it so much! :chuckle

_3

oni
04-22-2008, 02:07 PM
I had a bad experience w/ the paste wax. Maybe it's partly due to my lack of a power buffer. Anyways, I returned it and switch to the liquid version. Will give that a go this weekend.

DARK3
04-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Ya, stay away from Turtle Was products

supa_slick
04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
I totally agree... this stuff is amazing.

oni
04-28-2008, 09:59 AM
check out the pic after using the TW ICE liquid.

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=289363&postcount=43

mleblond
04-28-2008, 10:16 AM
I bought the spray bottle and the in car turtle wax ICE product.

The spray is only for touch ups. I removed my side moldings so I used that to wax it until I get my car detailed again.

the in car cleaner / polisher is REALLY good too :) My interior looks really good and I was tired of the armor all shit.

I went for a quick ride after that and got good response with the car ;) Ladies loved it! they could use it as a miror hahaha Keep in mind my car is black.

But so far satisfied!

Flagrum_3
04-29-2008, 06:28 PM
I had a bad experience w/ the paste wax. Maybe it's partly due to my lack of a power buffer. Anyways, I returned it and switch to the liquid version. Will give that a go this weekend.

The paste is a little more finicky than the liquid version but still as compared to several other (pastes) I've tried it went on and wiped off pretty effortlessly and I do it by hand.I made sure the car was stripped of old wax and that the body panels were cool to the touch before putting it on and the results were awesome.

The paste is more durable than the liquid as mentioned I've had it on there for over six months now! but I will use the liquid version most of the time as it is snap waxing with it....20 minutes and I've done the whole car!
I gotta try the interior stuff after I finish my present cleaner/protector, if its anything like their wax is should be pretty good.

_3