PDA

View Full Version : Fogs As DRL's- MS3

5_Alive
08-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Okay, I've searched all over the forums, and I haven't been able to find what I am looking for.
I simply want to be able to stop my DRL's completely from being my highbeams (remove fuse), and have my fog lights come on instead when I drive. Simple swap. Is there a wiring chart of some sort, or is there a simple way of doing things on this car?
My last resort was just to tap the power wires from the fog lights to the parking lights, so when I turn the parking lights on, the fogs also come on. Would this just be an easier solution to a somewhat difficult situation?
2007 Mazdaspeed3 btw..
and my HID's are not my DRL either, hence why I'm asking.. everything else I noticed is for those who are running aftermarket HID's but want the fog's or highbeams as DRL's..
My understanding is that the wiring is different from the MS3 to the normal 3 w/o HID's..
Thanks in advance..

WeatherB
08-06-2008, 09:18 AM
The speed3 is a little tricky... Here is a step-by-step to make your fog lights come on as soon as the car is turned on (i.e. key is in the ON position). It's more for angle eyes but very similar if you also look at the independent fog light guide.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=115990.msg2427492#msg2427492

5_Alive
08-06-2008, 10:23 AM
cool thanks bro.. I`ll give this a shot over the weekend if I have some time..
Seems pretty straight-forward and simple..
I have a couple of good friends that know what they are doing when it comes to wiring, and my best friend is actually in school for robotics engineering.. so I don't think he'll have a problem doing this for me if I get stuck along the lines lol..

WeatherB
08-06-2008, 01:04 PM
cool thanks bro.. I`ll give this a shot over the weekend if I have some time..
Seems pretty straight-forward and simple..
I have a couple of good friends that know what they are doing when it comes to wiring, and my best friend is actually in school for robotics engineering.. so I don't think he'll have a problem doing this for me if I get stuck along the lines lol..

No problem. Send me a PM if you get stuck or have any questions.

ICEBOX
09-10-2008, 06:32 PM
The speed3 is a little tricky... Here is a step-by-step to make your fog lights come on as soon as the car is turned on (i.e. key is in the ON position). It's more for angle eyes but very similar if you also look at the independent fog light guide.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=115990.msg2427492#msg2427492

sweet, looks like I have a DIY project this weekend!