PDA

View Full Version : RPMC Turbo Inlet.

alhope34
07-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, I added the turbo inlet pipe to my small list of mods. And I have to say, I am very impressed. I bought it off James, I was the one he was holding it for. :chuckle Ahaha, I got it!!!

Alright, well, I've gloated enough now. It makes the car sound amazing. I also have the Forge BPV, which is now MUCH louder and I get a huge suction noise when shifting in boost. I love it! Not to mention you can hear the turbo spooling from about 100 meters away. I noticed a bit of extra power after the ECU worked its self in properly, and actually seems to run smoother through all RPM range now.

I'll be adding a video tomorrow, when I actually have the time to make one. I think my car has a unique sound now. I don't know of any other MS3 in the GTA with the exact mod list as mine. Next up is the Vibrant MP-back exhaust.

Edit: Thanks again for the install help, James. Couldn't have done it without you.

Unoriginalusername
07-28-2008, 10:16 PM
glad to help, although the minute we went for that test drive i was wishing we weren't cash strapped and sold it lol... oh well maybe some day i will get it again and actually be able to install it on my car.

glad you are enjoying... hope the vids do partial justice to how wicked this thing sounded.

MSMitch
07-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Nice buy Al!!
I wish I was #6 on the list instead of #2 - rub it in why don't you!!! :bang
Can't wait to hear it next time I see you - you'll have to take me for a spin. Congrats, look fwd to the video...

CanadaGTO
07-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Got more coming Mitch, don't worry :)

stormin84
07-29-2008, 11:38 AM

Can't wait till I get mine

zoomzoom33
07-29-2008, 11:52 AM
awesome part at a low price. Love the sounds coming from the engine bay now that its installed. Like Al mentioned, the car feels abit more responsive to throttle input. I would say that this is one of the must have modds.

zoomzoom33
07-29-2008, 12:02 PM
awesome part at a low price. Love the sounds coming from the engine bay now that its installed. Like Al mentioned, the car feels abit more responsive to throttle input. I would say that this is one of the must have modds.

alhope34
07-29-2008, 08:28 PM
As promised. Well, the first video I had the windows open so can;t hear it much till the end of the video, the second one I had windows closed so it was a bit better.

Windows open:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKNzBV3-0Xo

Windows closed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOmnv4L8Z4k

stormin84
07-29-2008, 08:38 PM
excellent video, your right can't hear it to much in the first video...too bad the second wasn't like the first video from the view from behind..
seem that you enjoy it....lucky son of a gun

alhope34
07-29-2008, 08:42 PM
excellent video, your right can't hear it to much in the first video...too bad the second wasn't like the first video from the view from behind..
seem that you enjoy it....lucky son of a gun

I forgot about closed window video untill I was on my way home, couldn't set up the cam in traffic again.

SP33D 3
07-29-2008, 10:09 PM

gb?

CanadaGTO
07-29-2008, 10:25 PM
GB not currently possible since we were piggybacking on a US one.... I'll continue to ask though.

Unoriginalusername
07-29-2008, 10:43 PM
nice vids

alhope34
07-30-2008, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XuLB5rckeI

Updated video, with windows closed. The mic on the camera can't pick up the high pitched part of the BPV very well.

stormin84
07-30-2008, 08:35 PM
oh yea that vid is alot better...it does sound nice can wait till mine comes in..

MSMitch
08-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Al (and ANYONE with teh RPMC inlet) -Any updates on the RPMC Inlet? Still liking it, any vibration on the battery case etc?

Patrique - any word on availability of the Inlets?
Cheers!

CanadaGTO
08-19-2008, 11:25 AM
They were supposed to ship to me yesterday, but I have not received a tracking number as of yet.

WeatherB
08-19-2008, 11:57 AM
They were supposed to ship to me yesterday, but I have not received a tracking number as of yet.

Those slackers!

One person on M3F said the inlet pipe resolved his turbo smoking problems. :loco

Fobio
08-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Those slackers!

One person on M3F said the inlet pipe resolved his turbo smoking problems. :loco

the only way I see that as possible is if the stock inlet is actually collecting and dripping the oilly film from the exhaust recirculation...

otherwise, I don't see how the inlet can fix a smoking turbo (as if smoking turbo's have one cause and one cause only)...

