PDA

View Full Version : Factory Remote Start

Mazda3X2
06-11-2008, 09:21 AM
I just had a question regarding the Mazda remote starter.

Reading the small manual that came with it, it says that once the vehicle has remote started you can press the start button again to turn on the rear defroster. This is a really cool feature. Does anyone know a good way to check to see if this is working without waiting until the winter to actually see it? I don't have the greatest faith that they installed this function and want to know before too much time passes. From what I can see, pressing the start button again doesn't seem to do anything at all.

If anyone has experience with this any info would be appreciated, thanks.

FLIPDADY
06-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Look inside your car to see if the defrost light is on. It should automatically turn on once you press the start button. Where was it installed? They should check it before giving you the car.

Mazda3X2
06-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Nothing changes inside the car at all when I do this. I wasn't sure the small LED would come on the same as if you pushed the rear defrost button. It was installed at Bay Mazda before I picked up the car, an 08.5.

FLIPDADY
06-11-2008, 02:57 PM
I think I read somewhere that the defrost function might not work if your vehicle is equipped with auto climate control.

Jeff-TheBiz
06-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Look inside your car to see if the defrost light is on. It should automatically turn on once you press the start button. Where was it installed? They should check it before giving you the car.

You need to press start twice.... newb...

Rear defrost wouldn't be much help in the summer, when you start the car to cool off the interior before you hop in.

Mazda3X2
06-11-2008, 09:01 PM
So, in pressing the start again after the engine has started, the rear defroster comes on. That's what the manual said as well but I am just trying to make sure this was done during the install before winter hits. I guess I may have to wait to see if it melts stuff off.

starwind
06-16-2008, 12:13 AM
If it is foggy or there is rain on your rear window you can often see the rear defroster working...

Do note that you have to hit start twice within a certain time limit or else the second time you hit it will NOT turn on the defrost.

-SW