PDA

View Full Version : Gas Pedal Woes

alexalex
05-28-2008, 11:53 PM
hi there,
i love everything about my new mazda 3 sport, BUT, i find the gas pedal too soft and i am getting a cramp from holding my foot up, instead of relaxing it on the pedal when i'm cruising. the dealership has replaced the original pedal for me but the problem remains. is there anyone else who has had this problem and can help?
i think maybe my legs are too long and i should have got the electric seats tht go up, not just back and forth. this would support my leg better. so a word to anyone over 5foot 10 or so - get the electric seats, and make sure you are comfortable driving that thing.
i would love to hear from you out therewith any suggestions,
thanks

crunchie46
05-28-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm 6'1" and it seems fine to me. I have an 04 and i have a manual adjust for the seat, both for height and back and forth. The gas pedal seems ok to me as well.

Flagrum_3
05-29-2008, 03:38 AM
Rest your gas pedal foot on the centre console wall, ...it works!

_3

alexalex
05-29-2008, 08:57 PM
yeah, thanks for writing,
i am trying everything to make it better and the new pedal they installed seem s a bit stiffer than the first. in my old car i could rest my foot fully on the pedal, on the other hand, my mazda 3 sport has really good acceleration as it's so easy to press the pedal down. i have also added a seat cover to lift and support my leg a bit better. still wish i had a seat that goes up a bit, to support my leg. i will try resting it against the inside console as suggested. what i have been doing is driving with the tips of my toes and it's ok.
cheers,
alex

Noisy Crow
05-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Do you have cruise control? You can add it if you do not......

alexalex
06-01-2008, 11:08 AM
what i realize that i need is more leg support at the front of the seat to hold my leg's weight up off the pedal. but even with the seat all the way back it's not enough for me. does anybody know if the electric adjustable seat can be added after market? i think that an extra inch or so up would help a lot.

Swerny
06-10-2008, 01:27 PM
put a pillow under your thigh.