PDA

View Full Version : Black Piano look

Jaredkm
06-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Hey all, this is my first post on the site. Looks like a great site with lots of info!
I have been driving my new 2008 Mazda 3 GS for a few weeks now, and really do love it. I miss my truck, but I sure dont miss what I was spending on gas.
My first question is this: Is it possible to change that "wood looking" strip in the dash to the black piano finish that is offered in the 2008.5? I was also thinking of changing the sections in the door that are around the window switches to the piano black as well. I know that the dash section can be popped off pretty easy, but the door ones look harder. I want to stick with OEM stuff, and no I dont want to just overlay it with someting else. What do you think?
Thanks!:pop

yearoftherat
06-26-2008, 01:29 AM
Welcome to the forum and glad to hear you're enjoying the new ride.
for future reference please post in the correct section of the forum (This should be in Interior Modification)
But since your a newbie, I'll answer your questions : The dash strip and trim around the switches can be changed. The door ones are a bit harder as you don't want to break the clips that hold it in place. The dash one is easy to do too.

WeatherB
06-26-2008, 07:30 AM
I wonder how much the trim pieces cost...

Paging FLIPDADY!

Unoriginalusername
06-26-2008, 07:49 AM
you'd be looking at around $220 for the left/right front/rear trim peices and the center strip if i recall

Tizmee24
06-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Hey all, this is my first post on the site. Looks like a great site with lots of info!
I have been driving my new 2008 Mazda 3 GS for a few weeks now, and really do love it. I miss my truck, but I sure dont miss what I was spending on gas.
My first question is this: Is it possible to change that "wood looking" strip in the dash to the black piano finish that is offered in the 2008.5? I was also thinking of changing the sections in the door that are around the window switches to the piano black as well. I know that the dash section can be popped off pretty easy, but the door ones look harder. I want to stick with OEM stuff, and no I dont want to just overlay it with someting else. What do you think?
Thanks!:pop

Welcome to the club :bana2

Jaredkm
06-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the forum and glad to hear you're enjoying the new ride.
for future reference please post in the correct section of the forum (This should be in Interior Modification)
But since your a newbie, I'll answer your questions : The dash strip and trim around the switches can be changed. The door ones are a bit harder as you don't want to break the clips that hold it in place. The dash one is easy to do too.

Sorry bout the wrong forum posting!:blush In the GM Trucks forum I was a member of before, if you really wanted someting answered, you had to put it in the general section. Seems like you guys are better at checking all the sections. Thanks for the imput so far, if someone from a dealership knows the price, that would be cool too.

PS: Its nice that most of the peeps in here are Canadian, so I can talk in Liters and Kilometers!

3GFX
06-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Trim pieces are 70 - 120 $ if I'm not mistaken. The piano black is the cheapest oddly enough with the carbon fibre being more expensice (read GT package) and MS flat black strip is the most expensive!

FLIPDADY
06-26-2008, 10:06 AM
I'll put together a piano black package if you're interested.

Let me know.