PDA

View Full Version : OVER FILLED vs. BAD SEAL

RX9
06-10-2008, 09:28 PM
i got a unhappy weekend.

alright....i need to clear my whitby mazda experience now.

i just got the oil change last friday, as usual, i brought my own mobie1 oil and they do the service. i went to toronto right after the change, then i found out there are lots buleish smoke puffing out the tip when i waited for the traffic, "WTF, the bad seal sign". i called them right the way about the problem i got. the service guy told me that its normal, i should get the smoke if i drove at the hot weather, ( WTF, he knew nothing about speed3).
from that moment i didnt trust him anymore, i checked the oil, try to find out if he put my sync oil in or not. then i found out the even worst reality, he OVERFILLED my engin, the oil line was all the way above the "S" shape area on the oil dip. that means he may overfilled almost 1.5L of oil and also means he didnt even drin out 75% of the old oil, he may not even change the oil filter. thats why the new sync oil didnt smell as usuall. :flaming
i went back to him, he jacked my car up and drin out LOTS oil to keep the oil level right below MAX line.
THANKS GOD, my seal problem gone right after that. thanks couple friends in this form comforted me when i asked them about the seal problem:chuckle

the result: 1. I will never go back to Whitby Mazda again for the ****ing service. 2. if you saw the blueish smoke as like bad seal, go check your oil level, it might be overfilled.

brecker
06-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Dealers

:bang

So far the only thing a dealer has touched on my car is the brakes after 43,000 kms.

By the way - I need a ride in your car to compare stuff!! :)

RX9
06-11-2008, 10:51 AM
^^^ no problem, i thought you would come yesterday. :)

brecker
06-12-2008, 09:11 AM
^^^ no problem, i thought you would come yesterday. :)

life got in the way!! Apologies for taking so long.