PDA

View Full Version : CPE FullControl Flash

Garu
05-08-2008, 04:10 PM
http://www.cp-e.com/imgs/FullControlFlash.pdf

"Custom Performance Engineering is proud to announce that we will be offering a re-flash for the MazdaSPEED3 series of vehicles in the coming weeks. We are currently in the process of beta testing, and will be ready to offer this service to the entire Mazda enthusiast community very shortly. SPEED6 and CX-7 users, we have not forgotten about you! We will be offering a flash shortly after the SPEED3 is released."

Sounds interesting yea?

Fobio
05-08-2008, 04:20 PM
I always wondered why Cobb gets so much flack and scrutinizing by ppl, when a product like this by CP-E is heralded.

I have a feeling that CP-E licensed/picked up the Piasini and is incorporating it into their own flash...COOL! But now, can someone explain exactly how they do it? That PDF has some good info on it, but it seems to be crafted to specifically address (read: attack) the AP's apparent weakness...

I don't think the CP-E solutions and the Cobb AP are exactly the same thing...that is what I'd like to know more about...

mleblond
05-08-2008, 04:33 PM
ship you ecu and no flash back to stock....not sure how the dealership is gonna like that ;)

Garu
05-08-2008, 04:36 PM
What CPE is saying quite different from what Cobb is stating.
It quite confusing as a customer taking into consideration that these companies are both experienced and well known for their reputation.

CanadaGTO
05-08-2008, 04:46 PM
What CPE is saying quite different from what Cobb is stating.
It quite confusing as a customer taking into consideration that these companies are both experienced and well known for their reputation.

But they are known for different things.

CPE is a highly regarded parts engineering firm, that makes high quality aftermarket parts.

Cobb is a Tuning shop, with their own dyno facilities, and software engineers that hack OEM ECU's. They have abundant experience with ECU tuning on various platforms.

Unoriginalusername
05-08-2008, 04:54 PM
But they are known for different things.

CPE is a highly regarded parts engineering firm, that makes high quality aftermarket parts.

Cobb is a Tuning shop, with their own dyno facilities, and software engineers that hack OEM ECU's. They have abundant experience with ECU tuning on various platforms.

x2 +1 to CPE's hardware experience, but they don't hold a candle to Cobb's tunning ability. Like Cobb says they aren't in business to make dyno queens, they have the most # of cars on the road still working.

Plenty of Mazdaspeed6's with the standback and blown motors... not sure paying $700 for the standback and another $700 for the PNP or 2x the Cobb AP for a company without the tunning experience makes much sense at all

brecker
05-09-2008, 08:35 AM
I think this will play out that the Pisani (CPE) flash is just a boost controller for the most part. There's is no bloody way it will be half as precise as the COBB flash. I'd bet my car, that no other tuner has invested more time and energy than COBB to make sure this car remains safe and controlled.

But none the less - I look forward to the reviews! :)