PDA

View Full Version : Dunnville: June 7th w/ touge.ca

Fobio
05-28-2008, 10:22 AM
FYI.

Last time when I went to Dunnville, it was a really fun track and technical. This time they're doing clockwise and counter clockwise runs...anyone else interested?

We have the track Saturday evening from 4:00pm - 8:00 pm, cost will be $75 prepaid.

A little background -

The Dunville Circuit is one of the safest tracks you can learn on. It's not very fast (save for the around 1/4 mile back straight) and very technical. It's also very fun and you'll spend the whole day mastering your line, and there are some pretty good photo ops.

This is how it will work, for those not familiar with our track days. We are limiting this track day to about 32 cars since we have 4 hours lapping time instead of 3. This gives you plenty of time and room on the track while keeping the crowd down.

We usually have a briefing prior to getting out on the track, followed by a few warm up laps, then lapping for the rest of the day. "Lapping" refers to just that, doing laps. Passing is STRICTLY prohibited except on the back straight, and only when the person in front of you has allowed you by by signaling you to pass. We reserve all rights to kick people off the track that are driving dangerously and/or aren't listening to track marshalls.

For those that have never been to the track, I encourage you to try it out, even if you're still on stock tires (they'll suck, and burn up quick, but it's still fun)

All those interested in attending this track day on June 7th, email to (info@Touge.ca) and Sign up

Include first name and last initial, car type, & contact info

i.e.
- My name is your name
- Email: your email address
- Your car model:
- Your car color:
- Your car year:
- I want to drive my car at the track on June 7th.

- Helmets are mandatory for convertibles.

Helmets are strongly recommended for safety reasons, you will have to sign a disclaimer at the track, for those who do not wear helmet and not following flaggings, and our lapping rules, the participants take full responsibility for their action. (if you have helmets, it won't hurt to bring them up). All convertibles drivers must wear helmets! If you don't have one, you can rent one at the track for $10.

All those interested please email me & sign up asap. I want to build a list and collect money as soon as I can.

** Payment/Deposit**

Prepaid: $75 CAD (Prior to May 31st)
After May 31st or At the track: $100 CAD
Pls signup for prepaid to reserve your spot asap and We don't accept anymore participants when all spots are filled.

** All prepaid no later than May 31st, Saturday**

Please contact me if you want to meet up to pay for the track fee.
Whoever wants to pay the track fee by Email money Transfer, PAYPAL or Money Order, kindly contact Kevin (416-5649999) or email Kevin@Touge.ca for instruction.
For those never use Paypal before, pls go to http://www.paypal.com

**Meet and Departure details below**

For All Drivers
Entering the Track MEET: The SUNOCO Gas Station @ 102 King Street West located in Stoney Creek, ON L8J 1J2
**North West corner of King Street and Centennial Parkway South intersection <---- Sunoco Map
(You will see this Sunoco Gas Station when u exit QEW to Centennial Parkway S, it is about 8-10 mins after Exit on Centennial Pkwy S. ** It is the 2nd Sunoco Gas Station on your right after u exit QEW to Centennial Pkwy S. NOT the first one on your LEFT. The Sunoco map above is not the exact intersaction corner**

Since we have a large crew/cruise going in, we expect more time and we most probably will arrive the track at least half hour earlier before 4:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Driving Directions to the Dunnville Circuit
From Toronto take the QEW Eastbound to Niagara:

-HWY-401 EXPRESS West
-Take exit #352 onto HWY-427 South toward Q.E.W. - go 2.7 km
-Take the BURNHAMTHORPE ROAD exit onto HWY-427 COLLECTORS South - go 2.7 km
-Take the HWY-427 exit toward Q.E.W. - go 2.3 km
-Take the Q.E.W. exit - go 17.5 km
-Continue on HWY-403 West - go 21.1 km

-Take fork onto QEW toward NIAGARA/FORT ERIE - go 11.9 km

-Take exit #88/HWY-20
onto CENTENNIAL PARKWAY SOUTH[HWY-20] - go 5.5 km

-Continue to follow HWY-20 - go 3.5 km

-Continue on HWY-56 - go 23.8 km
-Turn left on TALBOT RD[HWY-3] - go 7.6 km

-Turn right to follow HWY-3 - go 11.3 km

-Continue on MAIN ST W - go 1.0 km Keep to the right, the road follows the river.

-Turn right on DOVER RD[RR-3] - go 1.1 km
-Turn right at the bridge that goes over the river. Once over the bridge turn
left at the Esso Gas station,
-Turn left on PORT MAITLAND RD[RR-11] - go 3.7 km
Regional Road #11, proceed for 3 KM to Dunnville Airport on right hand side.

Arrive at 536 REGIONAL RD 11, DUNNVILLE <----Google Map

Detail Maps are available upon request for drivers(Kevin@subarism.com)

The Dunville Circuit is located at south of Hamilton, east of Toronto Motorsports Park. around 1 hr and 15 mins drive from Toronto. We will meet together in Toronto and cruise down there like our Shannonville Track days.
================================================== =========================

mleblond
05-28-2008, 10:31 AM
I might be in Toronto that weekend....would be nice if a few guys decide to go since it's sorta on my way home :)

TurboEight
05-28-2008, 12:36 PM
good stuff fobio.

But i don't think you will get much interest on the board....

good luck!...

and hopefully see you there=) and other ms3 or regular owners.

Fobio
05-28-2008, 12:40 PM
yeah, I know...but hey, gotta try and get ppl out! :)

Roll call for Saturday, June 7th:

1. Fobio
2. TurboEight

Let's go show them what us Mazda boys can do!

Fobio
06-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Well...I was the only MS3 there...and there was a CG sedan but prolly not on the board.

Running the track counter-clockwise was fun! Was in a convoy lead by 2 STi's and a RSX, then me...I was putting on some pressure and promptly chased that RSX off the track at a high-speed turn, where he lifted and went off...lol...

There were some serious cars there:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/vincent.chum/SEtlIlNP7jI/AAAAAAAAAXk/Z9-y4Afocto/s800/IMG_0128.JPG"

http://lh6.ggpht.com/vincent.chum/SEtmStEUmDI/AAAAAAAAAYM/jNWEDRMpphU/s800/IMG_0132.JPG

Most serious tho...hehe...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/vincent.chum/SEtmPG4ACvI/AAAAAAAAAYE/7NC8FZk7QZo/s800/IMG_0130.JPG