PDA

View Full Version : AP Stage 1+SF Map Test Lap Times

Fobio
07-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Just in case some of you don't wander into the Tracking/Handling sectoion...these were collected at Dunnville Autodrome on July 15:

Stage 1+ SF V1.01 MSF aFT
79.896 sec
max 145.0 km/h
avg 91.6 km/h
max lat g 0.91

Stage 1+ SF V1.01
80.262 sec
max 144.80 km/h
avg 90.7 km/h
max lat g 0.95

Stock
80.214 sec
max 143.9 km/h
avg 88.9 km/h
max lat g 1.03

All comments welcome...my next set of tests will come with ambient temps and tire temps...

Unoriginalusername
07-17-2008, 11:18 AM
why were your lateral g's worse as you went quicker? was the car quicker or did you just get more confident with the track each time out

Fobio
07-17-2008, 11:28 AM
I left that tidbit of info out to peak ppl's interest...hehe...

The testing sequence went like so:

1. I arrived at the track with the MSF map flashed.
2. I flashed to stock map and started there, then v1.01, then MSF.
3. So in fact the testing began with the stock map -> v1.01 -> MSF

The procedure was:

1. Flash map.
2. 3 warm up laps.
3. Pit. Key on/off.
4. 5 laps (1 warm-up, 3 hot, 1 cool down).
5. Repeat with other map.

So the reason the MSF map showed lower g's than stock is because I purposely used relatively "fresh" tires for the stock map so no one will say that I used the worst conditions for the stock map to skew results. By the time I did my 3rd session with the MSF maps, the tires were beginning to go...so the point is that even with hotter/less grippy tires, I was able to achieve those times...

But a side observation is that with only 225/45/17, the increase in power may be overwhelming the front tires and lowering available grip as well...these are some of the factors that makes testing these maps back-to-back difficult...

Also...the reason why I did this in Dunnville after AutoX eventho I was dead tired was because I know Dunnville well enough that my hot lap times are always within .5 sec of each other if not lower...some sessions I have recorded have 3 laps within 0.3 sec of each other...so I'm pretty confident that I did not go faster cuz I got used to the track...infact, by the last session with MSF maps, I can't wait to get home cuz I was tired...maybe that's why I drove faster?...hehe...

I'm open to all suggestions and opinions about tire grip and testing methodolgy etc...and I also have datalogs from MaxQData to back up my laptimes...