PDA

View Full Version : CEL auto reset?

zoomzoom33
06-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Just wondering, I had a CEL come on yesterday morning while going to work,
Later in the day as I went out for lunch the CEL went off by itself. This happened while I was driving. I thought that you needed to reset it manually, and that it shouldn't reset by itself. Is this normal? Also what does our system look for before it gives a CEL? I had to reset it quite a number of times already, and it varies when it goes on. The shortest time was 20km and the longest time was 350km. I know that this CEL is because I have the TSX DP without a cat. Is there any way of tricking the system to not give a CEL
for this issue other then getting a DP with a high flow CAT?

RX9
06-01-2008, 01:37 PM
use AP to get the code then clear it.

Garu
06-01-2008, 02:18 PM
So what was the code you were throwing? Did you try to read it?
How did you know it is related to your DP?

alhope34
06-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I have the same DP, I get P0421 all the time, every 80-200km. Which is for bad cat warm-up or something.

zoomzoom33
06-02-2008, 06:49 PM
So what was the code you were throwing? Did you try to read it?
How did you know it is related to your DP?

Its related to the Cat less DP. The car is reading a bad cat, which is true cause I don't have one. What I really want to know is how it can reset itself and what paramitters its looking for before giving a CEL. The variation is quite big in between resets - between 20 - 300kms. I just want to look at ways of not getting the CEL other then getting another DP with a high flow CAT. I could however get a dashhawk to read and reset. Does the Cobb AP do resets as well?