PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Question

Cozwell
07-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Has anyone tried to mod their headlights here? Like put in strobes or anything like that actually on the inside of the lamp?

mit-gee-mui
07-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Old discussion. End result: people are hesistant due to legality issues.
http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=13629&highlight=strobe%2A

Cozwell
07-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Im not leaning toward stobes but more so the question was - has anyone removed the fornt of thier headlamps to install such a thing as "strobes" into the actual housing? I dont want to give up what i want to do casue i want to try to be the first in the group to do it...LOL

So does anyone know a shop they they worked with in the past or am i on my own for this one?

kw

cwp_sedan
07-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Tons of people have done angel eyes. Just do a search for them. :)

3GFX
07-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Yea there are a couple threads on how to open them up and such.

x_o_k_x
07-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Im not leaning toward stobes but more so the question was - has anyone removed the fornt of thier headlamps to install such a thing as "strobes" into the actual housing? I dont want to give up what i want to do casue i want to try to be the first in the group to do it...LOL

So does anyone know a shop they they worked with in the past or am i on my own for this one?

kw

You mean like all new audis have?

cwp_sedan
07-08-2008, 01:08 PM
You mean like all new audis have?

Audis don't have any strobes...

Caz
07-08-2008, 02:13 PM
use the Search many threads on this topic.

p-o-g-i
07-08-2008, 11:07 PM
If you're referring to baking the headlight casing itself to open and then re- sealing again afterwards, the yes it has been done before by a few members including myself. I'm sure a search should bring it up, but if more support is needed feel free to send me a PM.

For myself, I haven't done it to my Mazda3 per say, but I have baked the headlights for a Civic, Prelude, and EL. Here's a sample of how I black housed my EL:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j109/p-o-g-i/30954291645052l.jpg

x_o_k_x
07-09-2008, 12:30 AM
Audis don't have any strobes...

i meant LEDs, you know what i mean:chuckle

McGuyver_3
07-12-2008, 05:59 PM
I am not quite sure what you mean to instal but i am sure if you put up like a rough sketch or something some one will know what you mean. Also if you are referring to the led daylight running strips those have been done before but not installed inside a housing just taped on. If thats what you are reffering to i would be interested to help you out on this little project.
also if you plan on doing this i would suggest you buy a set of used housings just so that you can have a spare set