PDA

View Full Version : Changing Lights Inside Dash

Mazda3Man
04-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey, Im Lance, im new on the board but have been lookin over it for the last few hours and so far im impressed.

I saw the post of the blue dash, and how he changed all the lights so his instruments were blue instead of the orange. I want to do this.. but with a nice red, not an orange color.. it just dosnt suit in my opinon.

But here's the low-down on me.. i have No experience with car stuff.. i own my mazda 3 and i love it.. thats about all haha oh and i can put in washer fluid =P sad eh.

My real question is how hard would it be for someone like myself (i tend to take things apart just to see what makes em work and put em back together... in my nature) to take apart my cluster and dash and replace the lights with a better red then is stock right now? (i have a 2006 Mazda 3 GT sedan)

Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks Alot.

~Lance

eqlso
04-20-2008, 05:51 PM
I say if you can solder fairly well and you follow the instructions, it shouldn't be that difficult. Just take more time, follow the guides and be careful and everything should turn out right.

I personally haven't done it, so can't really comment about the details, but the walk throughs are very detailed and doesn't look that bad to do.

Mazda3Man
04-20-2008, 05:53 PM
where is a walk-thru. and im fairly decent at soldering. i had to learn when i was in college for electrician.. never completed it but atleast i can solder now =P

eqlso
04-20-2008, 06:00 PM
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=31367.0

Mazda3Man
04-20-2008, 06:13 PM
good god thats alot of LED's to change =|.... oh well its worth a shot.. easier then i thought it would be to get at it all. lol but thanks alot =D

huyzel
04-21-2008, 02:54 PM
good god thats alot of LED's to change =|.... oh well its worth a shot.. easier then i thought it would be to get at it all. lol but thanks alot =D

If you do it and are successful... I'll pay you to do mine too :-)

Mazda3Man
04-22-2008, 02:02 AM
haha i think ill check Ebay for a spare center console and fork the money over for a spare of that just so that if i do screw up... i still have my original one in perfect condition to put back in.

Off topic tho... anyone know how to tap into some of the wiring to add some lights to the inside of the car (almost like tokyo drift in his car with the angel eye cup holders and such)

Mazda3Man
04-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Oh and by the way.. im currently living in alberta haha altho i intend on moving back soon with my car surrounding me haha =P

sudz
04-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Mazda3Man.... The cupholders are a bit blingy IMO. But I think you can actually get them at canadian tire. They plug into your cigarette lighter.

Best of luck switching out all the LED's!

Dante
04-22-2008, 02:13 PM
There are floor lighting kits on ebay for relatively cheap. I bought one for 30 bucks, put her in and its beautiful.