PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust leak

alhope34
04-28-2008, 07:47 PM
As most of you people know, I just recently got my TXS DP installed to my stock catted MP, and I have an exhaust leak somewhere between the DP and MP. I can get used to the sputtering noise, but will this in any way hurt/damage my car? Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I really don't want to hurt my car.

Flagrum_3
04-28-2008, 08:02 PM
As most of you people know, I just recently got my TXS DP installed to my stock catted MP, and I have an exhaust leak somewhere between the DP and MP. I can get used to the sputtering noise, but will this in any way hurt/damage my car? Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I really don't want to hurt my car.

It may put out the air/fuel mixture, probably one of the reasons for your excessively rich burning?

_3

CanadaGTO
04-28-2008, 08:04 PM
I'll have your new seal in by end of week :) Hopefully that will help.

alhope34
04-28-2008, 08:04 PM
It may put out the air/fuel mixture, probably one of the reasons for your excessively rich burning?

_3

The leak would be AFTER both O2 sensers, I don't see how that would affect the a/f. Also, I AM getting about .3L/100km better average since the DP has been put on.

Flagrum_3
04-28-2008, 08:13 PM
The leak would be AFTER both O2 sensers, I don't see how that would affect the a/f. Also, I AM getting about .3L/100km better average since the DP has been put on.

Any leak in your exhaust system even behind the aft sensor will still effect the readings.....flow/restriction.

By the way did resetting the system yesterday make any difference?

_3

alhope34
04-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Any leak in your exhaust system even behind the aft sensor will still effect the readings.....flow/restriction.

By the way did resetting the system yesterday make any difference?

_3

CEL stayed off so far with almost 50kms. Took 80kms for it to come on before, so I'll see.

Edit: I'm getting a new OEM donut gasket for the MP side and new 3" gasket for the DP side, hopefully installed Saturday at Jimmy's. Should only take a few minutes, but everyone knows how jobs pile up there.