PDA

View Full Version : Buying Mz3 from Ontario Mazda

Soyabean
07-20-2008, 10:30 AM
I like telling stories lol, so im gonna write my story first before getting to the comment i want to make hahah.

So yesterday I decided to go with my girl and her family to go car shopping. And we were only supposed to do some research for prices and specs at first and didn't really have the intention of buying anything yet. We went to 3 dealerships in the Dixie/401 auto mall. So my girl and her mom test drove the corolla and civic and didn't really like the power on the corolla nor did they like the style of the civic. Then i decided to step in and ask why didn't they try driving a mazda 3? So anyways, we drove into the parking lot (i was driving my car) and i happened to see a old buddy of mine who I used to go to school with.

It happens that he's a saleman (Daniel Alpous) but I called him Danny from before. Really good guy, honest, and straight forward. He let my girl and her mom take turns test driving the 08.5 sport gt and they fell in love with it.

So then we started to work with the numbers. Right away he went into the office and talk with the sale manager (Paiman Chowdhry - another awesome person to deal with) and gave us a really good deal on the GT. This was good because my god sister bought a 08.5 MZ3 GS sedan from Mazda of Brampton 3 months ago for more than the offer Ontario Mazda had given us for the 08.5 GT sport. But knowing me, (im a lil cheap asian boy lol), I like to haggle some more to try and save my girl's family some more money. But they really couldn't move anymore as they were expaining how they were really giving me a low as they could and this was true because I've done my fair share of research on this forum and have seen how much people have bought mz3's for.

So we give him a counter offer and he goes in and Paiman Chowdhry (sales manager) comes out and expains everything. Of course it was a good deal but my girl's family did not want to pay that price for a car. So we talked a deal for the GS model and the price went down a bit. They were still unsure which one to buy. But then Paiman came back and asked us how we were paying, and we told them cash.

Now the situation changed and he told us about the $3900 cash incentive for the remaining 08 models. Then he found a 08 GT sport, auto, moonroof in CWP for us and worked out an amazing number, a number at which we couldn't refuse and walk away from. Now we were ready to sign when he came back and told us that the one we wanted (from a sister dealership) had backed up into something and damaged the bumper. Immediately he told us that he will not sell that car because he told us that he did not want them to fix up the bumper and sell it just in case the frame got damaged. VERY ETHICAL of him :bana

Now he called around (holy crap i got a lot of time on my hands, i'll try to wrap this up) and he found a couple in Quebec. Regardless, he found the exacty one we were looking for and we signed.

Also, Paiman offered to help me fix my center console thing that i screwed up with gasoline and he offered to give my girl a shark fin (he threw in AFTER we sealed the deal)

We also got tints for free but i guess that was an incentive for buying a car too.

IN CONCLUSION, LOL, Great first time experience from Ontario Mazda, Especially from Paiman Chowdhry (Sales Manager) and Daniel Alpous (Salesman). Everything worked out great and now my gf drives the same car as me.......... Mine is still faster so i dont care lol. Very ethical and straight forward. I highly recommend dealing through these 2 guys

Also, as an added bonus, i got a couple of the salesman eyeing out my car and received some compliements. Thats an added bonus but sure made my day lol :bana

Thank you for listening. I've timed myself and this took me 34 mins to write. Now im just deciding if i should head over to MOTM or not. It's raining cats and dogs.

Jeff-TheBiz
07-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Nice to hear you had a great experience.

Now the situation changed and he told us about the $3900 cash incentive for the remaining 08 models.

CASH PURCHASE

Mazda3 Sport GT $4300 Discount

BTW, MOTM was amazing even with the inclimate weather...

Good turn out.

Soyabean
07-21-2008, 12:18 AM
oh geez, cash purchase is 4300? wth man

Soyabean
07-22-2008, 12:28 AM
Update: So i went in twice today. 1 time in the morning and 1 time in the evening. I told him that i feel there is some corrections that needed to be made clear and changed and after looking at it for less than a min, Paiman immediately changed it to a lower price.

Then i went in again in the evening to drop off some needed information and again forgot to mention the mistake in the cash incentive. Immediately he changed the final price again.

So the price has dropped even after signing the bill of sale. I am extremely happy with this purchase and definitely vouch for him for anyone looking into getting a mazda.

I would also like to thank Jeff for mentioning the cash incentive for you have saved me some money. Thanks jeff

Jeff-TheBiz
07-22-2008, 11:50 AM
I would also like to thank Jeff for mentioning the cash incentive for you have saved me some money. Thanks jeff

Your welcome, but the fact remains that it shouldn't have taken you 2 extra visits...

whatif you weren't a tm3 member... it would have costed your gf any extra $xxx

craigrodrigues88
07-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Good to hear that you had a good experience! I have had mixed emotions about that dealership, but it's all good now:). Lets just say they made it right ...

a084596
07-31-2008, 03:41 PM
I purchased a vehicle from this dealership and I can tell you they are very dishonest and will do/say whatever to lock you into a contract. I purchased a Mazda 3 sport gt on a Saturday and was told I would have it early in the week. By Wednesday when I hadn't received a call I phoned and they told me they went to get the car and it was badly damaged even though it was in the showroom. I hung up and called the dealership and they told me they never spoke to Ontario Mazda. The car was already sold and shipped to another dealer the week before, plus, they are closed on Saturdays. When I called Ontario Mazda back they played dumb - can you believe that? I contacted my lawyer and went back immediately to void my contract and get my money back plus I reported them to the better business bureau. Beware of this dealer...........

Alpous
08-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Thank you very much Ben. I appreciate the kind words.

Glad that everything in the end was made right, and I must apologize for the mistake on the cash rebate on that vehicle, glad that everything was made right in the end.

Danny Alpous