No issue here with the battery case, etc. Just make sure you make sure you jam the inlet along with the silicone tube as much into the tuurbo as possible...and tighten those clamps! Jimmy said the fit isn't 100% due to the angling but it's not causing any issues what-so-ever...

alhope34
08-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Some advice for those installing the RPMC inlet:

Be VERY cautious of where the hose clamp is placed on the inlet side of the intake. I accidentally put the clamp (the actual clamp, not the loop part) up against the main wire harness for the ECU, and I came close to killing my car when the rocking of hard shifting freyed the ground wire in the harness. Lukily, Vlad found it right away when he looked under my hood (my car still wasnt acting up at all) and fixed it all nice for me. He's a great guy!

Garu
08-19-2008, 08:46 PM
He does have kin eye that fella.

ovillems3
08-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Um...ya... make sure that clamp is on top of the inlet.
I had it rub into my harness and it took out 5 or 6 wires.
It cost around $1400 to get the sensors replaced and labour.
Since brampton mazda is so retarded it cost me almost an extra $600 for a rental.

Unoriginalusername
08-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Since brampton mazda is so retarded it cost me almost an extra $600 for a rental.

:bang:bang:complain

Fobio
08-19-2008, 11:42 PM

that's one expensive install...I feel for ya man...

ovillems3
08-20-2008, 08:14 AM
It happened when I installed the COBB intake.
Ya it really sucks, it took the dealer 3 weeks to fix and they said they didnt know what was wrong with it and wanted it back to stock.
I said no, soder the wires back together and see if the codes go away.
1 code went away out of the 4 and they said sorry we dont know whats wrong, "our mechanic has his hands up in the air".
I told them to replace a sensor and if the code goes away replace all of the sensors.
It went away so they replaced the rest of the sensors and it was fine.
So I got it back with a missing MAF screw and my ets tmic heatshield in my trunk?

I hope they feel like idiots
I cant say this enough: mazda mechanics are ****ing retards. end of storey.

Sorry I should have started a thread but.......whatever.

Garu
08-20-2008, 08:19 AM
I never go back to Brampton Mazda after hearing some dumbest things ever from their service department.
Like DP causes the turbo to leak because of the loss of pressure.
Your experience proves further more...

Unoriginalusername
08-20-2008, 09:08 AM
It happened when I installed the COBB intake.
Ya it really sucks, it took the dealer 3 weeks to fix and they said they didnt know what was wrong with it and wanted it back to stock.
I said no, soder the wires back together and see if the codes go away.
1 code went away out of the 4 and they said sorry we dont know whats wrong, "our mechanic has his hands up in the air".
I told them to replace a sensor and if the code goes away replace all of the sensors.
It went away so they replaced the rest of the sensors and it was fine.
So I got it back with a missing MAF screw and my ets tmic heatshield in my trunk?

I hope they feel like idiots
I cant say this enough: mazda mechanics are ****ing retards. end of storey.

Sorry I should have started a thread but.......whatever.

time to find a new dealer... i recently switched to oakville mazda and they've done a good job thus far. bit of a drive but worth it to avoid crap like that

ovillems3
08-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Well that would be 2 dealers ive gone through.
Orangeville, now Brampton.
It doesnt matter Ive got only 6000kms and the warranty is done.

mleblond
08-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Well that would be 2 dealers ive gone through.
Orangeville, now Brampton.
It doesnt matter Ive got only 6000kms and the warranty is done.

Not many Mazdaspeed3 have warranty left....Mazda Canada don't want to stand behind their product...

Anyways
:OT

MSMitch
08-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Sort of on topic (may be old news) - but I just heard that CP-E is in development of their own turbo inlet - I think made of silicone so they won't be restricted on tube diameter, etc. Sounds interesting!
They are still working on the engine mount - had a bad batch of "rubber" compound - hopefull they will know more in a week or so.

Unoriginalusername
08-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Sort of on topic (may be old news) - but I just heard that CP-E is in development of their own turbo inlet - I think made of silicone so they won't be restricted on tube diameter, etc. Sounds interesting!
They are still working on the engine mount - had a bad batch of "rubber" compound - hopefull they will know more in a week or so.

so is forge and cobb