PDA

View Full Version : Solution to possessed MS3s whose independent fog lights activate at random

WeatherB
06-13-2008, 06:25 PM
It all started about 3 nights ago when my brother woke me up in the middle of the night to let me know that my fog lights and angle eyes were on!! I didn't think much of it at the time, but naturally became more concerned when it started happening nearly ever 12 hours.

The issue is that the ignition gets power at random on this car. Weirdly enough my regular Mazda3 never had this problem.

I got to thinking and came up with a solution... Instead of tapping directly into the ignition power, use a relay which is triggered by the key being in the accessory position. So now the lights only come on when the key is in the ON position and the lights shutoff immediately after removing the key. No more waiting 2-3 minutes for the lights to go off and no more random turn ons. :bana

SP33D 3
06-13-2008, 06:27 PM
does it stay on if the turbotimer is on?

McGuyver_3
06-13-2008, 06:54 PM
i beleive MPS had this problem way back when he first got his car but i do not remember the outcome

WeatherB
06-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Nope, it goes off as soon as you turn the key to "Off".

McGuyver, yup, MPS mentioned it when he saw the independent fog lights on my regular Mazda3.