PDA

View Full Version : Let's get this thing rolling: TM3 Trackday 2008 or 2009?

Fobio
05-21-2008, 12:22 AM
This vibrant TM3 board has members from all stripes, from grocery getters to track enthusiasts. As a group, one thing I'm pretty sure we ALL have in common is that we can all be better drivers. Having that thought, and considering that we also have enthusiasts amongst us as well, I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Like other boards, for example hondaprelude.to, we should organize driver training/development days. As a group (I think we're the 2nd best selling car in Canada?), I think we can get major discounts off the training which also translates into lower insurance for all, and on top of it, you will be a better driver and have fun too.

2. Lapping days that can be coupled with training and development events so others can learn and see first hand what their cars can do and for drivers of all skill level to mingle in a friendly and focused environment.

I know there have been tremendous efforts before to put this together, but hopefully, now that we can consolidate some more effort towards it, maybe we can make it happen in 2008 or even 2009?

I'm sure there will be more track-oriented events to be posted in this section, but if we can organize something for TM3, that'd just be THAT MUCH BETTER! :bana2

Fuman
05-21-2008, 12:47 AM
2009 will be a lot better.
1) We have more time to gauge interest
2) More time to plan
3) More people will run out of warranty
4) We can search around for a good track school with good rates
5) More time to do plan the paper work

Track school lowers insurance?
you coming to the hondaprelude event Fobio?

Fobio
05-21-2008, 12:53 AM
If we can get a reputed and licensed instructor, I believe some insurance companies will recognize it as advanced driver training, and therefore make certain discounts available. (i don't think it'd help that kid who did 239 tho...)

I'm pretty much committed to the hondaprelude event...how should I contact those guys?

WhiteSpeed3
05-21-2008, 01:05 AM
im going to cayuga sunday if anyone wants to come

Fuman
05-21-2008, 01:23 AM
If we can get a reputed and licensed instructor, I believe some insurance companies will recognize it as advanced driver training, and therefore make certain discounts available. (i don't think it'd help that kid who did 239 tho...)

I'm pretty much committed to the hondaprelude event...how should I contact those guys?
PM Grant for payment, if you are not doing e-mail money transfer. you taking school or just lapping.
Nice!!! I would love to see more 3s there.

mleblond
05-21-2008, 09:58 AM
even an auto cross session would be sweet :) I know the ones from my club are open to public. It cost like 35$ for the day for non members.

Fobio
05-21-2008, 11:36 AM
I've contacted what I thought was a Mazda club in Mississauga that does AutoX events at the GO station, but I haven't gotten a reply.

I think a local AutoX to get ppl's interest going would be great! Parking lots, if we can secure them are great for meets! ;) Does anyone have any experience with this type of thing?