PDA

View Full Version : Anyone install an auto-dimming mirror on the MS3? Need B+ (constant 12volt) wire

WeatherB
06-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Has anyone installed the auto-dimming mirror on the MS3? For the wiring, the mirror should be connected to the B+ wire (constantly supplied 12 volts) which is the orange with black stripe wire on the driver-side wiring harness right next to the dead pedal.

The problem is that the Mazdaspeed3 doesn't seem to have the orange with blank stripe. It only has a black with orange stripe which doesn't do the trick.

Noisy Crow
06-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Has anyone installed the auto-dimming mirror on the MS3? For the wiring, the mirror should be connected to the B+ wire (constantly supplied 12 volts) which is the orange with black stripe wire on the driver-side wiring harness right next to the dead pedal.

The problem is that the Mazdaspeed3 doesn't seem to have the orange with blank stripe. It only has a black with orange stripe which doesn't do the trick.

You can try asking/searching here: http://www.the12volt.com/

Or wait until next week when the Wiring Manual I ordered shows up (I hope, it's back ordered). At which time I can look it up for you.

BTW, it's not a constant 12V, it is switched with the ignition.

WeatherB
06-06-2008, 11:24 PM
You can try asking/searching here: http://www.the12volt.com/

Or wait until next week when the Wiring Manual I ordered shows up (I hope, it's back ordered). At which time I can look it up for you.

BTW, it's not a constant 12V, it is switched with the ignition.

Thanks. I actually have the one with homelink so it uses both constant and switched.

The switched (orange with yellow stripe) is fine, but the constant is missing. :(

Noisy Crow
06-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks. I actually have the one with homelink so it uses both constant and switched.

The switched (orange with yellow stripe) is fine, but the constant is missing. :(

There IS a nice red one in the passenger kick...... see cwp_sedan's install instructions for shock sensor.....

Gizzmo_jr
06-07-2008, 01:24 AM
In my 2007 wiring schematic, B/O is apart of the headlight system.
O/B is attached to the Instrument Cluster.
If you need a constant 12v, Red and Black/Red will work. Both are directly to B+, for the ignition switch. You can find the C-01 connector in where you were looking, left side kick panel area.

WeatherB
06-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks. Let me give the red a try.

Crow, ya, the passenger kickplate has all the connections I need but I am hooking the mirror into the driver side.

WeatherB
06-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks guys, the red wire did the trick.

Yippie.