PDA

View Full Version : Hard Start with Remote Starter

Donutz
07-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Anyone here running a Compustar PRO P2W9000FMR-AS? I'm wondering if anyone experiences the same issue as I do. I'll try to describe it:

My car is manual, and I've noticed that the car seems to start hard when I use the remote starter. At first I thought it was because my car is backed into the driveway, about 3 feet from the garage door; perhaps I was just hearing the sound resonate off of the garage door.

The only way I can describe the hardstart is that it seems that the starter is on for a split second too long. It almost has a rattle sound, or a rough sound just as the engine cranks and fires up. If I start the car with the key I don't experience this at all. I asked my fiancee's bro (he has this system on his RSX) and he says he gets the same thing.

Anyone experience this issue with this or any other brands of remote starters on a stick shift? I'm curious if it's only the Compustar that does this.

I use the start feature quite a bit, but I think I'm going to stop using it. I'll save it for cold winter days.

CoreySprung
07-25-2008, 10:10 PM
To me this sounds like it needs to relearn tach, or tach was never learnt in the first place. i would take it back to the place that installed it and have them reprogram tach, or try it your self its very easy.

1: Start the car with the key, let idle.
2: Press the program switch on the side of the Unit (under dash).
3: Park lights will Flash saying its programed.

Then try the starter.

Noisy Crow
07-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Does it monitor the tach? If not it may be cranking longer than it needs to (and it will have no way of knowing if the car actually started)

McGuyver_3
07-26-2008, 04:12 AM
That system can leanr the tach by pressing the button on the side of the alarm start module itself. Like coreysprung said start the car, press the button on the module and it will flash the parking lights and also chirp once to tell you it is learned.
Personally i do not have any abnormal noises when i start my car. If the siren chirps 3 times it may mean that either it wont learn the tach and the module is fried or that the tach wire is not hooked up properly. It has happened to me when i installed my system

shootemup
07-26-2008, 12:34 PM
I had that unit in my Sentra. It was great for starting the car in normal weather, but when it was really cold out, it wouldn't even crank... which angered me, cause that is the reason you have a remote starter. But I found the starts fine.

m_a_t_r_i_x
07-26-2008, 05:39 PM
i had it in my old car, it killed the battery....i regret having it, that piece of crap

selective sound
07-28-2008, 11:50 AM
If it's a pro unit it doesn't have a programming button on the side. The place that installed it probably tapped into your injector wire for tach signal which isn't a strong output. On the Mazda 3's they have individual coil packs so the tach signal is not that strong.