PDA

View Full Version : Dunnville testing results

Fobio
07-16-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm at the point right now where I can gather some meaningful data to share with everyone and MS3/AP guys...mods in my sig...data collected on July 15...

Stage 1+ SF V1.01 MSF aFT
79.896 sec
max 145.0 km/h
avg 91.6 km/h
max lat g 0.91

Stage 1+ SF V1.01
80.262 sec
max 144.80 km/h
avg 90.7 km/h
max lat g 0.95

Stock
80.214 sec
max 143.9 km/h
avg 88.9 km/h
max lat g 1.03

video to come :bana

I have datalogs from MaxQData to share if anyone is capable with the MaxQData Chart program/reader...

Fobio
07-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Video of my run with the Stage 1+ SF MSF map:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTceEn8n6MM

Come for a ride with me with some good 'choons...:chuckle

3GFX
07-16-2008, 08:49 AM
Nice time's man. About 2 seconds faster than my buddie's friends tuned RX8.

Fobio
07-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks man...it's my "home" track...lol...

Marsh
07-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Those pretty close times to try and differentiate. Did you do several laps and average? I go up and down by at least half a second a lap all the time.

Speedy2008
07-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Have any of you trackers ever considered removing the back seats, spare tire, jack, + any other removable objects? Do you think it would improve performace or is the car already amazing the way it is?

It would be neat to see a modded Speed3 similar to a stripped down rally car.

Fobio
07-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Those pretty close times to try and differentiate. Did you do several laps and average? I go up and down by at least half a second a lap all the time.

My lap times for this track is surprisingly consistent...my hot laps (no traffic) are within .5 sec of each other for sure...

These posted were the fastest hot lap with the specified maps...

The procedure was:

1. Flash map.
2. 3 warm up laps.
3. Pit. Key on/off.
4. 5 laps (1 warm-up, 3 hot, 1 cool down).
5. Repeat with other map.

I'm personally having a hard time myself grasping the difference myself as there are concerns about how long it takes to actually "relearn" a map when it's flashed...

Marsh
07-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Have any of you trackers ever considered removing the back seats, spare tire, jack, + any other removable objects? Do you think it would improve performace or is the car already amazing the way it is?

Actually it's required by any real sanctioning bodies rule book that you remove jack, spare tire and tools. They can kill you if they come loose in an accident and most are held by pretty small bolts (that said the mz3 bolt is pretty big). I've never taken apart a mz3 seat, but usually rear seats weight next to nothing. In my old prelude the entire seat back and hardware was no more than 30lbs and the seat bottom was just a peace of foam no more than 2lbs. There's much more weight savings to be had by other means. IF you want to get serious about weight removal then AC and sound deadening material should be first on your list.

But being smart about weight savings would be to get the lightest wheels and tires you can find, and NOT in big diameters.

Fobio
07-16-2008, 10:00 PM

When I was at AutoX earlier that day, I actually took everything I could out...except the jack...hmmm...maybe there's a 0.1 sec there somewhere...but I weigh 130lb all wet...so...definite driver mod...lol..

When I got to Dunnville, I was too damn tired to unload my spare and all...so I took out my tool box and etc and left the spare and jack on...I fgured as long as it's apples to apples then it's cool...

Taking out the spare tire definitely helps weight transfer...

3GFX
07-16-2008, 11:09 PM
I've always thought about if I went to the track I'd remove so much. It easy to take out the rear seat in the sedans as well! :)